It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans to go extinct by 2042?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok, lol, I finally see your point.

It only took two posts from you and a several articles about the game and the developers website to get me there.

You are right. The prediction about extinction IS part of the game.

news.cnet.com...

It "begins with the findings of a fictional supercomputer that, after a year-long analysis, predicts the extinction of the human population" by 2042.

The Institute for the Future really is trying to make predictions using these games, but the entire scenario, the squirrels, the 2042 date, none of those are related, (apparently) to the actual prediction they are trying to make.

www.iftf.org...

It’s about inventing new ways to organize the human race and augment our collective human potential.
With Superstruct IFTF introduces a revolutionary new forecasting tool: Massively Multiplayer Forecasting Games (MMFGs). MMFGs are collaborative, open source simulations of a possible future. Each MMFG focuses on a unique set of “future parameters,” which we cull from IFTF’s forecast research. These parameters define a future scenario: a specific combination of transformative events, technologies, discoveries and social phenomenon that are likely to develop in the next 10 to 25 years.

So, I apologize for placing this in the wrong forum, it really isnt about extinction at all, it is actually about programs that attempt to predict the future using games. I am a little peeved at the author of the Discover magazine article, I have reread it several times and it is still not clear to me from that article which part is the game and which is real research. But I am also annoyed at myself for not digging deeper at the outset.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
scientist saith that they are working on a experiment about living on other planets or artificial environment so we don't go extinct and I know for those who are Christians or those who believe in jesus that the gods wouldn't let that happen to his people or creation

new topics

<< 1   >>

join