It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best software for analyzing photographs is….?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've noticed that Digital Photo Professional sometimes can tell more about the basic info of a photo than others. It's a native Canon program, only requires that you have a canon camera serial number to download.
It's quite a nice program in general too...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Actually law inforcement has a program that can undo basic filter editings to a photo. Fx. a spiral twist or something similar. It was used to catch a guy that was stupid enough to show himself in a video or photo that was tied to a serious offense. They undid his filters and came out with a "normal" photo of him.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
reply to post by Freezer

Actually law inforcement has a program that can undo basic filter editings to a photo. Fx. a spiral twist or something similar. It was used to catch a guy that was stupid enough to show himself in a video or photo that was tied to a serious offense. They undid his filters and came out with a "normal" photo of him.

Only if the alteration was done to a digital image with digital filtering. Airbrushing on negatives is unrepairable I'm afraid.

I think their secret software was probably PS with an expert in the house
All they did was determine the center and direction of rotation and reverse it. Finding that center was probably quite tedious.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Gimp is a great idea
I'd forgotten about it. I took a look and it has come quite far.

Also Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw are far cheaper and decent substitutes. I started out on Corel Draw and it is very capable, not to mention you get a good imitation of Illustrator and In Design. Look for the Corel site.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What is the best software for analyzing a photo?
ALWAYS the same answers Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop,Adobe Photshop, NO! NO! NO!

IT IS COREL PAINTSHOP PRO and has ALWAYS been.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join