It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning !! This will make you think!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
More scientists are alive today than all who have ever lived in the entire history of earth.

More inventions are being developed in this generation alone that all inventions that have been developed throughout history (althought fears of being sued by personal injury lawyers like John Edwards prevent many of them from coming to market.)

Just 25 years ago, we didn't have personal computers, cellular phones, or anything else digital.

The future is coming at us faster. Two of the comments in the Book Revelations which confused people up until the 20th Century were these predictions: (1) The vision and speech of two people would someday be heard and seen around the world - which was impossible before television; (2) People would be able to travel easily and quickly about the earth. These are two of the six (of seven) signs many now consider to have been fulfilled, signallying the End of Days.)

We are now at a point in history and have never been there before and it
s coming faster. This was predicted some 40 years ago in a popular book "Future Shock." I thought it was a crock when I first read it, but now virtually every social matter predicted has come to pass.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Charles we have had digital technology since the 50's ( the transistor is a switch dude! That means on and off or 1 and 0 hince digital!)

No one I have seen has mentioned the biggest mover in our history yet!

WAR! we must struggle to survive to reach for the next best weapon! How many technologies are spin offs from millitary projects?
Strife is the single most advancing factor in human history while it is true that we have had periods where peace has allowed for an advancement ( rennessance) the constant drumbeat of warfare leads to ever progressing capabilities! I know some of you pacifist weenies dont like it but its truth just watch the series CONNECTIONS see how many things began as an attempt to find a better way to whack the other guy! You can not discount the slow steady progression due to conflict!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It was the development of the computer that caused this increase in technology.

Once the computer existed, it could be used to invent and discover new things, including new, better computers; these new, better computers could be used to invent and discover even more new things, including even more new, better computers; etc. Once that trend starts, it's exponential growth from that point on...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
do you also notice how fast tecnology is upgrading. How fast computers and cellphones become outdated

Just think how excited we would be to have a camera phone in 1994.
we would feel like james bond.

IF you think how good it is now, just imagine in ten more years.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One theory is that technological developments double themselves. This is the reverse of the old math trick of give me a penny a day and doubles it each day and in short order I will become a millionaire.

If the first technological development took place say one million years ago, the next would occur 500, 000 years later and the next 250,000 later�fast forward to today and technology is doubling at the rate of minutes.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Most Advancements as you are saying are truly just refinements of an original idea that can be traced back in time. Maybe 100's of years only a few real advances(original ideas) have happened Television being one of the biggest.

The rapid development in the past 100 - 200 years has been driven by warfare. I find it funny that in developing better ways to kill ourselves we also benefit from these ideas.

One basic example being radar it was used to detect incoming aircraft so interceptors go go knock them out of the sky before bombs could be dropped. Now its used to make sure we dont crash into other planes when we go on holiday.

Any way some people think we move in circles we invent we progress we bomb ourselves back into the stoneage and repeat the process judging by whats going on in the world today its only a matter of time to we start another circle. lol.

I wonder what some archeologist in 10,000 years will make of the stuff we leave behind.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The single most important reason we're advancing faster and faster is literacy. The number of people who CAN read increases every year -- even in Europe and North America, places we consider to consist of "1st world" devloped nations, the literacy rate was well under 50% only 125 years ago. Today it is, on average, over 94%. (source CIA Factbook - condensed average by me might be slightly inaccurate by a couple percent).

With more people who can actually read -- ergo learn and pass on what they've learned to others -- you can create, make, teach, improve more than you can with fewer people who posess the knowledge. Also, once you've achieved a certain levels of "common knowledge" it is no longer a stepping stone to have to learn the basics. Example: Everyone here knows how to get something clean and safe to drink (you turn on the tap, or you open a bottle of water). Not even 100 years ago the vast majority of water sources were biologically unsafe due to parasites and other pollutants (we overcame that by identifying the source of the problem and then fixing it, first by discovering we could boil it to kill the parasites, and then improved the process through chlorination and/or filtration). We don't have to even give a moment's thought to, "How can I get a drink?" or, "Where can I get something safe to drink?" It doesn't take up any of our day. It's quite simple to see how learning one thing leads to smaller and shorter-distanced stepping stones to learn the next new thing...

You can take the basic principal of above and apply it to anything. We can create a faster computer processor today (one that is 1000 times as powerful compared to one from 1980) because we don't have to discover the principals behind the technology: we merely have to apply our previously learned information and devise improvements and apply more efficient methods. Each step to the next "great technology" is based upon the countless stepping stones that predate it.

New technologies come about because of a need for that technology -- we apply previous common knowledge (and learned information) to come up with better, easier solutions. Velcro is on almost every backpack, jacket, etc., these days because NASA needed a way to allow astronauts to easily attach, remove, and re-attach items (notepad, pen, etc) to their bulky spacesuits (suits that have gloves offering little dexterity). Assembly lines exist and allow us to produce mass quantities of items we require to maintain our standard of living because Henry Ford looked at how to improve the efficiency of his factories so he could sell more cars to more people (and make them affordable to more people).

Technology from aliens... a novel (and very lazy) way to grasp how technology advances, but give humans some credit.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Could it be the technology from the aliens? How would our world be without it?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i say that aliens showed us how to use a phone or computer. cause in the nineteen hundreds we didnt even have a phone tv car or anything that was good. it only took a hundred of years to go to that to phones with the internet on them and space flight adn stuff like that

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
War and industry.

The industrial revolution requred a slightly more literate workforce than the agricultural sector, hence the education for all.
The technology is coming from one source, the Military.

Add the two up and you get whats called the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX!

Add on top the recedeing of religion which allowed the renaissance and the first breakthroughs to happen and this is what you get.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thats not realy true, the only major leap we made in the 20 century was the discovery of electricity, from there, the things that come from it cant realy be caled discoverys, just logical extensions

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
technology and knowlage compound itself, just like money. I do not belive we got our technology from aliens and i belive this is the first of many cycles, wouldnt there be things left over that dont wear down over time, like mine shafts or fossils or remnance on the moon? hold on because we are in for a ride, it only gets faster !

[edit on 30-10-2004 by loki_101]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Demand and supply topped with human desire to put in the least amount of effort has been the driving force behind all Quantum leaps.
Many cultures dont have or use these technologies or even miss them
Maybe the printing press had a lot to do with it, as has the internet
None of which would have been possible without taming fire discovery of the wheel and the ability to adapt to different enviroments

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i think aliens helped us get this far. cause back in the day we didnt have a car made yet. or phone. the phone was made in the early 1900's and now all of a sudden we got cell phones with internet and that. so i really think we got help to advance this far

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
my thinking, on the rise and fall of ancient civs and technology votes for the HAB theory i.e. global disasters, all the flood mythology, near gobal extinction and the real secret societies gaurding the histories and futures of the planet. proof? there is none . it's all under water

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why is this? I'm pretty sure as some others are that it is because of collective human thinking. Instead of being spread out across the globe, everyone is now just a mobile call away. It's the communication. Anyone aware of the pineal gland will also be aware of humans telepathic compatibility. In my own personal view, this was how humans communicated a long time ago. There is the bible mythology that everyone spoke the same language and in time and denser population it lead humans to great feats such as the Tower of Babel - whatever it turns out that was. It was such a great event and times say the bible that it made God worried enough that he(How could God be possibly worried about the achievements of mere humans?)proceeded to confuse the languages. Could this be a coded message about a suppression of the pineal gland forcing humans to speak an audible language?? I think it's a good theory. Unfortunately everything IS just a theory at the moment. There was one post that asked why we haven't found any great human achievements from the past if it turns out there were great civilisations? What annoys me most about reading these threads are the amount of non thinking posters on here. You can almost hear their brain's wheels going round. Anyone considered standing stones? Ever? Why do people think all the time about the current world technologies and close their minds off to other technologies? Standing stones and ley lines appear to be an exact science and requires ancient knowledge. This is the knowledge, then, that we have lost so stop looking for a superfast recordible DVD player buried under 2 miles of ice in Antarctica. You are much more likely to find technology so great you wouldn't even know what it was.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
I honestly believe it has to do with the crash in 1947 in roswelle. Where we got a lot of technology and had to reverse engineer.... Then we made a pact with the aliens and were traded technology for humans for experiments...

Just look back and notice how things began to pick up around the 50's.....

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by porschedrifter]

This makes a good point.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wonder if anybody has thought of the movie "Day After Tomorrow"?. It showed a little about what might have happened. More and more folks are starting to see that too. If we had a high tech society and then a sudden, drastic ice age came. it could take out most if not all of the tech, leaving the religious fanatics to rule. That would hold down most of the tech advances for many many years. Wouldn't want to be branded a witch now would you? I f you think that only the Christians are like that, well most religions are like that, God(s) are the only ones to hold the power, and priests are the front (wo)men. Here is one link talking about the sudden ice age, there are many many more. www.alternet.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Try these keywords:

Napoleon
Admiral Nelson
Rosetta Stone
Rosicrucian

Things go faster when you can read the blueprints. The Industrial Revolution had a jumpstart- from the past.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have the perfect answer for this question.

it is that prior to the industrial revolution, we had mind control organizations that of the priests and popes and mahatmas.

I have started a new topic on the "10,000 year old civilization", and I believe most of the answers will become obvious.

The guy who just put up about the movie "Day After Tomorrow" has got things right. But the thing is even before we can face something as a natural calamity... we are more endangered to face a nuclear war... and there are people who have known about this for years... learning from their past experience.

And that EXACTLY is the reason, the mind controllers have been in operation for so many years, until recently when they lost their power to the free thinkers.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join