It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron's "Man with the Plan" speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

David Cameron

news.bbc.co.uk

The election of a Conservative government will bring - and I mean this almost literally - a declaration of war against those parts of the educational establishment who still cling to the cruelty of the "all must win prizes" philosophy…

…and the dangerous practice of dumbing down.

Listen to this.

It's the President of the Spelling Society.

He said, and I quote, "people should be able to use whichever spelling they prefer."

He's the President of the Spelling Society.

Well, he's wrong. And by the way, that's spelt with a 'W.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-10-2008 by C.C.Benjamin]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Good on him. History repeats, and once more Labour have created the mess the Tories must clean up.

Good luck to the lad, I listened to the entire speech and found very little I disagreed with. My only criticism is that I'd like to hear more improv from him! Forget the flowery language and get to the heart of the issues.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

[..Good luck to the lad, I listened to the entire speech and found very little I disagreed with. ...

You and everyone else. Wasn't it the purpose of it???

And don't they all talk beautifully before getting elected, they are the most illuminated of beings. Of course, after that, they all do the same crap, under different guises.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

how soon people forget that it was the conservative party's 'thatcherism' that allowed the mess we are in today to happen.

now everyone is having to pay the price for all the greed and selfishness that they encouraged to happen while they stole the industries from the country to give the profits to the rich.

you think the disgusting poverty gap they nurtured was bad before? just wait till they get in again.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

how soon people forget that it was the conservative party's 'thatcherism' that allowed the mess we are in today to happen.

now everyone is having to pay the price for all the greed and selfishness that they encouraged to happen while they stole the industries from the country to give the profits to the rich.

you think the disgusting poverty gap they nurtured was bad before? just wait till they get in again.

Actually I'm a huge Thatcher fan. I don't forget, like I didn't forget the utter quagmire this country was in before Thatcher. Labour came in riding the crest of a Tory economic wave, and they have, again, stagnated and systematically ruined this country.

Everyone harps on about "two million unemployed under Thatcher!" when they don't realise we have five million unemployed now! Oh yes, but Labour are the way forward!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

sorry - the whole world is in a mess because of the policies of greed and corruption - you can't blame all of that on the labour party - they just latched on to the conservatives 'ethics'.

get rich quick at everyone else's expense doesn't work in the long run as people are now finding out.

the last 'official' unemployment statistics says even though it is rising, there are only 1.7 million unemployed link though we all know the figures are fiddled. where did you get your 4 million from? the daily mail?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I personally was a huge fan of Thatcher, but not the current "New" or "Moderate" conservative party. Cameron gives a good speech i'll give him that, i support his plee for a united Britain in tough times and even agree with most of his points and bipartisan approach. He is a popularist after all. I just find it hard to believe him and his shadow cabinet of toffee nosed posh boys can relate to the average Briton. That said, i feel Britain needs a change and a new party deserves a chance. Rather the Conservatives than the Libs anyday!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ahaaa, so this is what 'Sheeple' sound like. I love it when seemingly intelligent people actually debate the merits of one party over the other either here in the UK or the USA. It's like they live in a world free from all the mess that each successive party in power has left behind.

So in this free and democratic system you live in, you’re happy to have all the Taxes/spend/bail-outs/reductions in choice? You feel that your best interests are actually what drive their policies? I don't.

I know that all governments are working not for me but against me (Food - Codex Alimentarius (WTO), Fear - Contrived Global threats (UN) - IMF creating economic slaves) and I'm no more than a Human Resource in their NWO game plan. I'm not theorising, I'm living this NWO crap!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We need a new party in power in this country, be interesting if one of the smaller parties actually makes it.

The Labour cabinet never have any substantial plans or ideas, never commit to anything definite and are so politically correct it makes me sick.

Hopefully the Conservatives beat Labour this time round so at least we have different people even if they are not much better

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Hopefully the Conservatives beat Labour this time round so at least we have different people even if they are not much better

If Cameron does not beat Brown and clearly, well, there is absolutely no hope for them, this is the opportunity of a lifetime for them.

It would be interesting to see the lib-dems climbing to gain some leverage between the 2 big ones. blllahh... who am I kidding. It's also the same load of c%$&/ . Bring in the Libertarian party!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The country has been teetering on the edge of the crapper for decades and each successive Tory and Labour government that comes along continually tries to push it in and flush the chain. We are in a strange state in Britain. For the first time ever we have absolutely nobody worth voting for!!! Labour are useless and blame everyone for the countries ills except themselves. The Torys would find someone new to to pick on, the last Tory government having already closed are coal mines, put millions on the dole, introduced the hated Poll tax and crippled the health service. Liberals are a waste of time. Green Party would just raise more tax's. BNP are a bunch a racist bas***ds. Who's left?
Whats needed in the UK is a new way of doing politics. . . A system needs to be put in place where our elected politicians are held accountable if their policies cause harm to the country. It's about time we dusted down Traitors Gate!!

top topics

join