It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians believe in fate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've asked this questions a few times to Christians. Some believe that God has already chosen when they will die, that theire time is up, and all that BS. We have free will so how exactly would he know when we would die. In my opinion I don't think he knows, what are some opinions on this?

ET3

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
and the great conspiracy of this is?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i beleave that every thing happens for a reason. and every is already preterminded. but i do belave that you can also chose what happens or what path to take. but when you chose that other path. then it was ment for you to chose it and it happend for a reason. i beleave in fate and destinaey. and i am chathloc. but i do belave also that you can chose the effect of what happens too.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
and the great conspiracy of this is?

leave off man, they're a new member. Chill for goodness sakes, they might not know.

LetsBusto what ET3 is trying to say in his not too suttle and unfriendly way is that the forum is for "Conspiracy" in Religion and Spiritulism.

I think these kinds of threads go in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum over at BelowTopSecret.com.

Mods clear this up if I am wrong.

Hope I have been of help man.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedilotis
i beleave that every thing happens for a reason. and every is already preterminded. but i do belave that you can also chose what happens or what path to take. but when you chose that other path. then it was ment for you to chose it and it happend for a reason. i beleave in fate and destinaey. and i am chathloc. but i do belave also that you can chose the effect of what happens too.

Fate=cruelty

Think about it. If he knows everything that will ever happen to you and everything you will be, then he knows some of us would be non-believers and never accept the message. How cruel is it to create only for the purpose of punishing? I don't think anyone knows what will happen to us and NOTHING is pre determined. Someone is just giving god more credit than he deserves and in the mean time unknowingy making him a cruel unkind god.

new topics

top topics

join