It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning !! This will make you think!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I think that the spark of growth is simply a result of an exponential curve. If you think about it, the more technology we get, the better, faster and more technology we can get out in less time.

agreed. It also comes from major advancements. The thing is, that we have had more of these advancements in the past 150 years then the rest of history combined. Things like combustion, DNA, flight, computers, antibiotics - these were all discovered because our society has become much more specialized. That is why, as someone said before, we can't actually build anything ourselves.
We as humans have gotten to the point where we do what we do best as individuals (for the most part) because we have society to support what we do not do. I have never raised my own farm animals or grown my own crops - someone does that for me. Yet there has not been a day in my life that either were not readilly available. It is the idea of credit that we know as the monetary system that fuels our growth, and in such an open and global market as we have seen, people wish to progress technologically to progress economically.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oddly enough in my life time 1968 to today I see very little advancement in my 35 years. What I see is minor improvements of allready created things and minor adjustments to some theory. Other than that we have had very few awe inspiring breakthroughs. We are just refining and using tech allready discovered years past.

Even Stephen Hawkings disoveries did nothing to improve the human condition. I guess cloning would be the exception to this. Nano tech has not achieved anything to date but is probably another area we are moving forward.

Just seems like we are at a crawl in discoveries these days.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Google search for Philip Corso and get back to me.

And I thought I was the only one.

Here we have the highest ranking military official yet to come forward with what he knows of the coverup, and everyone dismisses him as a nutcase.

Unfortunately the gov. disinformation machine is still operating in full swing.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just watched a video with an interview with Corso and I fully believe he witnessed first-hand UFO technology.

-psd_1

Originally posted by ravenspear

Originally posted by jhova
Google search for Philip Corso and get back to me.

And I thought I was the only one.

Here we have the highest ranking military official yet to come forward with what he knows of the coverup, and everyone dismisses him as a nutcase.

Unfortunately the gov. disinformation machine is still operating in full swing.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by psd_1]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by psd_1
I just watched a video with an interview with Corso and I fully believe he witnessed first-hand UFO technology.

Which video was this?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
we just love to kiss our own a$$e$$ don't we.Philip Corso, one of the highest ranking military officials ever came out and told the world about the recovery of the crash at Roswell and the back engineering of the technology.What is funny is how we question him, but not our own government who has been killing its own and other people, and lying to its people for their own personal gain since day one!! The problem is, we know our government is bogus. Even the hard core skeptics know this.BUt it come down to fear.We know the corrupt things that our goind on but no one wants to do anything about.WE are scared, and we do what is easy which is follow along in the assembly line life, and do as we are told, when we KNOW in our hearts what really is going on.It is those people who are so materialistic that they want to get things for themselves in a materialistic world, rather than be a part of something that could mean being a part of something bigger and more meaningful than themselves.Going against the grain is the hard part, that no one wants, it is easier to deny things that are not as understandable because it is easy to do so.We need to quit being so scared of things, and knucke up and get's some COHONES and prepare for the revolution!!

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
1. The entire planet is becoming almost completely secular, in which religious views are no longer plaguing or inhibiting revolutionary ideas.

2. The other thing is that the entire human family has been sharing ideas in order to improve the innovations and ideas. The language barrier no longer exists in this entire planet.

Genesis 11:1,5-8 "And the whole world was of one language, and of one speech. And the Lord came down to see the city and tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they all have one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city."

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You see for years people were nomads. Once they started to form cities, and began to specialize they became smarter, and more civilized.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I believe it to be the combined effect of a few things. There have been continuing advancements in all areas of our existance, agriculture which is able to support many more people per farmer, Medicine that helps people live healthier ect. These things lead to a ever larger population. This also frees up the person that has a natural aptitude for engineering to be an engineer and not have to worry about farming to feed his family. Also with the increase in population, from a statistical standpoint, if there is 1 super-genius per every 100,000 people there are simply more of the super thinkers with the larger population. With the ever increasing ease of travel and communication, collabaration is much easier. So it would seem that this all should come together and the gains would follow an exponential curve. Of course this would not be a constant, there would still be periods of slow gains and then spikes. But you get the idea. Just my opinion anyway

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by StoneHook]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have always sat and wondered how we could advance so quickly in such a short space of time to the point that our inventions and technology are superceding our own inventiveness.

How would my great grandparents have reacted to the idea that in 2004 they could be jetting around the world in under 24 hrs, that they could be talking to people via a computer (that talks back), that the idea of colonising mars may actually be a reality rather than a pipedream, that life really does exist in the outer reaches of space and that maybe just maybe we will invent the method that leads to time travel.

I think there have always been people that were ahead in their day (nostradamus springs to mind) but in this lifetime there just happens to be technology that we have created that is bringing more and more people with such skills to the fore.

Bec

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i always think about that

check it out

1804 was not that different from 1904 in america

but 1904 was a different world than 2004

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ask and ye shall recieve...

my thoughts that are not really mine;

that the history that you have been taught is done so for the advancement of your spiritual progression. this means compression of time, lies, and ignorance of "your" past history and accomplishments...

in other words its like a game where once you beat one level you start another one, maybe with another character, maybe retaining some of the core skills attained after the previous level, or maybe just dumb and blind to that which you would term an "environment"...

either way it goes this is for your benifit, as all things that happen to YOU are for YOUR benifit; but maybe, just maybe, your questings are also signs of "more to come"

just keep asking questions, keep seeking; truth seekers are the worlds saviours, as Strider puts it mildly: yet, always remember, questions that you prose that come from within are ultimately only satisfied when innerstood from whence they came...

but we are human and part of the human experience is to share...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Greetings.

I really don't see why this advancement is so big deal.....We have not progressed that far, at least officially.

Advancement comes in cycles, the destruction of many societies in the past has evolved the sciences gradually. In each civilisation, there is a peak of advancement and gradual cyclic destruction *Tower of Babel anyone ?*

The societies in all ages reach their peaks, then they collapse and are joined into a new culture, that emerges from the collapse. Thus advancement ensues.

Natural law of evolution and progression, that's all.

BF.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
One of the main reasons is the popular form of govt...in Auth. govts (dictators, communism)...there is no driving reason for an individual to produce anything...no personal gain is to be achieve...now..as the planet is becoming capitalist and competing with one another...its one large boost to more technology forward...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well damn!We humans are the smartest!!We can find a way to nuke an entire race of people, but we can't even find a way to wipe our own a$$e$$ without destroying half of the trees on our planet.We are the most anatomically alike species on the planet, yet racism (oh yes I said it!!) still exists today, and millions have been killed because our beliefs are not the same, yeah we are super smart!!We know that cigarettes kill thousands, but they are still legal, and people continue to smoke them.Yeah...We are geniuses!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and "KNOWLEDGE" shall be increased.
It was foretold in the bible that in the last days knowledge would be increased and that many would run (travel quickly, cars, trains and planes) to and fro. We see the proof of this before our eyes. Only in these last 100 years have we had the technology we see today. The reason for this increase is to help the Anti-Christ enslave the masses. Most of this new technology is a twoedged sword, it can be used to help us or enslave us. Example: GPS systems in cars are great to help you find your way, but it can also be used to find you if you don't go along with the program or speak out against it. Television can be a great tool to help us learn, but it can also be used to pervert us. Camera phones can be great to share photos with others, but they can also be used to watch us without our knowledge. The list goes on. I don't know how it was done, but almost everything we use can be used for good or evil. A gun can be used to protect or kill. a knife can carve a turkey or cut your throat, electricity can light your house and can also light you up. perfume smells sweet but is poison if you drink it, Humans need water to survive, but too much water can kill you. This amazing rule applies to almost everything we use.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I noticed the comment in this thread regarding the lack of artifactual evidence of sentient species that lived in during the previous cycles on Earth.

This point is true, if an intelligent species did exist would they not create artifacts that we could eventually discover?

Upon deeper ponderance though one can easily ascertain the reason why we lack such evidence. Look around at the problems we are facing with our current artifacts/technology. They are poorly adapted, often consuming far more resources to create than what constitutes them, while producing disturbing amounts of toxic substances in the process. Once created they are then disposed of in yet another poorly adapted way.

Any advanced species worth it's salt would have eventually perfected it's technology, making it both useful for it's duty cycle, and with little or no environmental impact in either it's creation or disposal. It would have also taken the time to clean up the mistakes of it's past.

Where are the artifacts of the past? All around us and in us, perfectly self re-integrated into the natural environment, bar those things actually intended to leave a lasting message.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoy
Have you ever wondered how we advanced so much in the last 100 years than the last 10,000 years!?????

When I really think about it I find it extremely odd. It's hard to grasp at first because you never really think about it, but when you look at history in general, the last 100 years stand out in terms of advancement in many things.

Any intake?

I've thought about this a lot too. But I started my thinking at the 1500 and 1600s when the compasses and Piri Reis map stuff came to bear. In the Da Vinci time frame. I mean...did Da Vinci come through a time machine or did someone visit him or did he uncover some ancient library of knowledge that had been previously misplaced. The same can be said for the last 100 years...but I think Da Vinci kicked it off with his concepts in the 1500s that came to bear in the last 100 years. I find this all very fascinating.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I think with the USA being born and capitalism spreading all over the world really made our descendents bust their chops to find new and innovative ways to get rich. Inventions flurished and minds like Edison really pushed the envelope. Then came modern physics and everything changed. Now our electronic devices has already enslaved most of us
, Now what?

I think it's arrogant (I'm not saying you are) to suggest that progress resides with America. I agree the desire for riches is a motivator...but it has been throughout time. In terms of Edison pushing the envelope...he certainly did...but so did Da Vinci and Galileo and too many to name. In terms of "modern physics"...I don't think ti's modern necessarily...I think we started studying the past more, following the Egyptian learnings and the Italians and the Spanish. I don't think electronics say crap about what we can do...aside from deliver messages and spread words and ideas faster. I think it's high time that innovation get off the computer and back into practical devices of daily living or less practical devices that could raise imagination and life to a whole new level.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The catholic church definatly was a player in holding the advancement of man back. Ancient Greeks and Romans were incredibly advanced, then came Christianity and 1500 years of darkness. If the A-bomb was created 1000 years ago do you think we would be here today?

This made me wonder...do you think there was a nuclear war wiping out period, some survived and had a vision that peace and goodness was the only way to defeat the future wipe outs. The Jesus story was elevated, they wrote the Bible with Eden as the starting over point as the ideal and tried to educate the remaining populus on potential evils in the attempt to supress future gains that would lead to civilization, money greed and war. Maybe the clamp down of Christianity was an attempt to keep the next wipe out from happening. Of course, men in their nature have different ideas and some long for money and war. Eventually the balance swings back. And the war mongers have to invoke the name of God to carry on what the book was intending to supress in the first place? Just some rambling thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join