It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will be the Next Bubble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Throughout my life I continue to see people embracing ignorance for the goal of prosperity. Common people to investors placing faith in weird schemes to create money out of thin air.

I'd articulate the following list of bubbles:

1) .COM bubble (IPO! IPO! IPO!)
2) Oil bubble (which ain't over folks!)
3) Housing bubble (it just doesn't go down in price!)
4) Banking / Debt bubble (I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!)
5) Day Trader / Wall Street bubble (hey, we can make money by predicting the direction of a line on a chart!)

What's next? My guess is gold. It's just a darned metal and although it is purdy and rare there is no practical applications justifying it's cost.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
the next bubble will be our dreams, which will pop along with our sovreignty when our economy still somehow finds a way to collapse, and we become the NAU.

i'd suggest buying gold, but only the solid kind, so that when and if the economy does collapse, you'll have something that's still valuable to start rebuilding with.

Even if the economy doesn't collapse, gold is still going to skyrocket i think, so it's a win/win IMO

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
the next bubble will be the re-brth of remote control / wireless products.

i dont mean batter operated tv remotes, i mean actual machines with no wires or power scorce attached (a tv or pc that needs 0 external wireing for instance)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'll put my money on advances in the medical field.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by En4cer]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It'll either be something new that gets way oversold like the .COM bubble or something marked for the "every American deserves one" attitude that brings about government meddling and the corruption of the free market like the housing bubble which begat the wall street implosion.

Or it will be something completely different altogether resulting in a currency reset and the NAU or even larger global order.

I think this bailout nonsense is the final setting of the foundation for the NAU but thats another thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Food/Biofuel

Global population rising, everyone needs food & biofuels are quickly becoming a necessity.

Food prices keep rising because more land is being used for Biofuels.

Biofuel prices keep coming down because more land is being used.

Food prices and Biofuel reach the same price and...

VOILA

Food/Biofuel in the same bubble.. prices will just keep rising.

There has already been a massive burst for any leasable land in argentina and other countries with a large arable land mass - almost solely for food production.
Inside info is giving massive profits for the first 4-5 years until the cost of seed goes through the roof. Then comes the first small price hike of many.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sandman692,

I guess the losses of sovereignty and freedoms can seem like a bubble. The changes are minor and increase with time until people wake up and decide who's boss at which point the bubble bursts.

En4cer,

That's an interesting one because I'm in the medical field. It does seem like a bubble in the sense that some of the most powerful companies in the world are drug companies and medical suppliers. I personally live a drug free life however my wife takes medications as she is a stroke survivor. I don't know if I'd do the same thing under her circumstances. One thing is for certain - we all want to live as long as we can and be as healthy as we can. I'd venture that drug companies overhead is small for such an expensive item and that they can take a number of hits to their bottom line.

Dermo,

Crop based biofuels are a joke in my opinion and I agree with your statements about it. Yes Brazil has used it to become energy independent but that country is in a much more fertile area of the world and has a lot less people. The wave of our immediate future is going to be grid based renewables or solar based hydrogen production. We as a country need to think about a grid based transportation system (superhighway between cities)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
4) Banking / Debt bubble (I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!)

That would be my guess. In every credit card application there is a little clause that says the company can "call in" the entire balance of your credit card anytime it wants to. All it has to do is send out a letter telling you to pay up now, and you're basically screwed. It's completely legal. If you try to fight it, they're just put a lien on your income, or possibly, if they are also the same place where you do your banking, reach into your bank account and get the money themselves. That might not be entirely legal, but have you ever read the fine print on your credit card contract?

Either way, if they wanted to, they could put a serious legal financial hurt on you to save their own butts.

new topics

top topics

join