It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Twin Towers 2 $" Poster before 9/11, Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I found this photo two days after the last aniversery of 9/11. It was on a forum for people who collect pictures of buildings.
I copied it it because it seemed like the strangest thing, to me.
Was someone giving a secret message? A trophy for the perpetrators?
Does it mean, "Lets turn the twin towers into money"? Looks like it to me.
I have not been able to find another picture of this poster on the internet. Apparently this was a limited use poster that was not used, with this litte cryptic message, elsewhere.
This was reduced to fit the page.
Below is the crop with the poster centered, from what I downloaded.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Dude.. did you ever see the play "Tommy?"

That will answer your questions.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

No, did not see it. I thought it might be something explainable.
Whatever it meant, they did not use it later.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Tommy was a film, album, and play. The Who wrote it. I believe Roger Daltrey was in the movie.

You probably know many of the songs in it.

"Pinball Wizzard"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The H2$ bumper was for a show called 'How To Succeed In Business' which certainly played in NY around that time. Matthew Broderick was in the production I believe. A friend has the CD release of the stage recording and it has this image on the cover.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt

Tommy was a film, album, and play. The Who wrote it. I believe Roger Daltrey was in the movie.
You probably know many of the songs in it.
"Pinball Wizzard"
I realize all that. I was around when the original album came out and bought one.
I also saw the movie when it came out, at the drive-in.
I realize it was a Broadway play, and this was an add for it.
I said I did a search for it. My problem is that this one particular poster add that happens to be in sight of the towers, has this message on it.
If anyone has seen this particular art-work with the number 2 and a dollar sign, let me know because other than this one photo, I have not found it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I've never seen the film or whatever it is. Does the advertising depict something in the film? Two towers a '2' and a '$'.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't get it. what about the 2 and the $ sign? what is the deal?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I've never seen the film or whatever it is. Does the advertising depict something in the film? Two towers a '2' and a '$'.

Not that I know of, or could find.
Here is an example of a normal poster for the Broadway show.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ok. Very very strange.

Thanks for posting this... I'll be scratching my head.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Looks like the Marriot (WTC 3) in the middle there.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by red 5

Look up how much money the guy who bought the buildings got from insurance, compared to how much money he put up.
He bought these money loosing buildings and turned them into a big pile of cash. He will be dead from old age before it ever gets spent.
My question would be if Goldstein was an investor in producing the play and if he had some say so about some posters being put up within a couple blocks of buildings he owned.
Like something to laugh at on his way there in his limo.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

OK, it does kind of look like the Marriott.
I think it is generic to be recognizable as a building.
Just to be safe, I found a picture of the St. James Theater, where the play was being performed, according to both of the posters that are in my posts, above.

Just to make sure it is not a depiction of where the play was at. No, it does not look anything like what is in the poster.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Look up how much money the guy who bought the buildings got from insurance, compared to how much money he put up.

You're aware he tried to insure them for about half as much, and was forced to insure them for more?

He bought these money loosing buildings and turned them into a big pile of cash.

They weren't losing money, they were full and doing quite well. He's also obligated to rebuild, and rebuilt WTC7 with no major tenant onboard. You may dislike him personally, but there's very little evidence he is involved in any conspiracy, nor profited illegitimately.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It is called synergy. Or pre-something. The fact that those posters are there do spell certain doom, only fate knows that answer, however, as it is all about job creation.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
It is called synergy. Or pre-something. The fact that those posters are there do spell certain doom, only fate knows that answer, however, as it is all about job creation.
Ok, you are right. It is only fate and probably not a conspiracy.
I just finally deciphered what it says on the poster in the top right corner.
I looked it up in Wikipedia and found the answer. Apparently they were advertising two plays at once. The towers represent the letter "H".

So, just a weird coincidence.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Please back up your post with sources.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

I know you had to make reservations way in advance to eat in the restaurant on top of WTC 1, but otherwise, it was far from full.
The Port Authority stated loosing money as the reason they wanted to sell the towers.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Please back up your post with sources.

I don't have the links to hand, I will find them for you shortly.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I doubt there is anything to that poster as people have pointed out, however such things do happen i believe. For example, check out this from the 7/7 bombings, the advertisment on the side of the bus bomb is slightly chilling. Perhaps a message from the perps, who knows. I guess it wouldn't be too much trouble to sort out with a bit of cash.

Now this advertisement was also seen on 9/11 on the side of an odd demolition truck:

featuring the twin towers in the logo. This truck was recorded on camera driving through lower manhattan v. close to the towers before collapse and after the planes went in.

Note also the message "the sky's the limit." hmmm...

Well people have tried to get in touch with the so called 'Manhattan demolition' company but noone can get in touch with them, and the phoneline advertised give a engaged/out of service tone.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Insolubrious]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join