It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Repeats Itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was prompted to read Roosevelt's 1933 inauguration speech today:

..... "Primarily, this is because the rulers of the exchange of mankind's goods have failed through their own stubbornness and their own incompetence, have admitted their failures and abdicated. Practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion, rejected by the hearts and minds of men.

True, they have tried, but their efforts have been cast in the pattern of an outworn tradition. Faced by failure of credit, they have proposed only the lending of more money."

entire speech here, excellent reading www.hpol.org...

Everyone has an idea how to fix things. Then someone does once in awhile, but where free enterprise reigns, you are always going to have the crooks waiting in the wings. Even a Revolution as many have talked about for awhile is only a temporary fix, because it too would soon be invaded by the greedy and the corrupt power mongers. That is the thing with money and power, there never is enough to go around and the more money and power someone has, the more they want. So, I fully expect our economy to collapse just as it has before; we will recover from it, and actually might get a few good honest men to dare to come forward at that time. The gap between the haves and the have-nots is closing before our eyes.

I about drove myself crazy deciding who to vote for, then I realized it really doesn't matter, too much damage is done, one candidate over another is futile now. It's like watching a train wreck, you know it's about to crash and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

If there is someone who has a better perspective on our future, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Our only hope is that whomever we vote for are not those involved in some manner with the "crooks waiting in the wings".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, Roosevelt took aim at "the unscrupulous moneychangers. Then he proposed the "New Deal" which resulted in such beauracracy that we are still trying to dismantle it today. Roosevelt's meddling caused the Great Depression to extend to such a point that we had to get into WWII in order to break it's hold.
Had Roosevelt kept his hands off the economy, things would have been back to normal much more quickly, and possibly without the deaths of so many American Soldiers.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Roosevelt saved millions of people from abject poverty by signing the Social Security Act.

top topics

join