It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help Identify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I work at a military surplus store within the Unitied States. On Occasion I stumble across some pretty interesting stuff throughout the 6+ floor warehouse. Today I came across this little guy. It folds nicely into it's little belt clip case. On the case reads "Cage Pointer", which yields nothing in google searches.

Can anybody guess what this piece is for, I'm guessing somewhere along the lines as some sort of ww1, heavy weapon brace of some sort. At first I figured it for some sort of camera tripod clip, But In the end I figure it something weapon related

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
seems two bits are broken off.

the only possibility I am thinking about at the moment is something to attach a radio at a backpack?

nice mystery object indeed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure what that is specifically, but I would guess you are right on the money. WW1 era brace for a fully automatic rifle.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I dunno about any broken bits, It folds quite nicely into its little case.

I'm starting to suspect maybe Swiss or French origins. I keep looking at the case and It doesn't seem entirely of American design.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The first looks like a sheath for a knife the next 3 images look like a support for an ammo box for a 30 cal or something higher

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I agree with Kriskaos and, I've seen this type of support bracket before on turret mounted MGs.

It is part of an ammunition support bracket which in turn, is attached to the MG gun mount. Sorry my friend, but it is nothing too spectacular.

As to your first item well, good question, well presented. I don't have a Scooby............................

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
From the pic it looks like a broken 249 linked ammo box cradle. The pouch looks more like WWII to me. Almost like a fuse pouch. Dunno

top topics

join