It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Robbie Williams UFO Investigation: Round Two of Gilliand Videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff...an interesting note: I have 3 dogs which were sleeping when I started listening to the strange sounds tape. The two older dogs (11 and 12 years old) remained asleep but the younger dog (4 years old) jumped up instantly and sat staring into the speakers like the rca victor dog the entire time...what ruined it was the rooster crowing and she had to go "find" it.

The point being, there must be a higher range of sounds captured that is out of our audible range?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
Very interesting stuff...an interesting note: I have 3 dogs which were sleeping when I started listening to the strange sounds tape. The two older dogs (11 and 12 years old) remained asleep but the younger dog (4 years old) jumped up instantly and sat staring into the speakers like the rca victor dog the entire time...what ruined it was the rooster crowing and she had to go "find" it.

The point being, there must be a higher range of sounds captured that is out of our audible range?

Very interesting post, and I have to admit that I've not investigated or experimented with how the sounds affect animals... hmmm, maybe we should ask a few members that have pets to try it out on them and document their behavior... In fact if anyone has a camcorder, I'd love to have the pet video taped at a fairly close proximity to see the visual expressions (IE; head cocking to one side etc.)

But to answer your query.. yes, the audio does 'appear' to be all over the frequency spectrum.. Thanks for sharing the dogs experience with us, interesting to say the least.

Johnny

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The dod's response was curious attention. She did not feel threatened... high, cocked to one side, ears up..face open and relaxed and eyes wide open.

I suspect the other dogs didn't hear it because of their age...but for the younger dog, her response was almost instant and she didn't lose interest until she heard the rooster and she went into the other room to find it.

BTW she is a pek-a-poo...not exactly a "working dog". which might be more curious given her breed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In my previous post I mentioned that an insect might be responsible for the audio (although I'm more inclined to think that the sound is 'mechanical' in some way). The insect in question I was referring to should be a 'Cicada';
en.wikipedia.org...

Cicadas live in temperate to tropical climates where they are among the most widely recognized of all insects, mainly due to their large size and remarkable acoustic talents.

Unfortunately my (old) Mac wont play the sound file so I can't comment on any (dis)similarities.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd go ahead and chime in on the "bug" thing. We have a species of cicada here in Arizona and I hear them all the time. They definitely make a very repetitious sound, but it's nothing like what JA picked up in the audio. I suppose it's possible that if the cicada song was caught up in a feedback loop it might possibly make something like this, but I really doubt it. It doesn't sound like any kind of bug or insect that I've ever heard. If I had to take a stab at a conventional source, it'd be like others have mentioned, some sort of EMF interference. But since JA didn't find anything unusual with the ambient levels, I guess that's not the answer.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My first reaction to the ... dogs reaction... and the ensuing discussion is that no matter WHAT range of requencies that may or may not be contained within that signal or the source of the noise, is dictated by either the frequency range of the Mic picking it up, or the speakers that were playing it. So if you have some UHF in there, if your speakers are not responsive within that range, then it doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleAnswers
reply to post by TerraX

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd go ahead and chime in on the "bug" thing. We have a species of cicada here in Arizona and I hear them all the time. They definitely make a very repetitious sound, but it's nothing like what JA picked up in the audio. I suppose it's possible that if the cicada song was caught up in a feedback loop it might possibly make something like this, but I really doubt it. It doesn't sound like any kind of bug or insect that I've ever heard. If I had to take a stab at a conventional source, it'd be like others have mentioned, some sort of EMF interference. But since JA didn't find anything unusual with the ambient levels, I guess that's not the answer.

I agree. I lived down south for several years and the cicada's sounded more like "Reeeerrrreeeerreeeee".... (sorry, that's the best sound effects I can do over typing
)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This isn't a reply, just an observation from an impartial observer. I'm in the process of watching 'Johnny Anonymous's' videos (very interesting, by the way), but I can't help (again) being amazed about the terminoligy that is used by most people with an interest in this field, of which I am one.
What I don't like is the consistant use of the abbreviation 'UFO' to mean 'alien or supernatural phenomenon'. IT DOES NOT MEAN THOSE THINGS.
Comments like "something other than UFO" and "different type of UFO" are ridiculous. Please keep in mind that UFO is NOT synonymous with 'alien or supernatural phenomenon', but stands for UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT.

If you mean 'flying saucer', or 'alien craft' or 'supernatural object', please SAY that.

I know I've already lost this battle to correct this heinous faux pas. but I'll keep trying. ;-)

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
thank you
for sharing this
very interesting

cbx

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

Originally posted by SimpleAnswers
reply to post by TerraX

Hello everyone,

I agree. I lived down south for several years and the cicada's sounded more like "Reeeerrrreeeerreeeee".... (sorry, that's the best sound effects I can do over typing
)

I'm just offering the Cicada audio for consideration. Personally I didn't think any living animal, be it a bird or insect, could produce that sound Johnny recorded. Sometimes making comparisons to known sources will lead to more insight. Overhere in Holland we don't have those kind of insects (I think) but when I was on vacation in the south of Portugal those Cicadas were everywhere and made quite a ruckus.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Awesome work guys, really .....thanks for all your effort. The strange orb that flys in and then behind the mountain is great footage ! The sounds !! oh man the sounds are great .....any chance (when you get the time) you could supply some high quality wavs for the audio, I would love to look at it through a spectral analyzer !!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hello johnny! first timer reply.The sound you recorded is almost identical to one i recorded at my friends wedding.Its re verb caused by large insects called cicadas.That's why it is always present in the ambient.large masses sound off in groups ,if you have a large group in one set of trees they will sing in response to another group.I can plainly hear those in the distant it's only when those above the cam start to sing that they reek havoc on your camera mic.
the problem lies in the harmonizing of the hundreds.if you take a single note and loop it-lets say the key of( E) for example and play it aloud then match it with your own voice in harmony you will get a natural reverberation. the same thing is happening with the camera mic its just trying to process the sound of hundreds of these insects all at once.

the fact that no one mentioned it is not unusual the mind just writes it off as natural.It is also consistent with the time of day, they are most active in the warmest hours of the day.I'm sure your friends at ATS have access
to sound analysis software do a comparison of the two and see what you come up with.
As for the the chewbacca sound i would say it's some one at the recording.though it sounds like more than one person a couple of star wars fans communicating in wookie in the back ground.You are at the gilliland ranch and can count on some lucas fans.Anywho i enjoyed the footage its a beautiful place and for the object footage goes ???????????
HHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm! if its going agianst the wind then i can't explain it brother.
keep up the work man ];^]>Elton

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think we can put the Cicadas to rest as they are not native to the NorthWest. In the eastern states yes, and I think some are confusing Washington DC with Washington state where we actually performed our preliminary investigation in.. The Brood of Cicadas seem to be in the Mid-Atlantic and Eastern regions of the United States.

Please refer to this link by the University of Michigan:
insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu...

and the map located here:
magicicada.org...

The project database located here:
hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu...

Below is where all species of Cicadas have been reported in the US (and parts of Canada)...

[edit on 10/3/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The audio on the film caught me off guard.
I was expecting something more of a solid humming sound Power Nodes generate.

But this, I seem to have noticed there were two variations of the 'sound'.
The first variation can be heard around the 2:40Min - 5Min portion of the video.

Firstly, I noticed there was a central sound that was reverberating in itself.
Think of a gong, except your not slamming the hammer on it.
Your gently tapping it in a rapid fashion, creating a light harmonious but consistent sound. Instead of a loud bang.

Now the second sound at 6:45min, seemed to have something else mixed in.
It had the same qualities as the first, however this was there in between the sections of the first sound.

To draw it out it would be like this for Variation 1:
Noise Block 1 (First) -> Noise Block 2 (Second) -> Back to First

For the second variation:
Noise Block 1 (First) -> Noise Block 2 (Second) -> Back to First
Third Sound, no stop and start.

EDIT:
Whatever is making this noise... its in the 5 - 6Khz range.

EDIT2:
Here's a spectrum of the waveform showing where this consistent sound is at.
Couldn't upload the image at ATS due to size.

Top is highlighted with a green box.
Bottom is untouched.

Link: Waveform Image Spectrum

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Xabora]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Excellent footage, very interesting...

Since we seem to be focusing on the sounds:

So if nobody heard the sounds that were recorded, and you were using an analog recorder, I would suggest considering simulating the experiment with loops of different kinds.
I am not an expert in the matter, but I would suggest looking at electromagnetic fields looping, directly over the tape, not as sound... Do you follow? Maybe some light could come out of that...

Great work! Keep it coming...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
had to join to re-post. try this site john........buzz.ifas.ufl.edu...
It mentions several western species ........elton

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry out of topic but as i listen to these sounds same way as music it sounds like Pink Floyd in the early days.... Or rather say the "feeling" this sound can give some.... Maby Syd Barrett was on the right path after all ?
Do we know ? No ! Do i wish ? Yes !

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The sounds are straight out of a early 60s sci-fi movie. Oh the conspiracy !!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Excuse me.Can you answer to these questions of mine? I make otherwise confusion.Does someone think that the sounds that feel in the video are Cicada?Is saying this correct?
Well, me within now to interest me really of these phenomena, therefore can be sure and inexperienced not on so many things, but on this no!
I am sure that these sounds are not coming from Cicada!
I am surer, believe me,I live in a place where, especially in summer,the Cicada are to enormous quantity of it and I are able of to recognize among thousand their sound!
Is completely another sound in this video in comparison to the Cicada!!!
I hope to be makes me understand

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join