It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep Brad Sherman threatened with Martial Law (not Congress type)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
From C-Span earlier today www.c-spanarchives.org...

Brad Sherman says:

"We were told in private conversations . . . . (then mentions the stock market falling) & then:

"and some of us have been told that if we don't pass this bill there might even be martial law if the stock market drops a couple thousand points.."

He was saying that Paulson is pulling the strings. That this is all about paying foreign investors who are demanding money. Mostly Saudi and China. He said this is bill is a hostage situation. He said the President was asking for this bill to be pass UNDER DURESS. He said Paulson wants the money NOW even though he is leaving office in Jan. AND, WHY would he want that? Cause he intends to use it to pay off foreign investors.

He used strong language.

Hostage
Duress
Panic
Martial Law

he was NOT referring to House martial law this time.
He was referring to the threat of OUR martial law.
He was very very clear.
He was sending a message to the American people.
WE ARE IN TROUBLE HERE

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Is there a specific link on the page the posted link opens (C-span video library) that contains the statements ? I didn't see anything initially.

link   
Just as many of us suspect!

Thank you for this thread.

I can see it all happening very soon indeed.

link   
[edit on 2-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

I had to use Internet Explorer to view it, Firefox wouldn't connect, then again, the debate were on too, so it may have been server overload.

Try this link in IE

CSPAN

[edit on 10/2/08 by redhatty]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Just watched it. A few points to sanity check -

1. His statements about what some were told are in reference to the impending vote last monday.

2. His comment on martial law and thousands of point drops were not made to imply those were forseeable realities, but to emphasize how the administration was using "scare tactics" (his own characterization) to push the bill through.

Not that this shouldn't be on the radar, but let's be clear that it wasn't a message to anybody that those things could happen, it was an account of how the administration was blowing things out of proportion to scare reps into voting for the bill. That's something we alll know the admin. is VERY good at.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
1) Here's a "cspanvideolink" copied from a similar thread on the latoc board

www.c-spanarchives.org...

2) this"martial law" reference was in reference to the first house voteof the bail out bill bill failed it didn't happen. Taken in context, the comment was used to add a sense of urgency to the first bill.odon'tgoloadingmagazinesyet. Vote extortion? possibly; outright fabrication also a possibility...so don't go loading magazines yet...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Folks,

If you haven't read this thread I would highly recommend it. The analysis of the bailout conspiracy goes right along with these warnings with the same players....

Ummmm.........

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Setting aside the fact he's a democrat speaking in counter to the party - he's completely right.

Let's add main stream media complicity to the list of issues to be raised. What has the main stream media told us about this bill in it's most recent incarnation?

Executive pay limits were added...

Oversight of the fund controller has been added...

Tax payers may and probably will profit eventually.

All lies and all completely false. As the congressman has pointed out, the pay limits, oversight and so on are all paper tigers and completely fail to address the issues most concerning to the public.

We need to continue to oppose this bill and any other bills which fail to really address these issues. Alternative plans are out there, any of which make the current plan look like a joke.

I say we put the media and the congress on the fire, I invite everyone to post these very issues on any comments section, discussion board, letters to the editor, congress and senate offices, etc on as many media sites as possible. I'll be spending the next few hours doing so, please help me - if we don't stand firm we are going to regret it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
OK Im a lurker but I had to chime in on this one

This is so bad.. our for fathers warned of of this crap.. we didn't listen.. this bill is so messed up.. this is like a shell game, the dealer always wins. the player always looses.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There's a few good guys out there and this guy is one of them. We need candidates 100% aquainted with the documents that started this great nation and example of democratic government. I have never voted GOP but I respect the hell out of people like Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan and a few other clear thinkers on that side of the aisle. Just like the GOP there is only a few on the Democrat side of things like Jim Webb and Dennis Kucinich and this guy plus a few more.
I am going to hound my elected officials from now on. Politely but persistant.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Sherman makes it very clear what's going on, and I wish our mainstream media would be getting information like this...the truth...out to the public.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If anyone is having trouble with the CSPAN site, Sherman's speech has been mirrored on Youtube:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Thank you, I was just about to add that

This was today folks! Yes, he was saying that people were told that if this bill didn't pass on Monday there would be Martial Law in America.

It hasn't happened YET, but at least we have ONE MAN telling us what they have planned.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Rep Kaptur says there are domestic enemies within Congress
www.youtube.com...

Stop making excuses for the white house and congress. We're at war. This isn't a war of guns and bombs. It's a war of veiled threats. Paulson, Bernanke, and Bush are guilty of economic terrorism, where they threaten the markets will fall, unemployment will rise, and we'll enter recession if we don't do what they tell us. That's the very definition of terrorism as defined by the patriot act. By their own laws, they should be put in gitmo indefinitely, but they aren't because the people who are suppose to enforce the law aren't afraid of the people. They're more afraid of foreign bankers who didn't get their money from toxic mortgages.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't get how calm he is asserting this!

Why isn't he pounding his shoe on the podium or something??? Where's the spittle??? The outrage???

I WANT TO SEE VEINS POPPING OUT OF HIS FOREHEAD!!!

It sounds like he's droning on about some boring political subject no one gives a rat's ass about.

:shk:

If what he says is true, he's just as bad as the rest of them, imo.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the OP is correct I was listening to a congresseman explain the provisions in the bill and he said he wanted no money to go to non FDICbanks because those were the Saudi and Chinses ones

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
the OP is correct I was listening to a congresseman explain the provisions in the bill and he said he wanted no money to go to non FDICbanks because those were the Saudi and Chinses ones

The chinese and Saudi's have every right to demand money for the FRAUD that was created by heavy pressure from lobbyists and some part of congress on investment banks to make SH*^ loans! notice the media (establishment/wallstreet party) mouth pieces don't mention the FRAUD aspect which is HUGE. The ratings agency's were in on this and they new it's wasn't AAA rated security's they were selling abroad. Only problem is wall street should have picked up the tab.

you are exactly right labeling Paulson, Bush, and Bernanke as being in collusion threatening congress with economic terrorism (i.e scare tactics) to persuade congress to vote for this , because if congress didn't pay our forgeign creditors w/ tax payer money(who would cease to lend us money if we didn't pay them back) then wall street would have. (wall street should have been sued by these banks) .

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

The Saudis along with the Bush administration orchestrated this outcome ,it is a mess they made to make this grab
The Chinese too but I think it has a different, trail of association with them, maybe not

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Please, people, this is too great a threat to make the mistake of indulging in partisanship. Bush is one man, and does not have enough power or money to do this himself. Neither does Paulson or Bernanke or any other one player. There are bad guys in both parties, and around the world, working against us in a coordinated effort. There are also good guys in both parties, ready and willing to fight this battle for us. Don't give anyone too much credit just because they have a D or R next to their name. Likewise, please don't give anyone too little credit for the same reason. Saving our nation will take a true bipartisan effort. And it is incumbent upon those of us who know to be the change and lead by example.

This is a good start and I appreciate it. Please keep posting these messages, letting us know who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. We need to know who to support and who to beware. Perhaps keep a running list for easy access. As the Bible says, those who have eyes to see and ears to listen will understand.

And for those who have not yet done so, start stashing cash and stocking food and medicines.

Vaya con Dios.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join