It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert: Imminent Martial Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

I think it will be next week things will start to happen. Remember October 7th is coming this tuesday. Things could start to get worse this weekend. People should start to leave the country to get away from this BS.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
VERY interesting thread.

I have to be honest. I am expecting the STHTF in a matter of weeks. Once I heard about the Gas Crisis in the Southern states I began to store gasoline. I live in SW Louisiana and right down the street from a VERY large Oil Refinery. Being in the area where Ike and Gustav hit I can tell you for a fact that it has in no way impacted production. In all actuality, the refineries are now hiring more people. Last month it was impossible to get a job in the plants. I can also tell you for a fact that there is no shortage of gasoline in this area. If the hurricanes were to blame for a gas shortage, this would be the area effected first. Everyone in this area who is aware of the gas shortage knows they are being lied to when it is explained why there is a shortage.

In this thread there have been some videos posted. In looking at these videos I came across this video
that suggest there are currently food riots in the Washington DC area. This worries me and I personally would like to know if this has indeed happened. Are there any members in the DC area that can confirm or deny what we have seen in this thread concerning events in Virgina and DC??

Someone please post any relevant information here or U2U me. I for one refuse to be caught off guard no matter what the future holds and I will not be going to the FEMA camp even if that is where the food is (which has always been my theory)

Edit to add: Use the YouTube link and you will find several videos about this "food riot"

[edit on 3-10-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yet another imminent martial law thread????

Don't you guys get bored of that? Don't you guys realize that to impose martial law in a country as big as the US is nearly impossible without full endorsement from the entire gov and armed forces, and also with population support or at least understanding of such a measure? Don't you guys realize that imposing martial law would just cause what you guys say it is allegedly trying to prevent (public rebellion)?

Are there no moderators to merge all this threads onto a single one?
I wonder were will they be in a months time when nothing happens...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Truekn

I have just watched the so called food riot videos on UTube, and I have to point out to you that the partially blurred out date stamp on the bottom left hand side appears to say 24-01-01, additionally the format of the date stamp is european.
I belive that this is DISINFORMATION.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

...I belive that this is DISINFORMATION.

It's more than that. It's people not bothering to think and do a simple thing, like walking in the street with their eyes open and reading a newspaper or two. This martial law thing is really starting to annoy me.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

helicopters flying over a city? Sounds like the neighborhood east of my building every night.

/tinfoilhat

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima

...I belive that this is DISINFORMATION.

It's more than that. It's people not bothering to think and do a simple thing, like walking in the street with their eyes open and reading a newspaper or two. This martial law thing is really starting to annoy me.

Get annoyed all you want, no one said you have to believe it is possible. For your information I do think, often. It is a hobby I have come to enjoy. I also read, again it is something that I enjoy.

Martial Law is a very plausible scenario. If you can not see that, there is not much I can say to change your mind.

I'd also like to add that I have walked down the street. I know what I see in my area which is why I know that people are being lied to about the gas shortage in the South East US. Which coincidentally has been mildly reported in the MSM.

You are free to believe whatever you like, that is your right. It is also my right to believe whatever I wish and to discuss it with like minded people. If that is something you can not deal with, then maybe this type of thread is not for you. Now if you would like to contribute to this thread in any way, I'd love to hear what you have to say pro or con, but if all your gonna do is complain and do the usual "my way of thinking is right and yours is wrong" routine, I'm sure it would be of much better use in the Aliens and UFO's forum

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

MrWendal you are absolutely correct. I am wondering if the majority of Americans have forgotten how quick things can change in our country.

Certainly, we should have learned a lesson from hurricane Katrina. There was total chaos in the streets and even in places that were supposed to be safe.

I do hope that if we have bank holidays, food shortages, more gas shortages or riots that we will have our military to help keep the peace. I think people don't understand how how quick we could have hundreds of people in the streets looting, raping, and taking advantage of helpless citizens.

The USA is like a tender box right now and it would not take much provocation for all hell to break loose. Hungry people will do what they have to do to feed their families.

I live on the Georgia coast and we had tropical winds a few weeks ago. The grocery stores were swamped with people buying supplies. I was ready and didn't need anything but the majority of citizens don't have enough food and water to last 3 days in an emergency.

A very large segment of society depends on our state and federal welfare systems for medial care, medicines, food and shelter and of course the monthly check. They are not and probably will not be able to stockpile supplies. Not all, but many of these people are not well educated. Who will feed and take care of them? They will be hungry and thirsty. I do hope our military will keep them from trying to take what I and other have stock piled for just such a situation.

I live in a family compound and we are well prepared to take care of our needs and defend ourselves. But many people are not ready and would be easy prey for looters and other criminals.

Nothing would surprise me at this time in our history. It is idiotic to believe we could not have martial law.

I want to add that we are having no gas shortages, food shortages or any other shortages here. I see help wanted signs on store windows. New home construction is still going on. My prayers are with those that are having problems at this time.

We must be vigilant and ready for what ever action may become necessary. Seems like a logical conclusion to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I read the original post on the other forum. It was full of religious references and the guy said he was shown a vision of these things.

However - I also saw an armed guard at a bank yesterday that has never had one before.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmlima

Correct. Its called "the narrow tunnel vision point of view", which in itself is the cause for irrational thinking and misunderstanding.

I see no troops marching down the street, no tanks, no hum-vees roaming about, no gathering of masses of people for concentration camps, no concentration camps anywhere....just people doing there everyday buisness as usual.

Wake up folks...your surroundings go byond that 4:3 or 16:9 screen and keyboard.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Truekn

Now that you mention it there are helicopters in my neighborhood all the time flying low and shining bright lights... This occasionally used to happen but once you mentioned it, I have noticed it! I live on the outskirts of Baltimore but NOT in the city.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

No I do not think "the people" need a military to order them around! Yes many if not most are sheep but the need for tanks on the streets, come on now! Yup things could get out of hand quickly however I will take my chances rather than "rely" on the US military (some of who I might add are the ones responsible for looting, killing innocent citizens, torture of prisoners, or raping)! Please do not think I am anti-military however the young men they are recruting now are (about 18 and they do not even have to pass thier test anymore or graduate high school and now they can even have a felony record!) These 18 year old mind-less-idiots with submachine guns are not who I want patroling my streets, thanks but I am going to have to pass on that!

Also I have to add that you really need to do some reading up on what really went down in hurricane katrina! Unless you always believe what the mm and the military tell you! I am not talking about conspiracy stories I am talking about murders and rapes and myham that just did not take place!

michellemalkin.com...

[edit on 10/3/2008 by kupoliveson]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Please not that Ramadan ends on Oct 7th, in the exerpt our OP put up (which is in another thread too) the entire report claimes (from one of the Canadian Free press') that it could be to co-incide with the end of Ramadan.
Also bear in mind that the web bots have predicted a difficulty and 'time of high emotion' for four days beginning oct 7th. Though, the 'high emotion' bit might relate to the end of ramadan parties that commence on this date.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

woot cant wait

grab what u need and get ready for it

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nobody has to believe this. I said people should be aware of this real or not. Martial Law is very real and could possibly happen. But because of the events that have taken place in the past couple of days I see it happening soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
OK I'm not saying one way or another about whether I believe martial law is even possible in the U.S. right now. I certainly am not sure it's imminent. The question I have is why? What would motivate those in power to attempt such a difficult undertaking?

The only real reason most governments have imposed martial law is in an attempt to retain power. The only time they do that is when they feel their grip on power is being threatened. Does anyone honestly believe that the power structure here is seriously in jeopardy?

Even if there was some kind of wholesale voter revolt (the "throw the bastards out of office" approach) it wouldn't make much difference. Voting out the republicans and replacing them with Democrats is just a name change on the office door - not any kind of significant change to the structure of the institutions themselves. Therefore the power brokers are still totally secure in their positions and have no real need for something as drastic as martial law.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by total_slacker]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think something is on the horizon with Martial Law. I live in the Chicago area and the other night (Wednesday) i woke around 215am to a sound I never heard before. A very high pitched whining sound woke me up. After a second I realized I was covering my ears but my head was still hurting. Whatever it was, flew out of the area only to come back a couple seconds later--same sounds, same head hurting result. Then it was gone. I know I heard it because my cat heard it and was troubled by it, but the sound seem like it didn't hurt his head. I think this was some sort of a test to see how many people heard it, and called in with complaints. This happened a few months ago but I evidently woke at the end of the noise and I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. But I know now I wasn't. Something is coming. I think this noise will be a tactic they use for crowd control because I wasn't able to form a thought through the duration of the noise. Say what ya want, make jokes, but I know it happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I think something is on the horizon with Martial Law. I live in the Chicago area and the other night (Wednesday) i woke around 215am to a sound I never heard before. A very high pitched whining sound woke me up. After a second I realized I was covering my ears but my head was still hurting. Whatever it was, flew out of the area only to come back a couple seconds later--same sounds, same head hurting result. Then it was gone. I know I heard it because my cat heard it and was troubled by it, but the sound seem like it didn't hurt his head. I think this was some sort of a test to see how many people heard it, and called in with complaints. This happened a few months ago but I evidently woke at the end of the noise and I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. But I know now I wasn't. Something is coming. I think this noise will be a tactic they use for crowd control because I wasn't able to form a thought through the duration of the noise. Say what ya want, make jokes, but I know it happened.

That's very interesting. Perhaps tie this in with a staged alien "show" on the 14th?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tenfly

when did this ringing sound occur? i live just to the north and i thing i may have experienced the same

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join