It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Poll Numbers "Plummet" --WaPo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
The only reason this thread survives is because most of you are swallowing what the Mainstream Media has been feeding you. You seem to forget that this establishment reaches far beyond the cameras, the newscasters, the news programs, etc. It reaches polls too! Hell, even the debate scheduled tonight is going to be liberally biased.

VP Moderator Ifill Has Anti-Palin Bias

Ever compare facial expressions of the mainstream when they interview a Democrat as opposed to a Republican? Unfortunately, there are lots of people swayed by "body language" and don't even realize it.

I still thing Sarah Palin speaks better than Barack Obama without a teleprompter.

Alright... You often use the phrase MSM... Why on earth do you us the same logic that FOX pushes with every cycle? With any given day I can check your posts and know what FOX is jiving about in the last 24.

I know some off the grid conservatives and they never talk about liberal bias. THAT is
a FOX NEW SEAN H./ RUSH talking point. You are plugged in to the MSM like no other!
I would not say it if I did not know better and I DO. I have read many of your posts and it seems your entire pollitical world veiw is a carbon copy of FOX and MSM talking points.

For christ sake man, you use the same phrases that I here on FOX, you use the same logic... It seems you suffer from self inflicted programing. The funniest thing, is when you talk about liberals it sounds like you are refering to dirty camals. Hell, we are all human beings here. I don't mind you being full blown consevative, but I take exception
to the PRE CANNED hate recitals you give.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Biden 12% ---Palin 88%

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a text in poll on Fox News!!!!!! We saw it and all cracked up!!! Let me know when you wake up so I can laugh at you more!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!

(and a little laughing face for good measure)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Heck, the first presidential debate was no different -- if you believe FAUX, McSame won handsomely, based on SMS polling.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Even my 11 year old daughter complained in frustration that she could have attempted to answer at least one of the questions. While she certainly has honed her presentation, the only thing she proved was that with enough "cramming", she can successfully dodge any question, at least under the format of this particular debate. She didn't do any favors for her campaign, and I feel the praise she's receiving will be short lived, as people pick it apart, and discover that she essentially stood up there and gave a campaign speech.

Again, if this were a highschool debate competition, she would have done an admirable job. But that's not the case. The purpose of this debate is to help the people make an informed decision on who they think is more qualified for the position, and I think her responses only served to reinforce Biden's superior qualifications.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What I see is a lot of people frustrated that she didn't fall on her face. So many of you thought that she was going to be a bumbling idiot because you base your opinions on the MSM's interviews like Katie Couric's questions and you drink whatever the MSM serves you. Heck, I don't know of another Supreme Court case decision right off the top of my head, either other than Roe v Wade and I know there are a lot of you out there that can't either. But does that make you stupid? According to Katie Couric it does.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
What I see is a lot of people frustrated that she didn't fall on her face. So many of you thought that she was going to be a bumbling idiot because you base your opinions on the MSM's interviews like Katie Couric's questions and you drink whatever the MSM serves you. Heck, I don't know of another Supreme Court case decision right off the top of my head, either other than Roe v Wade and I know there are a lot of you out there that can't either. But does that make you stupid? According to Katie Couric it does.

Sure, there's a lot of detractors that are frustrated that she didn't fall on her face. She did an excellent job of treading water, she just didn't swim anywhere. What we ALL should be frustrated about, is the fact that she didn't answer any of the questions. As I stated previously, the purpose of the debate is not, I repeat, not to "survive", or "not fall on her face". The purpose is to prove your ticket is more qualified for the office, which she never even got close to accomplishing. Had she been forced to stick to the questions, then all those that you're speaking about would have gotten to see her "fall on her face".

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Gov. Palin isn't being coached to answer any questions. I think she is
being specifically groomed to appeal to the type of voter that could care less about the issues. The type of folks that look at "People" magazine, watch Jerry Skinner and base their opinions on everything from a subjective, emotional, gut level, perspective and are more than willing for
someone like Rush/Shawn make their political decisions for them.

From this perspective; Gov. Palin was brilliant.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What I see is a lot of people frustrated that she didn't fall on her face.

No, you see a lot of frustrated people because she did not answer any questions! That was not debating......I don't know what to call it, but not a debate. It was like she had these responses ready to go...and no questions to fit them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Gov. Palin isn't being coached to answer any questions. I think she is
being specifically groomed to appeal to the type of voter that could care less about the issues.

Right you are. I was watching the audience reaction indicator, and most positive reading happened when Palin would deliver another sixpack truism. When Biden went on to explain some of the more complex subjects in international affairs, the line was flat -- people either didn't care or could not comprehend.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I also found it interesting that not even Palin herself comprehended her own response when asked about her responsibilities as Vice President. She told us how "John" wanted her "leading", uh, disabled children etc.. She herself didn't even realize that she's being used for campaign purposes, and if McCain wins, he'll "sweep her under the rug", and get her out of the way.

I don't support either ticket, but I'd rather have a guy with minimal experience, who has a VP with irrefutable qualifications to draw upon for advise, than a guy who's "experience" consists of getting shot down and captured, who has nobody else to turn to for advice on critical issues.

I really loved Palins comments about how McCain "knows how to win a war". Oh, and also, I'm still looking for some insight on exactly what we are going to "win" in Iraq. Is there a prize I don't know about?

The only thing more depressing than Palins performance, is the shear number of people who actually think she did a great job. The ignorance of our population surely knows no bounds, does it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Hey, where is that I told you so you owe to everybody.

You hit it on the nail.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I was glad she didn't fall on her face... Once again who is drinking MSM? Did you know
PALIN went a second day to "fix" her answers and give a better performance? You talk about it like Palin was forced to give the answers she did. IMO PALIN is in this race to
be a catalist for the boo hoo, back nine folks who are, low information and feeling like their perspective is not reflected by any of the men. I say low information because I heard ZERO substance... none. The avergerage indy is usually very well informed and very substantive unfortunate for the GOP this time. The BUSHISM'S and PALINISM'S will not work this time around. I suppose you think the term's MAVERICK, REAL HERO and the rest will substitue for specifics. I just think PALIN is not a game changer. You already have the BAC and RNP and the base, she was good for that... Be greatful!
I love PALIN! I hope she goes out more and keeps it up...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Heck, I don't know of another Supreme Court case decision right off the top of my head, either other than Roe v Wade and I know there are a lot of you out there that can't either. But does that make you stupid?

Hey wait a second... First off, I can say that ATS doesn't care too much about your knowledge of Supreme Court decision... Further, to choose you personally as a benchmark for judging Palin is a little silly, ain't it.

And here is this: Palin went on record as recently as in June (I saw the video) expressing dissapointment over the Supreme Court decision regarding penalties on Exxon. So heck yeah, she did spend time reading the case and following the Court proceedings. For some strange reason she chose not to mention it -- either she has a severe case of amnesia, or listen to this:

my theory is that since Exxon contributed generously to McCain's campaign, she elected to keep silence on the Supreme Court decision that she spent so much time and effort trying to fight (the decision limited penalties leveled at Exxon). If that's true, which I think it is, she demonstrated once and for all that the GOP ticket is in the pocket of Big Oil.

She was anti-Exxon before she was on the ticket, now she is pro-Exxon.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
She was anti-Exxon before she was on the ticket, now she is pro-Exxon..

I agree with you completely, I think that's exactly why she didn't mention it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join