It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning !! This will make you think!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
we steal techs from the future and bring them back to the past

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I think that the spark of growth is simply a result of an exponential curve. If you think about it, the more technology we get, the better, faster and more technology we can get out in less time.

Sorry if this has been talked about in more detail already, but take this example.

Would you rather have a million dollars now? or the results of a penny doubled every day for 30 days?

I go for the exponential curve idea and the penny...feel the "Quickening".

cheers,

StickyG

[edit on 8-7-2004 by StickyG]

[edit on 8-7-2004 by StickyG]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thats exactly what i was trying to say Jaypeth!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoy
Have you ever wondered how we advanced so much in the last 100 years than the last 10,000 years!?????

Think about trying to build a small shed with no hammer. A simple project is made so much more difficult with the exclusion of just 1 simple tool.

So imagine the amount of forward progress we were able to make with the introduction of each individual invention.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Has it occured to anyone yet, that man doesn't make humongous strides technologically until someone steps in to pay for it, or buy it?

Is there any evidence around to indicate that man used a wheel for transportation, before an Egyptian pharoah stepped in to put them on his chariots? I don't think so. History follows this pattern over and over. Find someone who wants to buy it, and it will get built.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You want the awnser?

Are you sure you are ready for it?

Do you really think you can handle it?

Its not what you think.

Its simple,

So simple you never thought of it.

Three little words.

Are you ready?

Here it comes.

THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD!!!!!!!!!!

(Edited by asala for using way too much space)

[edit on 14-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
we have advanced so much because we are not the same as we were 20,000 years ago. We have more materials, more tools, more scientific knowledge and a more profound genuine curiosity. Most of technology that have become common place started with a what if . . "What if I could have light without a candle or lamp?" the people who ask these questions and go about making their far fetched thoughts(in some cases) a reality are either complying to the laws of supply or demand or are just passionate about what they can conceive in their minds and making it a reality.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
all i can say is that we have been helped.....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It actually makes me wonder how advanced we really think we are. If we were so advanced then why are Rainforests dying, oceans being polluted, flora & fauna being eradicated, etc.? To me with an "advanced" culture comes "advanced" minds...and it appears we are still in the same place when it comes down to it. All the material things we have invented in the last 100-200 years are useless if the people controlling them cannot use them for good.

So, are we advanced. No

Personally, I think all those material things don't mean a thing if our minds have not evolved fast enough to use them for good.

Sorry, maybe I'm veering off subject here, but we are not as Technologically advanced as we would like to think. When the Roman Empire developed plumbing Im sure they thought they were the most advanced society at the time. All cultures think they are the most advanced because they cannot see what technology has yet to be invented. Plus, if you look at an historic timeline of the past, say, 500 years you will see a steady progression that built up over time. People tend to forget that electricity was discovered nearly 200 years ago, and what sort of power are we still using? Electricity. Nuclear power was discovered in say, the last 75 years, and its still for the most part the most powerful form of energy yet discovered. The development of computers, microwaves, etc. are really trivial offsprings of the larger picture...that being what powers them, what they run on, etc.

It was all discovered a long time ago, its just that we now have the means to mass produce it.

Only when the mind evolves will we experience true advancement!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Our industry improve us to a higher level than before.Advanced technology help us to catch aims what we want.But resources also have a very fast speed to be used,we have more and more environment promblems.That's our cost to advance...

aod

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It�s because for the last 100 years the west world where almost the most of todays technology comes from have been democratic countrys.

Our freedoms in the constitution have helped the new ideas and researching and experiment and have not been outlawed or surpressed buy an ignorant, conservative goverment and that have helped the scientists in their work.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
its due to the the simple fact that one idea leads to another. you can't invent the micro=chip until you have electricity...etc toss in enormous resources and a larger population to draw genious from, and its very simple and harmless......

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The so called huge leaps in technology began when we learned to harness electricity. Most of what many consider high technology is electricity based.

Once devices began to be made that utilised elctricity, the technology increased exponentially.

So this being, I am not sure that our technology has raised in level by a massive amount.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
the reason things advance so much is because there is a law, something like moores law (correct me if im wrong) that technology doubles every 18 months.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
terrence mckenna had a good explanation for this, in his "time wave zero" theory. he compared the electromagnetic cycles of the sun to the events of life, distant past and present. everytime there would be a peak or a valley in that particular solar influence (ie, any time the sun would go 'nuts'), it would coincide with a major historyical event. his culmination of this idea was how technology was progressing just as we were progressing towards that infamous date of 12/23/2012

Sorry if I'm being naive, but what happens on 12/23/2012?

This is the end of the "current world" by the Mayan Calendar
Although the claim that it's the "end of the world as we know it" is probably utter garbage

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
One thing no-one here seems to have mentioned is the fact that there are more people on the planet, all with better education, all thinking up their own variations on themes, being driven by consumer desire for new toys to occupy and entertain ever shorter attention spans. Our "Progress" is as such.

A much more poinient topic of thought should surely be "How far have we digressed in the last 100 years?"

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes,all this technology does add to the vanity of Man, sometimes hindering his developement spiritually ,I was told.
For you Christians,"What good does it to gain the whole world and lose thy soul?"
A primitive person is just as likely to be advanced spititually,in fact maybe much more,than a modern man.For you think you are in control of your envoirnment. primitive may have had his superstitions,but these were based on tales of deities deciding things.
I thought it all primitive superstition myself until I was shown a few things. Even an animal can be a superiour soul. This was misconstrued as Satanism or nature worship.
Indeed the Visitors claimed to be animals formerly,and who is more advanced?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ancient civilizations were advanced. There's been quite a bit on this.
I think we
re at the
point now
where we
nuke each
other then
start all over
again.

what a waste. If we truly were an intelligent race we would develop into super humans, longevity would be 600 yrs old. We will never learn.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe someday we'll get it right.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join