It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ephesians 5:11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.ephesians5-11.org...

Anyone seen this website? It is connected to Ex-Masons for Jesus, and is basically an anti-Freemasonry website written from the perspective of ultra-fundamentalist Christians (Duane Washum and Larry Kunk) with the intention of leading Masons away from the Lodge and into the "Body of Christ".

Mind you, their definition of the "Body of Christ" is quite limited, and means the Protestant church denominations approved by Duane and Larry. Catholics are apparently excluded from Christ's salvation en masse.

The website draws upon many sources, some of which include the Grand Lodge Monitors of various American States and, of course, the usual Mackey and Pike quotes are employed - to basically conclude that Freemasonry is an heretical religion which surreptiously directs its members to worship demons and spirits of evil.

The forum (www.ephesians5-11.org...) is quite a hotbed of argument about Freemasonry and it's various evils. It claims to welcome Masons for discussion, however the discussions are HIGHLY moderated, and Masons who attempt to contribute to the board often find themselves frustrated by the (in my opinion) extremely hostile administration.

The Taxil hoax is referred to as being unproveable beyond a doubt (leaving the option open that everything Leo said originally about Palladium Freemasonry might have been true). Interestingly enough, though, Leo's defamatory remarks are not drawn upon as evidence of Freemasonry's hereticism.

Anyway, just thought you guys might find it interesting.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
These folks are the ones who go through life with blinders on and a bible in front of their face. They lack the brain power to determine for them selves what life is all about. It's a shame that they don't understand what they are teaching. They must have got their masonic info from the same place some of these brain children here at ATS got theirs from.

On a side note, I was sorry to hear about your decision to leave the lodge, but I respect your decision. Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks man. Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that it had to happen, but doesn't preclude me from maintaining my friendships with the guys.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
www.ephesians5-11.org...

On behalf of all evangelical Christians and Christian freemasons, I apologize for this site. It is a perfect example of willful ignorance.

I tried posting on there some time ago with the quotes of Christian masons who wrote books that completely disagreed with all of the out of context Pike/Mackey quotes they use, and, surprise, all of my posts got "moderated."

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So.. are they acually presenting any new material? or just rehashing the same tired old arguments on a site that they control and cant be contradicted on?

And they try to say masons are the masters of disinformation?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, their main argument remains that Freemasonry is a heretical religion that teaches salvation via works (the old dead horse about the lambskin apron).

Apart from that, they argue that, because Freemasonry accepts men from all religions, then the "Masonic God" (GAOTU) is basically some kind of demonic amalgam.

Their tone has become even more snide, patronising, and hostile towards Masons, despite the messages of "welcome" on the front page, and despite their constant protestations that they are enacting the work of Christ.

Not a happy place.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh, and to answer your question, no. There is no new material. If anything, they draw from 100-plus year old writings from Pike and Mackey, as well as excerpts from Grand Lodge Monitors from the 70's and so on.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Well, their main argument remains that Freemasonry is a heretical religion that teaches salvation via works (the old dead horse about the lambskin apron).

And thats what really blows my mind, ok.. there is no salvation through good works... we get that, but does that mean we should do nothing?

And does not the book say "Not by your works alone"? sure you need more then just doing good things, but doing those good things will make you a better person, which will cause you to do more good things, which will again make you a better person... and isnt that a viscious cycle.

new topics

top topics

join