It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Debt Passes $10 Trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

National Debt Passes $10 Trillion

thinkprogress.org

The Swamp reports today that “on the last day of September, the national debt hit $10 trillion plus,” as the “gross national debt as a percentage of the gross domestic product has, under the Bush Administration, hit a 50-year high. The debt grew the fastest under supply-siders Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say anymore...

And here these criminals in the senate want to increase it by another trillion to bail out the criminals on wall street.

Your kids and grandkids may as well have a "property of big brother and the mega corps" tatoo branded on them when they're born into this endless debt-slavery abyss...

The debt was $5.7 trillion when Bush took office; the bailout legislation passed by the Senate last night would raise the debt ceiling further to $11.315 trillion.

thinkprogress.org

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yep...exactly. I mean how many Democrats voted for that bailout package? Quite a few. Wow. Crooks on both sides.

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I don't even know what to say anymore...

And here these criminals in the senate want to increase it by another trillion to bail out the criminals on wall street.

Your kids and grandkids may as well have a "property of big brother and the mega corps" tatoo branded on them when they're born into this endless debt-slavery abyss...

The debt was $5.7 trillion when Bush took office; the bailout legislation passed by the Senate last night would raise the debt ceiling further to $11.315 trillion.

thinkprogress.org

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Dude, nice find, but we hit $10 Trillion a long time ago. The figure would probably bring most American to their knees, weeping and tearing at their clothes, if it was ever officially publicised. Purely using common sense it's easy to see that we started the fiscal year at $9.01 Trillion... how many hundreds upon hundreds of billions of dollars have we seen pumped into the market by the fed, used to bailout the F.M.s, and the auction "loans" that we all know will never be paid back? Hell, just considering the FMs, we added $5 Trillion in debt right there by absorbing them.

The scary thing is the feds have kept the debt clock so artificially low that we have no clue as to where it really stands right now. However, we can take a hint at where it is based on how non-challant our government has become when dealing with throwing around hundreds of billions of dollars lately. That fact leads me to believe that they're thinking the water is already so deep that a few more buckets poured in won't really make that big of a difference in the long run.

I've started telling my little boy & little girl "Please forgive us all. I'm truly sorry." every night after we say their prayers with them and before I tell them I love them and tuck them into bed every night. They're only 2 1/2 and 10 months old respectively, so they're still full of dreams and carefree and have no idea what I'm appologizing for. My personal prayer is that they won't grow up disillusioned and hate the world for pissing all over the financial future so many of us parents believed we were busting our asses to build for them. Breaks my damn heart and that's the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Excellent points. My 14 year old daughter is so disgusted by it all that she signed up for a youth in government program to learn about what is going on, how the branches are operating and perhaps get involved to try and change it down the road. You know when kids have a "WTF is wrong with this" awareness, to say we have a serious problem is the understatement of the century. I am completely exhausted with these peoples endless gluttony and recklessness...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The 11 trillion is on only one set of books. There are 2 others books, one with 60 trillion (Medicade, SS, other entilements) and another over 100 trillion (not sure if the is Black Ops suff there)

Glenn Beck had a former US comptroller on (David "something") explaining it.
Either way the whole mess is coming down and hopefully sooner rather than later something totally different will arise from the ashes.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think we have been over 10 trillion for a while now. The 10 trillion isnt even the big problem either. Its the 53 trillion in obligations we need to worry about. You know the social security and medicaid funds that have been bankrupted? I did the math and I owe the government debt a total of $450,000. This means that if I am an average joe with an income of $50,000 a year I would have to work 9 years of my adult like FOR FREE to pay off this debt. Now add in my wife and 3 children and all of a sudden I have to work 40 YEARS OF MY LIFE FOR FREE TO PAY FOR MY WIFE AND 3 CHILDREN!!!! People working for free = slavery there is no ifs ands or buts about it. When people say we are slaves this is what they mean and by gum it is the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

The craziest thing about it is the masses have been conditioned that this is not only acceptable, but NORMAL. Most people really don't sit back and THINK about this! We are being turned into eternal debt-slaves by these Elitists, and with these sickening policies, now generations to come are going to be in a MUCH worse state than we are! This has GOT to be stopped.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by mybigunit

The craziest thing about it is the masses have been conditioned that this is not only acceptable, but NORMAL. Most people really don't sit back and THINK about this! We are being turned into eternal debt-slaves by these Elitists, and with these sickening policies, now generations to come are going to be in a MUCH worse state than we are! This has GOT to be stopped.

Not only its NORMAL but its the PATRIOTIC thing to do!!!!! This is wrong to no avail. I can tell you now I have not received $450k in government benefits. In fact the contrary they have been in my way!!!

sty

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The real figure of US debdt seem to be around 30 000 000 000 000 $ . however, this is not surprising: what is thruly surprising is .. where did the money come from? How does it come that the Americans, Europeans etc - all the nations are in debdt at the same time. Debdt towards who? As I understand , money should be a symbol of an existing value. I guess that the World should re-define the notion of Money, we cannot allow the medieval banking cartel to use the same old trick to make the poor being the slaves of the elites: creating money from nothing, while the average person will work for it...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by sty]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, looks like our (or should I say the ELITE'S) criminal representatives just added another Trillion to WHATEVER figure it might actually be today. Maybe we should all just put on shackles and tie a big lead ball to our legs, and our kids now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One thing that gets me, is I didn't seem to hear so many people screaming about spending billions in Iraq. Now, suddenly, we're all doomed by spending about the same amount as we did for the war. And we weren't doomed before?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

LOL, I suggest you do a search on my posts. I can't even count how many threads I have started up with each RE-ISSUENCE of tax-payer dollars these greed-mongers have granted that I have been screaming at the top of my lungs. They are perpetually saddling this struggling nation FROM EVERY ANGLE, over and over again with additive debt. But this DOMESTIC FRAUD, WELFARE FOR THE RICH program is the final slap in the face.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The only way that I can see our kids getting out of this mess is to blow off the debt. The only way to do that, is to form a new country or countries. This might end up being the beginning of the end of the United States of America and the beginning of the Separate States of America. Greed will be the death of us all.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Vermont is already attempting secession. I would encourage other states to do the same. Since our reps only represent the billionaire elitists and central bankers, let them form their own country, and they can all happily tax one another indefinitely to carry on their agendas....

Oh wait, they need people to slave, bleed and die for those agendas. Never mind.

SR

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Seriously my America ATS brothers and sisters what are you guys gonna do.

Infact what do we all do around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we just admit that money is an infinite scam or do we just pass this debt onto our great grandchildren i mean how the hell are you guys gonna pull this one of of the bag!!!!!!!!!!! Even with China and Saudi Arabia buying into USA debt it's going to take decades to get rid of this.

I mean honestly the NAU looks like your guys and gals only choice for the future at the moment.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

You need to start accepting you live in socalism every where. You have no voice, what so ever, and the king makers, know all, lol.

American people are just asleep, so what can they do, this is not the nation that 100 years ago, won two world wars, it is mostly a country of empty people. What can people do, when they are empty and have nothing to stand for any more, they just accept.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The seccession idea is being buffetted against as we speak. Please don't think that California's sudden request for a $7 Bil "loan" from the fed is a coincidence. This will become a nationwide epidemic as each and every state becomes diretly indebted to the Federal Reserve as an insurance policy against dissention and sedition. When the "loan" is handed over to California, they will use the state itself as collateral for the "loan." In reality, they will have just sold the state to the Fed for $7 Bil... other states will quickly follow and before this is all said and done, all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, and possibly others will be owned outright by the Federal Reserve and will be under the control of the US Treasury Dept secretary.

I'm not so sure they're not trying to finagle Iraq into the same deal with these current threats back & forth between us and the Iraqi government.

SR

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's exacatly the thing i worry about my friend every country in the world has this debt that's published but as has come true with every countries successive government there's always a debt that's been off the books!!!!!!!

I mean if this amount of trillions is the figure on the published books i wonder worldwide what the REAL figure when the figures borrowed off the books are counted!! As i'm sure there are plenty of countries with huge figures on and off the books!!!!

It seems the NWO theorists have slightly been right all a long!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join