It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's been screwing the tax man over?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
find out on this website webofdeception, which has some really interesting court and tax documents of many politicians and famous people who have been less than honest in their accounting of who owes what to who. also includes some other interesting bits of information.

examples include -

Our analysis into the land ownership of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband revealed that the Speaker and her husband bought two pieces of property from Joseph E. Seagrams and Sons, the liquor company on March 25, 1999. Current records from the District of Columbia show that one of the properties is now back in Seagram's name but the address Seagram's is using is the address of the Paul and Nancy Pelosi Charitable Foundation.

A Pelosi spokeperson stated that the tax collector has been in error for 9 years as to who owns the property. For this to be correct, then the accountants and tax preparers for Pelosi or Seagrams (a contributor 5 months before the property sale) did not notice there was an error for nine years. The Pelosi's received a statement that showed another owner of their property for nine years. Conversely Seagram's did not receive statements from D.C. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, Speaker Pelosi was prohibited from deducting the property tax for the last nine years.

In the course of the webofdeception.com Pelosi research we found that the District of Columbia is holding credit balances and accounts receivables from CitiBank that Speaker Pelosi lost track of

also

Henry Paulson, 5 weeks before he became Treasury Secretary, got a FANNIE MAE/FREDDIE MAC 30 year fix mortgage/loan for his 82 year old mother in May 2005 for 5.37%, below rate

and

Barack and Michelle Obama's voters registration records show the last time they voted was 1998.

have a read through the homepage

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This link was posted in the www.enterprisecorruption.com...

webofdeception.com...

I was just thinking that someone should start a thread on this

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Since the taxman just turns it over as interest to the Fed - who the hell cares if the bankers get screwed.

The term tax payer should be changed to chump.

The reality is they've been screwing us all along - Screw the taxman & screw the Fed they are the real criminals.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I hate taxes...especially since they are not constitutional..

FREE WESLEY SNIPES!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

everyone hates paying taxes. it's just that some who can afford to pay them seem to think they can get away with not paying them or pulling so many scams to pay less than they should.

however, you most likely would get jailed if you tried some of the things listed on the page.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

1. Nancy Pelosi. Read that again. There was a problem with her real estate taxes and, as a result, she wasn't allowed to deduct the taxes for 9 years. If she owned the property, she got screwed not the taxman.
2.Paulson got a low interest rate loan. This translates into a smaller deduction on the tax return. This means an increase in taxes. Not screwed.
3. How does the Obama voting record translate into taxes? It doesn't.

Ok, now that we got the truth out of the way, here's what's important to note about the items above.

Paulson was landing below market loans (like Senate Banking Committee Chairman Dodd). Lower rates while the rest of the country is getting screwed.

The Obama's don't vote? I find this hard to believe. If it is true, it's frightening. I think he had a record of not voting on things as a senator but elections themselves? Just as bad, if not worse.

Pelosi's Real Estate transaction -Sounds like they might have bought it and transferred it to their foundation or done some similar kind of transaction. This is where the taxman might have been screwed. Given that the folks doing the research and reporting seem to not have a clue, I'd say you need more facts before deciding what exactly is wrong here, if anything at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

if you read my opening post, you will see i said "also includes some other interesting bits of information" and also stated before i quoted 'examples include".

i was merely quoting some of the interesting bits from the site.

if you read the site, you will see there are plenty of others who have been screwing the taxman and also non-tax related but nonetheless interesting stories. i just picked a handful for an example of content.

it's a large amount of who's who information to lay out here and not being american, i just picked three names at random that i had heard of.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

well then, that's a rather misleading title. In all three examples, nobody's screwing the taxman.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by justyc

well then, that's a rather misleading title. In all three examples, nobody's screwing the taxman.

semantics

it reads fine to me in that you will find out who is screwing the taxman if you read the site i linked to, as i ask the reader to do in the opening paragraph. i never stated anywhere that the people i quoted were guilty of it.

examples of said interesting stories include.... 3 different interesting stories.

if you don't want to find out who is screwing the taxman then don't click on the link and read the page.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

it's misleading. you say who's been screwing the taxman and then post three paragraphs about three political figures, none of which seems to be screwing the taxman. The taxpayers? sure but not the taxman.

You're implying that there's some tax shenanigans in your post and you give three examples.

Case in point, the posts immediately after your OP, including your second post, all seem to be focused on folks screwing the IRS. (taxman).

again, let me point out that, in the examples cited, two of them are actually paying more taxes as a result of their shenanigans and the third was tossed in, presumably, to knock Obama.

new topics

top topics

join