It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who won tonights debate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think Palin did fairly well although she declined to "actually" answer around half of the questions.

Biden did pretty good as well.

The moderator didn't seem all that biased as was predicted.

What do you all think?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by clearlight808]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Palin did better in my opinion. And she seemed more genuine. Biden seemed like your typical politician.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Like I already said on another thread.
Who gives a damn!
We're the ones who keep losing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Palin done opened up a can of whoopass and administered said contents.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Did you see that condescending look that Biden gave Palin at the end when he said he was happy to meet her too.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Palin stuck to her script, and that's all that kept her out of trouble. No real hard questions.

I don't think neither of them won though, it's apples and oranges.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Did you see Sarah doing her own thing and steering the talk to suit her?
She didnt answer anything she was asked.
She took it to another level

Another DICK CHENEY.

Oh, and she wants ,more power?????

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Palin did "well" cuz she didn't answer any questions and just changed the topic with her retarded slogans. Palin - "I believe the slogan is Drill Baby Drill." She sounded great but SHE DIDN'T ANSWER A DAMN QUESTION EXCEPT A LITTLE ON TAXES. All I heard from her is that "we are the mavericks" and that is IT. She never talked about the what and why, she just stuck out the 90 minutes with upbeat pep talk about why McCain is a maverick. Yeah Biden sounded boring but at least he talked about the issues and what him and Obaba would do about it. People are saying "Palin one cuz Biden was boring." Well okay then, lets hire a dim witted untrained governor from the state I live in because she was more fun to listen to and ignore the guy who at least talked about our country's issues. I live in Alaska and she won governor because she lied about what she would do. BAH!

pardon my flaming lol and I don't support the Obiden party but I would choose Biden between the two because he has more experience

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Like I already said on another thread.
Who gives a damn!
We're the ones who keep losing.

Thats kinda where I am . I hold views from both sides but am pretty left."

"Palin done opened up a can of whoopass and administered said contents."

I hope you

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If this were a pageant, Palin won hands down.

If this were a Vice Presidential Debate, Biden stood alone.

Why should she have to answer any questions? This was a mockery of democracy.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
Palin done opened up a can of whoopass and administered said contents.

I hope thats a joke. There was no real "whoopass",as you state, to be had.

She'd generally reply quick and then say whatever she felt she was good at.

Biden's supposedly crooked too but.......

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My mind is made up - I am voting for Obama but just to add my 2 cents.

I watched this debate only for the possibility of a train wreck. Palin has given two interviews and managed to make a major jackass out of herself. Biden also has a great history of foot in mouth disease.

So long as Palin stayed with her talking points - she was acceptable. But good heck who wants just acceptable? I mean, how frightening is that when her own party people are crossing themselves and saying praise jeebus she didn't muck it up too much.

Biden performed exactly as a veteran politician should - so he gets no bonus points from me either. ( I still think Bill Richardson would have been a better choice)

B.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I watched this debate only for the possibility of a train wreck. Palin has given two interviews and managed to make a major jackass out of herself. Biden also has a great history of foot in mouth disease.

Biden performed exactly as a veteran politician should - so he gets no bonus points from me either. ( I still think Bill Richardson would have been a better choice)

B.

For what its worth I hear she makes the best snickerdoodles in all of Wasila.

But seriously for a "small town" politician she exploited her downhome charm as best she could.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Biden won on substance (even though there are questions about some of his statements).

Palin won on style.

It'll be up to the voters to decide which is more important.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Have you seen the polls lately? No panic here!

If based on "she didn't mess up" gives her the win then we are in big trouble. She has ZERO substance. The same key words over and over. She was also tremendously condescending and didn't answer any of the questions.

BOO

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Sarah Palin won. Hands down. Even the MAINSTREAM news media were praising her immediately afterwards. Those of you saying she was following a script, well, DUH! As if Joe Biden wasn't? Is SHE not allowed to prepare for a debate like everyone else does?

I find her far more personable and genuine than ANY contemporary (and alive) politician. I think only Ronald Reagan was better able to connect with the average citizen. I also find it VERY funny the liberal knee-jerk panic attacks on her! Calm down liberals! She's not going to take away your right to kill your babies!

I'm watching all the after show commentary as i write and I hear very little about any "hands down" victory by Palin.
And thats from the mainstream (ie: left wing extremist conspiracy (jk!)) media.

Which channel had her winning such a decisive victory?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by clearlight808]

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Calm down liberals! She's not going to take away your right to kill your babies!

That is reprehensible. It's crap like that that really lowers the value of ATS. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What a LAME fricked up way to mess up my personal goal of watching EVERY SINGLE EPISODE..................of ~SURVIVOR~

sheesh mess up MY schedule will ya...hit me where it HURTS!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join