It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who won tonights debate?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to note that I don't see sexism as being an issue Gov. Palin is concerned with as it obviously has been with some posters on here. In that regards, unless someone points out otherwise, she DOES succeed. Get over it already. She is in a game that is a male oriented game, and for obvious reasons.. and the fact that she seems fine with that should make it a non issue for the rest of you

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

You HELPED.. was it demanded to help and where else was your focus? anything as demanding as helping to run a country on top of helping with 15 children? I was the main caregiver for about 10 hours a day to 14 two year olds and still, it does not come close to comparing to being a mother of 2 elementary aged sons 24/7.

Yes. I helped.

Demanded? I said I helped

My focus outside of that was being a rebel to society.

I'm not trying to debate your level of dedication and care, nor my own with my upbringing.

As for the qualities in a VP or Presidential candidate. I want them to be a super hero!. Able to handle the World, resilient like no other! Why not? Seriously? We have 300+ million people, we should be voting on a super person. Someone who can handle an abnormally high amount of highly stressful things.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I fully 100% encourage natural breast milk from the mother, and strongly oppose baby formula...

You'd better, what with all the melamine tainted baby milk imported from China!!
Sheeesh! These guys will go to any extent for a few dollars more, what?

Heck, I'm sure that Palin's feeding her babe with baby formula from a milk bottle by her maid, because as Governor she has little or no time. As VP she'll positively have none!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

that's provided the boundaries are set. i mean, there are some forms of boxing that are not allowed. so if it was determined that the other side wasn't going to follow decorum, it would result in a street fight, no holds barred.

could end up something like this

[edit on 5-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good Grief , folks.

Let's get Back On Topic please.

Who won tonights debate?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This was the my first thread and i wasn't expecting it to get so heated, nut it IS politics so.......

We should keep it kinda related to the debate if we could.....

[edit on 5-10-2008 by clearlight808]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird

Who won tonights debate?

Bided won. Because he's a man

Muahahah.

Seriously though, I think it's an insult to intelligence to think Palin won, but that's just my opinion.

On a personal note it really really bothered me when she chose to ignore a question and then stated 'she wasn't going to answer the moderators question'. Rubbed me the wrong way. As did the winks...

I felt her Achilles Heel was not answering questions

Aside from all that, even if I had closed my eyes, I wouldn't have liked what I was hearing. I could pick many many things in this regard. For one, I don't trust any leader who doesn't believe in equality for all its citizens i.e gay rights. Et Cetra.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join