It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Poll Numbers "Plummet" --WaPo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Nope. I wouldn't. I believe in personal responsibility, not handouts from the government.

I must say I am very impressed with this part. My hats off to you. If only many more felt this way we would have never been in this fiasco in the first place.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It isn't even going to matter how good Palin is tonight. The media is out to destroy her. She is one of the regular people, and we all know you can't have that down in Washington.

While the media is at it, maybe they'd like to ask Joe Biden a follow up question about who was the President of the United States when the Great Depression first hit. According to Joe Biden when he was asked by a reporter it was "Roosevelt." Don't believe me? Find the clip on youtube. If that had been Palin giving that answer it would have been run over and over for 5 hours on all the news channels.

No, people with an IQ above 75 know what is going on here. In a way it's probably better for Sarah Palin, she doesn't deserve this kind of treatment from these so called Journalists. They all talk about experience like it matters now. Where were those questions in 2000 when GWB was running? Oh that's right, it helps when your daddy tell the press to shut up and look busy. And while we are at it? Who is ever experienced enough to be President until they take the job?

Keep living the lie, it's almost over...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think if she outdo Biden this will go down as the biggest political ploy in history. When she came out she was an instant hit, at least with Republicans. She looked confident, charming, charismatic, and articulate. Then suddenly, she was locked away, no longer looked confident, seemed confused and troubled when speaking. Even to many she just looked dumb on the issues.

Tonight, the real Sara Palin will be back. I think it was a ploy to lessen her popularity up to the debate. She does good at the debate her popularity rises again headed into the home stretch of the election when it is needed the most.

Remember, this is the same woman who had the pressure of the world on her shoulder right before the convention. McCain campaign was being second guessed, his campaign was lacking, party not united, Palin and family were being slammed hard, and she rose up to the moment.

This is exactly what I posted in the VP debate thread, but I was made fun of for it. Go check it out. If we're right, I'll be back here posting my "I told you so" responses to everyone who ridiculed me with the biggest eat-sh** grin on my face.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Tonight, the real Sara Palin will be back. I think it was a ploy to lessen her popularity up to the debate. She does good at the debate her popularity rises again headed into the home stretch of the election when it is needed the most.
Remember, this is the same woman who had the pressure of the world on her shoulder right before the convention. McCain campaign was being second guessed, his campaign was lacking, party not united, Palin and family were being slammed hard, and she rose up to the moment.

Hmm this was really something to make me ponder.
You see when I was young I would hang out in bars, and play that "young" dumb kid throwing darts into the wall, and making it seem like I couldnt throw a dart to save myself.
I would then find some smuck, and get some money down. Play a couple bad throws at the start of the game of cricket.
I would let my mark get a comfy lead.
Thats when I started throwing hat tricks into the bulls. Out scoring, and putting my mark so far behind that he could not win the game by closing out his numbers alone.

I think you get the drift.. This is a game folks, and this very well could be what is happening. I guess we will see in a couple hours.
Going to watch this debate myself.
Lets see if Palin is really a shark

Edit.. hehe the poster above me posted his thought first! Werid man.. We are on the same page about here. And typing this all out about the same time.. Spooky!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Must say eerily similar. Are we related? I just feel her popularity would have ran out of gas by the time the election started. Kinda like happened to Obama. Too much popularity can hurt you. She dumbed down, kept low profile, now she can show she is capable and also willing to improve. Popularity rises right into the home stretch. She seems too smart and sarcastic to let couric control her like she did. There is something to this. Guess we will have to wait and see. Hey you ever find info on that Mccain bypass Congress thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If Sarah Palin does great tonight as some of you are suggesting, look more closely, that is Tina Fey.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I must say I am very impressed with this part. My hats off to you. If only many more felt this way we would have never been in this fiasco in the first place.

Thanks. My parents raised me in that old school "if you don't work, you don't eat" way.

[edit on 10/2/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The participants have been given the questions. .

NO WAY! really? I thought that they were only given the general subject but not the questions.

Well .. color me surprised!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Does anyone have any sources they can link supporting the notion that Palin and or Biden received the questions already?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If Sarah Palin does great tonight as some of you are suggesting, look more closely, that is Tina Fey.

Also look to see if Gov. Palin wears her hair down tonite to hide an earpeice to be coached from the sidelines.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The only reason this thread survives is because most of you are swallowing what the Mainstream Media has been feeding you. You seem to forget that this establishment reaches far beyond the cameras, the newscasters, the news programs, etc. It reaches polls too! Hell, even the debate scheduled tonight is going to be liberally biased.

VP Moderator Ifill Has Anti-Palin Bias

Ever compare facial expressions of the mainstream when they interview a Democrat as opposed to a Republican? Unfortunately, there are lots of people swayed by "body language" and don't even realize it.

I still thing Sarah Palin speaks better than Barack Obama without a teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
John McCain put hapless Sarah in this position. She is uneducated and still the mayor of Mayberry, Alaska. She has absolutely no idea of what to do as VP and was likely so surprised and honored at being selected she couldn't say no. Who would, in her position? Unfortunately, she is too ignorant to know what she doesn't know ... which is apparently most current events, US and world history, economics, and national politics. She has some other skeletons that may come out before the election. McCain did not vet her very well and was hoping that she could fake it. Faking it works for communications classes at Podunk U, mayoral politics, and the Alaskan governorship when the other candidates are being investigated for corruption. It doesn't work for presidential elections. The Press is merciless. Sarah will have to put on her big girl panties and duke it out with the pros.

Smooth move, John. Your stubborn, arrogant self planned for your election with this little ploy but you neglected to select with an eye for what was best for the country. What was wrong with Kay Bailey or other experienced Republican women? You are totally out of touch with reality and the people you expect will vote for you. They have one house and know it. They make only $4.9 million a year so they are "middle class." You are over 70 and actuaries say you have an 80% chance of living out your first term. Did you consider that when you gave us this cheerleader?

John, you are a good man but you will not make a good president. You made an abysmal executive decision and put poor Sarah Airhead in a bad position. Now you are hoping for dumb luck to carry this off. Dumb luck always runs out. Retire in glory, John, and let those with vision run the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think she will surprise us. It is so much better to be in a position where you are underestimated.

It's just too bad that she ended up in that position to start with.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Some of you guys are being WAY to judgemental on Mrs. Palin. So far, from what I've seen of the debate, she appears to know the facts and is holding herself particularly well.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Also look to see if Gov. Palin wears her hair down tonite to hide an earpeice to be coached from the sidelines.

No earpiece. Her hair was pulled back off her ears tonight. No, it wasn't Tina Fey. Seems to me she did pretty damned good and kicked ass as I am sitting here listening to even Mainstream Media PRAISING her performance!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I felt that if Palin used the over hackneyed term "maverick" one more time, I would puke (and clearly, Bidden almost did!). She failed to answer almost any question that was asked her, but instead made up her own answers "to her own questions" during the debate (to which the non astute probably missed). Also note that she appealed for MORE POWER of the vice presidency than Chenney now holds!!!! Yea, Right, where do I sign?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Biden 12% ---Palin 88%
Palin looked at the camera, and talked to the audience. No editing, no cutting room floor. Just Sarah Palin cleaning Old Joe's clock!
I think some people, especially those in the Media, owe the lady an apology.
I think her numbers will be up even higher tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Agreed. Her and McCain choose to use sentences and words that aren't even an answer to the questions asked and seem to hope colorful descriptions of self-chosen topics carry more weight within the viewers ears. It seems to work for others and it's dumbfounding to watch.

Both sides call the other a liar and I'm sure both sides are.
we're screwed..

b

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Well I don't know what to say except offer you my opinion. Palin didn't give Tina Fey enough material to work with (oh there was some! *wink*). However, not being disastrous doesn't somehow translate to being an ideal VP candidate.

She could say it well, she could say it horribly, it wouldn't change the substance of what she actually said.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join