It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Senators response to my Email on Bailout. PLEASE READ!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Here's how my Senator responded.

Thank you for your opinions PC:

I usually don't respond to pipsqueak nobodies like you, but I need a laugh. What gives you the right to question me. I fart in your general direction. And about yo mama.

Did you realize she's so ugly... she went to take a bath and the water jumped out of the tub. She's so fat... she jumped up in the air and got stuck. Yo mama, yo mama, yo mama.
As far as your opinions are concerned you can kiss my arse. I wish I had two so you could kiss them both.

Anyhow dear the reader, the abuse continued for about twenty more pages plus thinly veiled threats.

He spoke disrespectfully about the ATS site and the many people who post here.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The sad thing is that it is no longer 700 billion but that it has been Upgraded to 850. They were just holding out for more money.

www.swamppolitics.com...

Arrows? Really?

For shame!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This came from Sherrod Brown, one of the Senators from Ohio. Voinovich didn't bother to answer the email at all. I am sure this is a standard email he sent to all who wrote to him, but he voted for the bill anyway. I will vote for anyone but these 2 next time around. I think if they have long term political aspirations they have made a serious mistake in voting this way.

Dear (Deleted)

Thank you for expressing your concerns with the problems in the financial sector and how we address them.

A lot of Ohioans, including me, are angry at the thought of bailing out people who made a lot of money making bad business decisions that created problems in neighborhoods across Ohio. I agree that we need to avoid rewarding excessive risk taking. These institutions made unwise decisions, and taxpayers should not be expected to simply cover their losses.

On September 20th, Treasury Secretary Paulson sent a proposal to Congress that would have given him almost unfettered authority to spend $700 billion purchasing troubled assets from financial institutions. A few days later, my colleagues on the Banking Committee and I held a hearing at which Secretary Paulson, Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke, and others testified.

They made a strong case for the need to act quickly to prevent further damage to our economy. The turmoil in the credit markets has the potential to do great damage to a lot of innocent bystanders. I am afraid that if we do not act, the economic instability could affect thousands of American jobs and the savings of countless middle class families.

But Secretary Paulson’s proposal was not the right answer. No Secretary should be given a $700 billion blank check. Taxpayers must be given an opportunity to recover their money, and assurances their tax dollars will not fund lavish pay and golden parachutes. We need strong rules to guard against abuse and we need ensure that Ohio is helped and not just Wall Street. The legislation adopted by the Senate, with my support, makes each of these changes.

This was a difficult vote. But Ohio has already lost 200,000 manufacturing jobs over the past seven years as our unemployment rate has spiked. Retirement and college savings accounts have shriveled. Credit is becoming more expensive for small businesses. We cannot gamble on even greater economic dislocation.

This week’s vote was not the end of our work on this issue. In the months ahead we need to enact tough rules to govern our financial markets to ensure we never find ourselves in this situation again.
Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I just got a second reply from another senator I wrote. Here it is.
Dear Ms. Dw**r:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the proposal to stabilize the economy and our financial infrastructure. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

On Wednesday, October 1, the Senate passed H.R. 1424, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, a bill that will stabilize our credit markets, protect retirement and pension savings, modify troubled loans and protect taxpayers from paying for Wall Street's mistakes. After careful consideration, I decided to vote for this legislation.

This is a time of great economic uncertainty in our Nation's history. For many families in Pennsylvania and throughout the country, the recession has been part of their lives for many months now. Just this week we learned that the unemployment rate in Pennsylvania went from 5.4% to 5.8% in the month of August and for some parts of the state it went up far more than half a percentage point. We also learned that in the month of August the foreclosure rate in Pennsylvania went up by more than 60% from the previous year. The job loss and foreclosure rates are indicators of the economic trauma that many families have felt in Pennsylvania and across America.

Like you, I am not happy with the current crisis, and I'm angry about the climate of deregulation and deference to Wall Street over the last eight years that got us into this mess. However, failing to act will not simply punish those who brought us to this situation; it will punish everyone.

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (EESA) provides up to $700 billion to the Secretary of the Treasury to buy mortgages and other assets that are clogging the balance sheets of financial institutions and making it difficult for working families, small businesses and other companies to access credit. After purchasing these assets, the Department of Treasury will hold them until markets for them recover. Treasury would then plan to sell these assets for a profit, recouping most or all of the $700 billion for the benefit of taxpayers.

You should know that Congress has significantly improved the original proposal presented by the Bush administration. In the version passed by the Senate, executives will be held accountable for their past decisions through limitations on compensation, prohibitions against golden parachutes or excessive retirement packages, and requirements that unearned bonuses be returned. As improved by the Senate, the legislation also requires participating companies to provide warrants and other forms of equity so that taxpayers will share in the profits if the stock of these companies goes up as a result of Treasury Department intervention.

The EESA also contains several provisions directed at stemming the tide of mortgage foreclosures thereby keeping families in their homes and addressing the root cause which has led to a loss of investor confidence and the freezing of credit markets. It would require the Treasury Department, where possible, to modify troubled loans to help American families keep their homes. It would also expand the HOPE for Homeowners program and require other federal agencies to modify loans that they own or control.

To ensure that Treasury isn't just getting a blank check, the legislation makes $250 billion available immediately, then requires the President to certify that additional funds are needed. The Treasury must report on the use of the funds and on progress in addressing the crisis. The bill establishes an Oversight Board so that the Treasury cannot act in an arbitrary manner and establishes a special inspector general to protect against waste, fraud and abuse.

The United States is in a financial crisis that could become worse than anything in a generation. In addition, our Nation's problems are already spreading into the global economy. If the federal government fails to take action right now, there is a real threat to small businesses and jobs, as well as mortgages, pensions and savings.

For all these reasons, I concluded that Congress must act now, and I decided to vote in favor of H.R. 1424. In the last two weeks, I have worked hard to be sure that this bill includes provisions to help families who are struggling. I've closely questioned and sent two detailed letters to Treasury Secretary Paulson, Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke and also spoke to leading economists about this legislation.

Enactment of this legislation is only the first in a series of steps we must take to bring about economic recovery. We need to institute rigorous and aggressive regulation of players in the market place in order to prevent the abuses which caused our economic problems.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, casey.senate.gov.... I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by Amaterasu

And I thought things didn't go to the Senate until they were PASSED in the House... That is what I was taught, I'm pretty sure...

Just a quick clarification. Bills can originate in either chamber. The stipulation is that bills originating in the Senate cannot have taxation authorizations. Any bill authorizing taxation must originate in the House.

Ahhh. Thank you for that. I guess because this is not involving a TAX, directly, they can own it. "Yeah, it will increase the tax burden for every American for centuries, but we're not taxing them directly here. It's merely a RESCUE of those poor, beset sots on Wall Street (and internationally...), so we in the Senate can do this.

I roll my eyes at our traitorous Senate. Well, except for the 24 who represented us. Reelect those guys. Boot the rest - IF we have a chance to and Martial Law, election suspension, etc., have not come to pass.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I got the same form letter. What a jerkface.

Now to see if Gerlach has anything to say for himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join