It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Robbie Williams UFO Investigation: Round Two of Gilliand Videos

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX
In my previous post I mentioned that an insect might be responsible for the audio (although I'm more inclined to think that the sound is 'mechanical' in some way). The insect in question I was referring to should be a 'Cicada';
en.wikipedia.org...

My first thought too! I live in the SE and you can go out any night and hear Cicada's (in the summertime). I've heard them all my life.

I assure you those ARE NOT noises made by the Cicada.

I'll try the sound on my roommate's dogs as soon as they leave. I don't want them to see me running around chasing their dogs with a laptop, and think I've finally flipped.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
First, thankyou for all the hard work you guys have put into this, the patience has certainly been tested in many members here waiting for the second round of this "adventure".

Excellent quality and production of the videos shown here.

How are your square-eyes Johnny?

I was particularly fascinated by the sounds you recorded......

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I also then recorded sections of areas where vehicles traveled by to see if I could've possibly gotten perhaps just some 'truck' with weird tires driving on the road a 1/2 mile away, but again no luck (the nearest paved road is a 1/2 mile away). And because these sounds were captured on four separate tapes, we are 99% sure that they are not the result of vibrating tape houseings/cases or bad tape (such as a crinkled bit of tape or similar).

Where I live (Rural France), I was reminded of a very distant tractor ploughing a field. The coming and going (changing volume) of your clip was reminiscent of when a tractor makes a turn at the end of a field.

Point: I have never really considered this until hearing your clip! This may be a subconsious thing and the reason nobody at the gathering noticed it.....However...you also point out that the noises were recorded at different locations which could also rule this out imo.

I do believe my car makes a similar sound though!
I have a cassette player in it and on a regular basis it does the "screeching" effect caused by a dirty "head".

Nothing to do with the tapes. This would account for the sound being heard in different locations. I'm sure you keep your equipment in tip-top condition but something to consider....analogue(cogs,wheels,belts) V digital(pcb).

Suggestions

The use of seperate digital and analogue sound recording on site to confirm/eliminate such anomalies in future perhaps.

Re: visual recorded anomalies...

I have watched many videos (most from members here) which show supposed "orbs" and distant far-off objects that could be mistaken for something more than the dust, insects and objects close to the camera that they in fact could be.
To help eliminate this problem would it not be possible to erect barriers on each side of the viewing area, say 2-3 meters high and projecting into the field of view (5m+) enough to eliminate (most) of these "fakes". Something like a big beach wind-break, dark colour (with a big ATS Logo of course!).

I'm thinking of your poor eyes Johnny with all that reviewing

Those possible "fake" objects caught by the cameras would be further away and there would be more chance of identifying them because of a better focus (if they are still picked up at all... 5m+ rather than up real close.

Also, what kind of wind measurement do you use?

Would an accurate record of wind direction also help in identifying trajectories better and even the sound anomalies perhaps as you could sync any wind changes etc to video...however small?

Just ideas.

Re the Paranormal State crew and your time with them...

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
And yes, I was even shot/filmed and had to sign a release form to have my mug on the show. I'm secretly hoping that I end up on the 'cutting-room' floor...

Yeah, I heard they have some cute editing "babes" there.

All in all a great "adventure" for all of us, I really appreciate the time spent presenting this to us humble members. I would love to come on one of your observations but alas, my riches are not those of the pocket!

Well done all, keep up the excellent work.

[edit on 28/11/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Great Job guys...interesting stuff

I have some things you might want to look into. After last night I sat down and finished round 2 vids then got interested and watched the Paranormal State episode on my TiVo. By the way I saw your camper when they bring in Chip Coffee into the ranch by vehicle.

These observations I put together may or may not coincide with your time with PS crew there but some of it seems very coincidental and maybe worth you guys going over your time and trying to place pieces.

1. The lights that were seen IN the wooded area which was captured on your footage: This is the one thing that tipped me off. If the timing is correct near the beginning of the show one of thier first nights of ivestigating they lost 2 female members out in the wooded area who were carrying those high powered handheld spotlights which they repeatedly were asked over radio to turn on and off to help locate them as well as before they officially got lost the 2 girls were using it fairly indiscriminatley in the woods. Also the basecamp team finally went into the wooded area after the girls with thier Tundra and the show even showed them coming back out of the woods with the truck and high beams on. Very similar to what Johnny was commenting on. I reccommend watching the episode and making your own comparisons.

2. Also one of commenters on the post here said he/she could hear chanting and what sounded like drums in the background noise. The PS team was sitting around a fire chanting and using drums.

Here's a link to the episode...sorry it's Tubed.
Paranormal State: Gilliland Ranch

Just wanted to throw this out there because something just clicked when I watched the ATS stuff then the PS episode back 2 back

[edit on 8-12-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

1. The lights that were seen IN the wooded area which was captured on your footage: This is the one thing that tipped me off. If the timing is correct near the beginning of the show one of thier first nights of ivestigating they lost 2 female members out in the wooded area who were carrying those high powered handheld spotlights which they repeatedly were asked over radio to turn on and off to help locate them as well as before they officially got lost the 2 girls were using it fairly indiscriminatley in the woods.

The PRS team was up there 4 days, The ATS Team was up there 3 days prior to PRS being there. The lights on the Mountain were seen most of the two weeks I was up there on my own. So your theory doesn't hold up since the supposed girls were only lost once during the episode they aired. Also, the video presented here at ATS of the lights on the mountain were captured on our very first evening as the skies were overcast. The PRS crew didn't show till 4 days later.

Originally posted by djvexd
2. Also one of commenters on the post here said he/she could hear chanting and what sounded like drums in the background noise. The PS team was sitting around a fire chanting and using drums.

I don't know what your speaking of with regards to the drums.. None of our crew made a comment (that I know of) about drums and chanting. We had some singing (while the whole ATS team was there with Robbie Williams), and then later when Robbie Williams and his crew returned in the second week we had more singing, but again no drums and chanting that I can recall.

Now during the PRS filming, there was one evening that James Gilliland and the PRS crew beat on some drums at night, and I believe that is the footage that you may be thinking of that aired... But that had nothing to do with ATS, it's team nor the investigation itself...

Johnny

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I guess I should have factored in editing and such from the PS show...lol

Well then file that one in the exploded theory bin...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You might think this is crazy but after 32 years of ufo study the only possible explanation I have is that ufo's and the paranormal like spirits are connected somehow. A second dimension seems the only way you can get video on analog but not digital,and taping those sounds at the ranch but nobody hearing anything is exactly what paranormal ghost hunters do with tape recorders,they usually don't hear the spirits talking until they go back and listen later. I don't know if you watched the Paranormal States segment#33 at gilliams ranch but at the very end they got some decent video of a flying bright light zig zagging,and before that of course they went spirit hunting,but reguardless after all this time on earth this is my best explanation,ufo's and spirits or afterlife have a common thread,call me crazy if you want but until some solid proof comes around all this stuff is weird.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Originally posted by anyone
reply to post by Dave Rabbit[/url]

Hey thanks Dave, I don't want to derail this thread but yes that interview is great. I was thinking about going back to listen to it again. It's been a while and I wasn't a member then. Dorothy is my muse when it comes to the supernatural lately. Lord Thumbs is right, James and Dorothy should meet I think they would have a lot to talk about... especially this mysterious sound comparison. Maybe you can contact her and send a copy of the sound for her to listen to. ?

I will forward it to Frank Longo who has Dorothy's personal contact information. I have a phone number for her, but do not want to disturb her by phone. I will report back when I hear from Frank and/or Dorothy.

Dave

I understand the whole 'hurry up and wait' BUT REALLY cant wait much longer

Can you possibly give a follow up email to FRANK? of course after the holidays, wouldnt want to bother Dorothy while she's holding the family together during this special time of year. OR FRANK for that matter.
-appreciatively thumbs

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
I understand the whole 'hurry up and wait' BUT REALLY cant wait much longer

Can you possibly give a follow up email to FRANK? of course after the holidays, wouldnt want to bother Dorothy while she's holding the family together during this special time of year. OR FRANK for that matter.
-appreciatively thumbs

:::With regards to Dorthy Izatt and getting another interview with her:::

We have tried a number of times to be able to move forward with another interview. You have to understand that Dorothy has never had a desire for any publicity. We can not magically make something happen if the desire is not there in the first place. So just to make this clear, she will not be giving out interviews any time soon (as we understand it). We'd love to be able to have her on again, but for now you'll just have to be content with the ATS:MIX interview at hand for the time being:

ATS.MIX: SE03 – Dorothy Izatt and Director Frank Longo "Capturing The Light"

Please refer any and all other requests and guest suggestions to the appropriate area located here:

ATS MIX Guest Request Thread - POST YOUR REQUESTS HERE!

[edit on 12/20/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I was aware that dorothy does not enjoy the publicity.
If dave was actually going to bring her back on it would be nice if he had a clip of the sound ready in the event the interview went that way.

duely noted that all other requests will sent to the proper thread.

thank you J

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
wow! That Chewbakka sound, pardon my spelling, not a big fan of starwars. But maybe the sound you captured are bigfoot communicating...it also sounds like sticks breaking as the chewbakka sounds are going on....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

it sounded as though it was from a different dimention

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
none of the videos are loading for me

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

they are working for me, you might want to see if you can access them from here
media.abovetopsecret.com...
they are all listed on the lower right side of the screen

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 17/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I assume the sounds were recorded on the modified Sony Hi8 CCD-TRV65. The noise recorded could be feedback bleeding through reverb. I've had it happen on relatively high end professional studio equipment even with reverb turned off. The noise sounds digital in nature (except for the bear sounds). My 2 pennies.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
I assume the sounds were recorded on the modified Sony Hi8 CCD-TRV65. The noise recorded could be feedback bleeding through reverb.

Yes.. Most all the high strangeness was recorded and captured on the Hi-8.

Perhaps you would explain to me how a Camcorder could create a feedback loop with reverb on a camera that has no such function as "reverb"? The viewscreen door was closed, so no external audio was being utilized.

Johnny

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You're right, I looked up the specs on the camera and it didn't list any built in reverb effects or such.

I'm just drawing from my experiences with audio, (although that was long ago). To me it sounds like the kind of feedback you get through reverb, delay, etc on a mixer (32 channel Mackie in my case), depending on how you set up the signal flow/returns through an effects bus. That's what it sounded like to my ears.

Like I said, this was long ago and I don't know if I'm making sense, but effects can bleed through depending on how things are hooked up. In the case of your camera, I was thinking it may have been somewhat the same. If these sounds were heard directly from the camera (no post mixing) and there are no built in effects on the camera, then I think you may have captured a phenomenon!

If you've captured a phenomenon, I think it can be deduced that something energetic was interfering with your camera, since you guys didn't hear it with your own ears and it sounds like you guys were fairly close to the camera, (can hear the chatter).

Sorry to ramble, I was just trying to offer up a possible explanation based on my experiences.

On a side note: You know it also reminds me a bit of the strange noises that have been recorded inside some crop circles!

Edit to add- Thought about it today. I don't know that camera but is there a 'sock' over the built in mic? If not, do you think it's possible a slight breeze kicked up and blew across the diaphragm of the mic causing it to resonate a bit and be recorded as that atonal digital shimmering sound?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
You're right, I looked up the specs on the camera and it didn't list any built in reverb effects or such.

Edit to add- Thought about it today. I don't know that camera but is there a 'sock' over the built in mic? If not, do you think it's possible a slight breeze kicked up and blew across the diaphragm of the mic causing it to resonate a bit and be recorded as that atonal digital shimmering sound?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Flux8]

Nope no socks or wind covers.. no post or pre mixing, no filtering or external hook-ups of mics. Nothing special except the set-up as a static camera shot aimed at the two trees towards the direction of the mountain. Over 120+ hours of tape shot over a two week period. Some of the sounds were on the same tape captured on the same day, the others were on other tapes (actually different tape as I rotated through manufactures). And in the end the Camera was in a complete different location about 600 feet away from where the other "weird sounds" were captured at and on top of the second story porch aimed at the "Pyramid".

I too have many years under my belt as a videographer in the Broadcast medium and have had my share of audio and video glitches and WTF's.. But nothing in 25+ years of gathering and recording events/phenomena were like these..

Johnny

[edit on 2/21/2009 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Job well done, and thank you for taking some time out to answer my questions/thoughts. I bet this gig was a blast!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks that worked

[Mod edit -replaced quote with Reply to tab]

[edit on 21/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I only recently got the chance to watch the Gilliand Videos on media.above and I have to say I am quite impressed by what you guys came up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join