It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Apology for Violating the Rules...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I didn't know where else to post this, so here goes.

I admit to being overbearing with my remarks pertaining to the entire Galactic Federation of Light/ Federation of Light ordeal. My comments were intended in the front end to mock what I personally felt was dis-info. I feel claims without evidience or logical backing, while trying to say that others are wrong, are presented to make this great site look like a bunch of UFO hungry morons. Even though I have not been here that long, this is a great site for info and should not be treated as a place to spread dis-info.

That being said, I aparently was misunderstood with my humor on the entire thread dealing with the GFL/FOL by members who magically know what is going to happen on the predicted day. I wish to have this known as a public apology to the members and founders of this site, as my actions were a violation of the Terms and Conditions. Even though I did not threaten, coerce, harass, or attack anyone, my comments were very mocking and hurtful to some members.

Hopefully this will not seal my fate as a member of ATS/BTS, and I will be allowed by the moderators to move on Denying Ignorance with proof!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Takes a big person to apologise publicly.

I hope it goes noticed by staff.

Hat off to you for doing so...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree that was very cool of you to do.
We can always disagree.
Its OK.
Big man good job.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
C'mere big guy
...it's man hug time...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Violating T&C rules, that's a paddling.
Accepting responsibility, oh that's also a paddling.

Well done.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
SALUTES!!!!

If those in debate can agree to disagree and move forward to find a solution instead of putting more fuel to a fire being put out, imagine what would be accomplished!!!

Hats off to you!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

hilarious, " man hug time "

it takes a big man to admit his mistake, you my friend are a big man.

besides, we have all written things on this board that we shouldnt have.

dont worry about it. peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Agreed. It takes a big person to do this. Do remember that ATS/BTS are here for members to discuss various topics, and some will not have the 'proof' that so many desire. Any topic in the realm of Metaphysics, such as Blossom Goodchild's channelings, simply cannot be proven or disproven on their face. The better question to ask those who do believe is why the believe. This will give you more of an insight into the subject. And if you believe it's just BS, then instead of posting such a view, just snicker to yourself and move along. By voicing your disbelief you are depriving those members who do believe or are just curious of an outlet to discuss these topics. Most topics here on ATS/BTS are unprovable. If they were 100% provable, then they probably wouldn't be discussed here. Thinking 'outside the box' is one thing that I have found is common with most of the members here.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have written many of things on this site, and some I may regret. A man hug is definetly in order.
Takes alot to admit you were wrong. I have apologized for some remarks I have made in the past too. Very common thing to lose your head on here. Good job you have corrected it.

Also, some things on here are bs. Look for the little things, and details that get switched when someone is trying to explain something that isn't true. You can spot liars if you look close enough, then its okay to call them out. Otherwise, keep an open mind. Its always ok to question someone about an experience, then decide for yourself.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sometimes serious postings require serious questioning. I don't think you were wrong in doing so. I think it sounded like your honest request for proof or evidence of this person's information, and your dis-like for dis-info keeping you on guard.
Your apology warrants notice and I hope you are recognized for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Now I know why I should not read posts while drinking tea because it came out of my nose:

C'mere big guy
...it's man hug time...

That brought up my day

On a serious note, thanks to all for thier understanding.

Neo - "I know Kung-Fu."
Morpheus - "Show me."

That in a nut-shell is my philosophy. It is what it is. And I am the most tollerable and understanding person you will ever meet - even though my rescent actions show otherwise. Anyone who has ever claimed to be abducted by aliens, seen a UFO, can harness thier super abilities to do stuff, is well within thier right to say so. But to have others believe such without proof is very hard to digest sometimes. Often, without proof, I will bypass threads because I will always understand, but I cannot logically acknowledge anything without proof or atleast a logical-based assertion.

I live in the country near a military facility and have fantastic views of the night sky all the time, so I keep my camera close and batteries charged "just in case"
. While I have only seen 1 UFO years ago, I am diligently trying to gather proof to support anything which I would post that I claim I saw. I have numerous stories of stuff that has happened to me, but before I "say it happened" I will provide the best proof I am capable of.

That said, I have the belief that no one has ever provided 100% factual evidience to extra terrestrial life, or it comming here to Earth, or more than half of the claims made here...but in a universe as large as what we are in, the logical possibility of another planet rotating around one of the billions of stars I see every night harboring some sort of life is about 90% in my book. The possibility that one of those having beings far more advanced than us humans is about 75% in my book...there are just way too many unexplainable occurences to take into account. But sorting through what many see as dis-info does not help the cause.

I am also a firm believe in metaphysical understanding - something which cannot be proven aside from the ability to logically explain your view...but the key is logically. "Just because I/He/She said so" does not provide logic behind events, but I should not be one to judge, but move on or offer support.

But I must warn I am racist...while everyone else who is racist around here has to do with other races, mine deals with just stupid idiocy - People doing or saying stuff that has no aparent reasoning behind it. This has gotten me in trouble more times then not when IRL I request reasoning behing actions/motives that effect me personally and the party is unable to provide such...I usually go overboard whith my assessment of the situation, which I am guessing is what has happened here except I just decided to mock put down anothers' belief. So it is something I am going to work on improving as I want my posts to be taken with seriousness and understanding...so should everyone else's.

But I have to admit the 50+ stars I got from my second reply on the thread kept me going to humor those who found humor in what I was saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi Taledus, it's Rush again. You have been a busy poster, haven't you? Nobody's perfect, warnings come and warnings go. But good for you for recognizing it and moving on. It is really hard sometimes to bite your lip to keep from posting something that you may regret. When you feel like saying something that may get you in trouble just stop by DATS, grab a drink and chill. Then go back and post one of these
. Hehe

And BTW, I am really impressed with all the "man hugs" in this thread, none of which is followed up by "but I'm not gay" like so many of our BTS guys feel the need to do. Applause!!!

Rush

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

top topics

join