It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who won tonights debate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by clearlight808

I never said a certain network was giving her a "hands down" victory. I formed that opinion based on the fact that as I was flipping through the broadcast channels, I heard far more praise for Palin's performance than I did for Biden. They were all talking about her (except the KKNN, the Katie Couric News Network, which is to be expected). With one exception, all the networks I flipped through were surprisingly praising Palin!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Calm down liberals! She's not going to take away your right to kill your babies!

That is reprehensible. It's crap like that that really lowers the value of ATS. Shame on you.

and here I considered my views to be somewhat shallow and altruistic.....

........my goodness gracious I am so easily outdone.......

I cling to the idea of a better world where individual freedom is a given.

Give it to me BAYBEE!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Indignant? You accused liberals of killing babies. So, yes, shame on you, troll.

I have NEVER said anything that disgusting. Political baiting is against the T&C here and what you wrote is baiting pure and simple.

Palin stood there and winked and smiled her way through this debate repeating the same thing over and over again. There was nothing to what she said aside from the key talking points that she has zero knowledge or understanding of.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Have you seen the polls lately? No panic here!

lets discuss the polls in a couple of days when the new ones come out reflecting this debate...then we can discuss panic if you like.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Biden won on substance (even though there are questions about some of his statements)
reply to post by skeptic1

The problem was that the substance was dead wrong at least 6 times and arguably wrong several more times. Most notable was Biden said Barack didn't say he would sit down with the Iranian leader when clearly Barack had said he would.

What difference did it make that Biden was throwing out a lot of political "facts" when many of them were fabrications?

We clearly cannot trust Biden on the political details. He makes them up as he goes along!

Palin did very well in the truth department, however!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What in the HELL does abortion have to do with this debate? They did not even mention it. That is trolling and baiting and you bring nothing to this discussion.

If you are such a super republican, then riddle me this: If you are about government "getting out of the way" then why should they have the right to tell people what choice to make. That makes no sense.

That is like me saying that because republicans are pro war, therefore they are soldier killers.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here; bear with me. I predict that every viewer leaning away from the McCain ticket will have found Palin's performance to be hollow and sentimental rather than substantial. Those leaning toward the McCain ticket will have found her speech to be precisely as they expected it to be (satisfactory), if not exceeding their hopes. Parties from each side of this aisle will find the opposing side's opinion absolutely absurd.

Nothing new here, folks. Praise be the two-party system.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dude I don't know where you are getting your numbers but every major network has Biden waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy ahead of caribou barbie!

She didn't blow it but that is NOT victory!

I am just dissappointed it wasn't funny!

I loved when she said that other nations don't care as much about the environment as the US and they need to follow our example!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

My bad. I think most of it comes from the fact that many expected her to fail miserably but her last few days of cramming seem to have paid off a bit.

Although I still say she didn't really answer most of the questions directly.

As far as all this abortion stuff goes, I feel it should be 18 years retroactive, but THATS another thread. Lets talk about this debate, as I'm listening to the pundits as i write....

[edit on 2-10-2008 by clearlight808]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't think they did much talking about themselves or what they would do. It was all "Obama this" and "McCain that". All butter and no biscuit.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I loved when she said that other nations don't care as much about the environment as the US and they need to follow our example!!!

so you don't agree that china is more polluted than the U.S.?
or that Mexico spews out more toxic gasses then the U.S.?

I don't understand where you stand on this or how you justify your statement.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
I'm going to go out on a limb here; bear with me. I predict that every viewer leaning away from the McCain ticket will have found Palin's performance to be hollow and sentimental rather than substantial. Those leaning toward the McCain ticket will have found her speech to be precisely as they expected it to be (satisfactory), if not exceeding their hopes. Parties from each side of this aisle will find the opposing side's opinion absolutely absurd.

Nothing new here, folks. Praise be the two-party system.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think a lot of people tend to go with a "just like me" candidate. Bill Maher is always joking how people here hate to vote for someone who's obviously smarter than they are......just a thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Dang I totally missed the memo saying we were suppose to choose our president based on his/her vice. Like charity missions to Africa and fund raising are so damn important.

She has no substance and keeps repeating the same thing? Sounds like someone else I know, that actually IS running for President, and all he can say is "Change!"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I don't understand why you find it funny what she said about other nations needing to care MORE for the environment and should follow the USA's example. China builds more coal plants EVERY week. The 3rd world, most of Asia, and a lot of European countries don't have nearly the amount of regulation that the UNITED STATES chooses to impose upon itself when it comes to the environment.

Absolutely! They SHOULD follow the US's example. I think Palin gave FAR too much credit to "man" as being a major cause of Global Warming. I think she probably said that because that would be the politically correct thing to do...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Biden 12%--Palin 86%
Undecided statistically 0%
She kicked Biden's butt.
And no, we don't vote for VP. We vote for the ticket. I want to know that she can step in and carry on if something happens to McCain (and statistically, there is an excellent chance he won't finish his first term).

I think she can do it. I think we may be looking at the Nation's 1st woman president.
Sorry Hillary

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dude I don't know where you are getting your numbers but every major network has Biden waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy ahead of caribou barbie!

Caribou Barbie????????

Like her or not, she is the governor of a state in this country, and she is the vice presidential candidate of one of the two parties that are actually allowed to participate in the "democratic" process.

Let me guess... You didn't see anything wrong with that guy yelling at Hilary Clinton to iron his shirt, did you?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Biden 12%--Palin 86%
Undecided statistically 0%
She kicked Biden's butt.
And no, we don't vote for VP. We vote for the ticket. I want to know that she can step in and carry on if something happens to McCain (and statistically, there is an excellent chance he won't finish his first term).

I think she can do it. I think we may be looking at the Nation's 1st woman president.
Sorry Hillary

Can you source those numbers? I haven't seen anything even CLOSE to that scenario. Last I saw on hardball was:
Biden 46
Palin 31
Tie 33

not that polls are accurate but your numbers seem skewed even if it was on Fox "news"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I agree with most of what you said, but I think it would be more akin to a 55-gallon drum of whoopass.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

so you don't agree that china is more polluted than the U.S.?
or that Mexico spews out more toxic gasses then the U.S.?

I don't understand where you stand on this or how you justify your statement.

If that is your picture I will agree to whatever you say and will support you in any endeavor!

But more than likely you are a 300 lb truck driver so in that case I will say the following:

no single country comes close to the 2.8 billion tons of CO 2 produced annually by the US power sector

...not even close China will surpass us but for now we are the dirtiest of all and the largest consumers of fossil fuels by far! Now cmon let's talk irony caribou barbie preaching to the world when we won't even agree to the kyoto protocols!!! Never mind the facts... she's purty! But like I said if that avatar is your picture I will agree with whatever you say!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join