It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert: Imminent Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Before I get started I would like to say this, as I said before in another thread I did not post this thread to bring fear. I posted it because I thought it was important for people to read. Real or not people should know about this. Some person's life could be at risk. So why not give these people a heads up so they can get out of harms way. People need to be aware of things going on in the US. We are living in tough times and they are about to get tougher.

I came across a thread on another website about how martial law is right around the corner and could possibly happen this week or next week. This is from some guy named Hawk.

Hawk's Emergency Alert

THE WARNING

There is strong indication that a "BANK HOLIDAY" under a declaration of an economic emergency may be declared in the U.S. sometime within the next 2 weeks and possibly as early as Saturday 10/4/2008.

The information indicates that it may be announced to last a week or two and that all banks and financial institutions will close during that period. No access to your deposits will be possible, atms will not work, credit cards will not work, and brokerage accounts will not be accessible either.

This would be done under a state of martial law though troops may not appear on all streets immediately under the faint hope that the populace will simply accept these matters, but the banks and financial institutions will be heavily guarded whether overtly visible or not.

I would add more from that post but since that post was written in all caps, I have to lowercase everything. ATS does not allow threads written in caps. So because that takes time I'm not going to do anymore.

This guy Hawk posted this on Steve Quayle News Alerts. He is not claiming that it's 100% certain. Hawk's Alert on Steve Quayle News Alerts

I don't know if I should believe these people but I will be open minded about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Rep Brad Sherman that he was told in closed door meetings "some of us have been told that if we don't pass this bill there might even be martial law if the stock market drops a couple thousand points.."

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

do you have a link to that and when was he told about this?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't know if what I saw recently has any bearing on this.My wife and I happened by a local bank yesterday.There was an armed guard placed at the door.There had never been one on premises before.Maybe there is some truth to this.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

WOW, that's crazy...this is starting to get scary now. When is the house going to vote on the bill?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

It might just be. Helicopter activity is starting to increase. Who knows

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There were helicopters around a certain city in North Dakota all last night.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Truekn

do you know why there were helicopters there and what city are you talking about?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

I'm guessing either Grand Forks or Fargo. Probably Fargo because it's the state capitol. However, I could be wrong, just a guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
we are in the same spot as the Russians within a year of the collapse and seige of the last communist holdouts. Is there a federal reserve bank in ND? a mint or something?

[edit on 10/3/08 by stikkinikki]

[edit on 10/3/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There is always more helicopter activity at this time of year as it is harvest time for the illigal marijuana crops.This go's on all over the country
every year.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I never knew that. Do they search for these flowers at night?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I don't think there are any in North Dakota. Will other countries try to stop America from killing there citizens?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here is the video of Rep. Brad Sherman on martial law.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I guess I can say the city was Grand Forks. The chopper moved around a lot, it flew what sounded like less than 25yards away from me one time. It kept me up all night.

By the way is this really happening in Virginia or just BS?
www.youtube.com...

It was on youtube last night but he just uploaded it again today so they must have pulled it down.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I was actually waiting for someone to say something about helicopter activity. I live in Virginia Beach. It's a city with a high military presence as it is but for some reason today there was a constant amount of helicopter activity around the entire city. When I would expect to see one every couple hours or so I constantly saw at least three in the sky at any given time. I've never seen anything like it aside from air shows and the like. There was no air show today.

I'd also like to note that I've recently spotted helicopters with a plain black paint job. They have absolutely no identifying markings on them what-so-ever. I must admit however that the choppers I saw flying around today were your everyday large gray ones.

[edit]: LMAO Until this point I've always just read posts this is my first post. I saw my avatar and just about had to change my pants... I suppose I was feeling a bit goofy the day I set up my profile

[edit on 3-10-2008 by M0n0lyth]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by M0n0lyth

LOL I was suppose to go down to VA beach tomorrow. But now I'm not and it has nothing to do with helicopters. Where in VA beach are they?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Truekn

That might be real. Where in VA did that place? Why is nothing being reported about that. very weird.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hmm... wouldn't a Saturday be an odd day to make such a call? Not saying that they wouldn't , but you'd think it to be more of a Mon-Fri kinda call.

Please forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't shutting down credit/debit cards contribute to a crash? I don't know of too many people that solely use cash anymore. With that said, then no one can buy groceries, or anything. You know what kind of hit many business would take if no one was able to buy their products for a week or longer? Imagine all the perishable goods out there that go from production to consumption within a week or two?

Again, not saying that they wouldn't do such a thing, but sounds more likely that they'd just halt the movement or withdrawal of certain amounts of funds. I'm sure that the cash in ATMs are probably counted "as a loss" anyway, as it'd probably take time to get all the banks on the same page with the "holiday". I'll keep an ear out, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join