It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did ATS exist in 1969

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ah... this has been covered here before but I can't remember what the outcome was, believe it had something to do with theowners of the site though.
Bah... I loose ATS points here for my poor memory...
Oh wait, the search...
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread365298/pg1
That should work. If I made a typo, let me know, don't have copyapaste on this thing...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
just a glitch. Adundant one, but nothing more than a glitch. SO has exlained in detail before. Im really to lazy to search for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That member is different from this member, anyway, it seems to be a kind of SQL server database error, hope it is rectified soon.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Perhaps you've discovered the original members of the 1969 secret society of conspiracies?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by enjoies05

Correct.

That member has never logged into ATS. That's why it says 1969. Those threads were never created on ATS, but moved to ATS from SportzTawk

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Trust

No

One

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The "why 1969" part is explained in the thread that Gemwolf posted. The short version is:

As far as UNIX/Linux based computer systems are concerned, the universe began on January 1, 1970. Sometimes in a UNIX-based database, a query will result in a negative number in the date/time field; this will be expressed as December 31, 1969.

No big mystery, and it happens all over the internet. Google "1969 database glitch" if you want better explanations.

As for who John Lear is, try reading the ATS Issues thread from page one, follow links, and do your own research. You'll get more info than you could possible want. Please don't make the mods and admins go through the whole story again. Please?

EDIT: added link. Note, whenever you see "JL" or "jl" that usually means John Lear. For people like me who had never heard of him, it was a bit confusing, but there it is.

[edit on 10/2/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Fine, dont get tensed I have not seen the other thread regarding this before, and I posted with a thought that our ats will be better than before, with no errors in the systems.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hi there gemwolf, I see that all members and also yourself have posted the link to a big discussion regarding this, I didnt know about that as I was not a member at that time, any inconvenience is regretted.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
And thanks to all of the members for giving the link to a earlier thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We had a thread about this very glitch a long time ago.
Around the same time I noticed the same date - December 31, 1969 - appearing on several other websites, unrelated to ATS.

I don't remember how exactly it was explained, but it was (rather obviously
), a computer-related glitch.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

No problem here - glad your question was solved

top topics

<< 1   >>

join