It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1969 Rand Report-Gov policy to ridicule UFO witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The (very interesting) 1969 Rand report compiled for the U.S. Govenment where,among other things,it states that it is CIA policy to ridicule and discourage UFO witnesses due to the high level of credible sightings.
Theres also some intruiging statements made concerning the Portugese ´Fatima UFO case´.
stinet.dtic.mil...
Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/12/01 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
[edit on 01/12/01 by karl 12]

...that edit date?

The document mainly reports different types of objects seen. Interesting intro. with some Drake equation theories. 46 pgs., .pdf:

We shall therefore look at contemporary astronomical knowledge and theories and ascertain the likelihood of the existence of other highly developed life forms.

Therefore, we would expect about 1000 million suitable solar type stars exist. Of these, it is estimated by various astronomers that 200-600 million have planets at about the right distance and have been around long enough that life forms as developed as our own could exist.

For the purposes of this paper, we can ignore both the multitude younger than ourselves and those at our point of development. Even so, we are left with the possibility of 100,000,000 planets in the galaxy having life forms very much advanced from us. (This number would be reduced significantly if life forms destroyed themselves soon after reaching our stage of development. This is a philosophical point on which I am optimistic -- I believe the majority of races will learn to survive.) If these stars are uniformly distributed in the galactic disk, the average separation will be about 10 light years.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arktkchr

Arktkchr, thanks for the reply and yes there's some very interesting statements and speculation made about UFOs in the 1969 report - the authors seem to be of the opinion that the UFO subject is a real one and needs to be taken seriously.
I also found the comments regarding the object witnessed by thousands of people in Fatima not being relgious in nature (and in fact being a huge, silver,metallic disc) very interesting as I live in Portugal and the area is a veritable hotbed for UFO reports.
I think, if you view this document in tandem with all the other government UFO documents that the very persistent John Greenewald Junior has collated, then the idea that the US Government ´has no interest' in the UFO subject is a pretty ludicrous one.

video.google.co.uk...

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Very interesting document, Karl12, thank you so much for sharing!

There are some astonishing UFO sightings described in the document, so I highly recommend reading it.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Very interesting document, Karl12, thank you so much for sharing!

There are some astonishing UFO sightings described in the document, so I highly recommend reading it.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

Ziggystar, thanks for the reply -it's certainly a very interesting read and your right about the high calibre of UFO reports/sightings - it's also interesting to speculate about the mention of ridicule in the report and the large number of government documents on the UFO subject -maybe the claims that 'UFOs are of no Defense significance´ are wearing a bit thin.

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So, can we conclude from this that if someone ridicules a person who claims to have seen a UFO on here, we can say that there is a higher degree of probability that the person is a paid disinfo/shill?

Just askin....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
So, can we conclude from this that if someone ridicules a person who claims to have seen a UFO on here, we can say that there is a higher degree of probability that the person is a paid disinfo/shill?

Just askin....

Or they have been lied to and believed and now base their living on lies
and must keep on lying.

Its happens.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Just askin....

SC I don't think we can conclude much but it does make for a very interesting read -and at least it appears that the US government were openly discussing the ET hypothesis with regard to the UFO subject in 1969.
Cheers Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Sir Chancealot
Fair point although I think its fair to say that ridicule can be a very powerfull weapon-I´d specualte that for everyone that reports a UFO there are a great many that do not for precisely this reason.
Cheers Karl

new topics

top topics

join