It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91 year old SS war criminal holds up pharmacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

91 year old SS war criminal holds up pharmacy

--.com

An elderly convicted German war criminal was fined 1600 euro ($2850) by a court on Wednesday for a holding up a Belgian pharmacy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I must say I have always found it odd that the same state that gave orders can then charge those that obeyed-these seems like a bizzare contradiction that might well break the basic prinicples of law, after all it appears to be a case of damned if you so and damned if you dont. Not that I have the slightest sympathy for Nazi war criminals.

--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
To a certain extend I agree with you but you should not forget that the SS consisted of volunteers. So he chose freely to join the most feared military unit of world war II.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

But it also shouldn't be forgotten that psychology like mob mentality, peer pressure, conformity, fear, persuasion, .etc is all wrapped up within the 'volunteer' process.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rinorino2

Actually Nazi War Criminals were tried and sentenced by military tribunal, under a framework established by the US secretary of War, Stalin, and Churchill.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

I think that was initially, in later decades thr trials were an internal affair.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
different government...imagine if the us govt was overthrown and the seals were used by gw to take out groups of revolters? when the change occured, we would try the seals as war criminals, even though they were following orders...remember, history is written by the victors..and thats in all aspects.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I am not sure that would be the case. Don't get me wrong I am all for charging and punishing war criminals, especially in relation to the holocaust-I just wonder if this man has an interesting legal argument.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rinorino2
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I am not sure that would be the case. Don't get me wrong I am all for charging and punishing war criminals, especially in relation to the holocaust-I just wonder if this man has an interesting legal argument.

Sure he does... "I'm in my 90's, I robbed a store with my cane" That's damn interesting to me

I bet he's wanting to relive the old days...when countries didn't get so upitty when you robbed them

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
To a certain extend I agree with you but you should not forget that the SS consisted of volunteers. So he chose freely to join the most feared military unit of world war II.

Perhaps your confused between YOUR definition of "volunteer" and HITLER'S definition of "volunteer".

Here's a hint: Hitlers view of "volunteering" is a bit more "compulsory" than the Red Cross's version of "volunteering" which I am sure you are thinking of.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

According to studies that I have done the SS was strictly voluntary. In fact the drop out rate from the SS was extremely high as were suicides. According to sources that i have looked at no pressure was applied to those that couldnt hack tossing kids in mass graves-they were allowed to drop out.

top topics

join