It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle with barcode appears in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
has anyone tried to work out what that 'bar-code' means?
can you put it hrough a scanner of sorts? not the actaul field but a copy of the barcode

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

If its a barcode then it doesnt have any meaning except for what meaning you give it. Just like at the store. The barcode at the store doesnt mean anything until they tell the computer that the number the barcode represents is a can of Green Giant corn.

Even if somehow the bar code mapped to ASCII code wouldnt it be easier just to spell out "BEWARE" than to figure out the numerical representation of the word BEWARE in ASCII code.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Even if somehow the bar code mapped to ASCII code wouldnt it be easier just to spell out "BEWARE" than to figure out the numerical representation of the word BEWARE in ASCII code.

That is exactly what I tried to say in my last post.

If one(s) is(are) able to produce a very impressive layout on a large field, and produce a "bar-code" that -when 'translated' to english(from ascii)- means the word BEWARE, why not just write the damn word in huge capital letters? It's already clear that whoever made this knows english.
I can't get my mind around the idea that they "need" to make it as a code...

At first thought, a crop circle is supposed to be this huge sign that's there, for what ever reason, and it seems to appear from thin air.
But at second thought, those signs never seem to give a straight answer as to why they are there at first place.
I mean, why go to the trouble of making a statement (supposing that's what cropcircles are) but making it very hard to understand?

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I totally agree with your question of why it needs to be coded. If the aliens can read a book on how to translate ASCII code to English they should be able to write a clear message instead of leaving pictures for us to try to interpret. We are lucky to read the same message and come to the same conclusion, let alone look at a picture and interpret what was intended by the artist. Even more amazing is they can travel the universe, translate English into ASCII code, and then translate that into a barcode, but they cant just broadcast over our tv signals and show a powerpoint slide of what it is they want to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

That is exactly what I tried to say in my last post.

If one(s) is(are) able to produce a very impressive layout on a large field, and produce a "bar-code" that -when 'translated' to english(from ascii)- means the word BEWARE, why not just write the damn word in huge capital letters? It's already clear that whoever made this knows english.
I can't get my mind around the idea that they "need" to make it as a code...

At first thought, a crop circle is supposed to be this huge sign that's there, for what ever reason, and it seems to appear from thin air.
But at second thought, those signs never seem to give a straight answer as to why they are there at first place.
I mean, why go to the trouble of making a statement (supposing that's what cropcircles are) but making it very hard to understand?

Peace

Maybe they don't know english? Maybe it's how they write?
Either that, or if you were to look at it this way, anyone from any culture could decode it and read it if they understood ASCII, rather than just anyone who can understand what BEWARE means in english.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yes..ite means that Earth and its contents have a price on the open universal market.

Bids anyone?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Well that is a great theory except ASCII just represents letters numerically. So you would have to understand english to interpret the barcode. So in your example they would have to write a different barcode for every language.

But hey what do I know. Maybe since the aliens have a pretty long trip they smoke a little cosmic weed to kill time. Then once they are high they sit around and think of crazy ways just to screw with us. They are like "Dude, what if we convert Beware to ASCII and then convert that to a barcode... that will totally flip them out" puff puff.... Yeah man...

How come high aliens sound a lot like Cheech and Chong?

Catch you later,
Basketball Jones

[edit on 3-10-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
maybe that's the only way that a highly advanced species can communicate with such a primitive lifeform like ourselves....

(BEWARE) i can't understand this.... why warn us of danger in crop circles? we are much more advanced than pictures in wheat. why not send radio waves or splice tv signals together to send this message, ( the signals have been going through space for long enough...) if this crop circle is real then they know english,,

i don't know.... maybe we will never know... or maybe they will make face to face (or whatever they have) very soon,,, maybe they have already???

who knows........... very interesting though.

p,s does anybody know if there is any other translations for the code??? maybe other languages?

Raven

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
maybe that's the only way that a highly advanced species can communicate with such a primitive lifeform like ourselves....

(BEWARE) i can't understand this.... why warn us of danger in crop circles? we are much more advanced than pictures in wheat. why not send radio waves or splice tv signals together to send this message, ( the signals have been going through space for long enough...) if this crop circle is real then they know english,,

i don't know.... maybe we will never know... or maybe they will make face to face (or whatever they have) very soon,,, maybe they have already???

who knows........... very interesting though.

p,s does anybody know if there is any other translations for the code??? maybe other languages?

Raven

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Darkflight
why not send radio waves or splice tv signals together to send this message, ( the signals have been going through space for long enough...)

Send who, signals? Disclosure.... It's like maybe they want to but they can't, or aren't allowed.. or somehow that sort of transmission is being blocked, and the only way they can get to us is visually... Until.... well... oct 14?

Maybe their technology is so different they don't use the same methods of transmission as we do.. who knows..

whats the best way to communicate with somone when you don't know how? pictures, sign language,.. imagery, symbolism.. it could mean any of this.. universal language?>

[edit on 3-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Good point its really like us walking up to an ant hill and trying to communicate. I really don't think they(ants) can understand what we would be saying to them
Even though they are an advanced insect community species, our technology and theirs are world's apart. For example they use a form of radar, as do we. Yet one is through bio evolution and the other through technology's evolution

This CC seems pretty lame other than the barcode. Seems like it could be easily made by humans compared to others in the past. But interesting nonetheless as most are.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Double post

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Starwatcher]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My thoughts on wy they need to be coded.

If the messages are intended for all humanity, they would logically be written in a way that all humans can understand.

Therefor they are not in any linguistical language, but in mathmatical and geometric code. Mathmatical principals do not change from language to language, but think about how much gets lost in translation!

I think it also may have to do with preventing the message from intentionally being convoluted by the powers that be. Assuming this one were real and they had spelled out "Beware" next to the cross, just think about how that could be twisted. Beware the coming of a false messiah, beware the Christian church, beware the message of Christianity period, or beware those who would deviate from the message of the Bible.

Edit: Even we did this. I forgot what it was called, but when we sent the plaque into space, it had those little cryptograms etched inot it, not English words.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

This CC seems pretty lame other than the barcode. Seems like it could be easily made by humans compared to others in the past. But interesting nonetheless as most are.

Genuine crop circles fascinate me, especially the ones that seem to have some sort of message. I agree that this one is dubious, but it seems as if there have been a large number of apparently genuine ones show up this season. I didn't find much discussion of crop formations here at ATS so I thought I'd bring this one to the attention of you all.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do the research, the Cross has nothing to do with the death of Christ.

The cross was a pagan symbol adopted by early Christians to make the religion palatable to the Pagans.

The Cross itself is a phallic symbol.

It does not belong in Christianity.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Cross (+ and X) have always been symbols for the Sun. Where you got the phallic symbol is beyond mel.

But maybe you are thinking of an actual rapture cross or something, though even that should fall under the above mentioned...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
Cross (+ and X) have always been symbols for the Sun. Where you got the phallic symbol is beyond mel.

But maybe you are thinking of an actual rapture cross or something, though even that should fall under the above mentioned...

Well the first thing I saw other than the planet thing was the thought of it maybe representing the whole 'planet of the crossing' sorta deal. But hey we'll just have to wait and find out right ?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I think the crop circle in question looks like part of a very simplified diagram of Nassim Haramein's fractal model. I've been looking into this a lot recently. He mentions things about the alien face crop circle aswell.

It's just a shame though that it exhibits signs of a hoax: lines connecting circles and close to the edge of the field.

I like it anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spookchild

Nice find maybe some mesage what's about to come on 14/10/2008 who knows? stars and stripes

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookchild
An apparently genuine crop circle ....

What exactly is a 'genuine' crop circle??

BTW - the article says this about the 'genuine' crop circle -

"On the ground the cross is extremely messy. All the laid plants are smashed and dead on the ground, including the ‘construction lines’ that run under the pattern throughout.”

Usually the 'good' ones are not messy and the plants are not smashed dead.

HOAX

[edit on 10/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join