It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why American culture is deteriorating

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The US is not the worst or the most evil country in the world....

Whoever says this has no idea of what is happening in the rest of the world.

I lived in Europe for 10 years. I remember as I would walk out of a movie theater and i would see groups of people on the streets at night shooting up drugs in plain sight in main streets. I remember the crime rate in the 80s in Spain was pretty bad, just as bad as in the States.
There are gay people in Europe, transvestites (sp) etc (if you want to call that lifestyle as evil) Europe was the first place where all these things began to happen out in the open.

I was almost mugged several times in Spain. My father was mugged a couple of times as he came out of work. I remember as a child how one day as i was going home from school I heard from my mom that the daughter of a neighboor had been stabbed to death by another girl just to steal the lunch money from the little girl, she was 8 years old.

Spain and "ALL" of Europe have their share of crime, but i think that they do not announce it so much in the news as they do in the United States. I think the media in America is partly at fault for how the rest of the world sees us.

Most of the crimes they would announce in Spain were only mayor crimes. If a person was mugged, killed, assasinated or commited suicide it normally didn't run in the news.

If you think the US is the worse place in the world maybe you should visit Africa, Cuba, Haiti, China, the middle east or some of the countries of the former USSR.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's like the rat cage experiment, really. You put too many rats in a cage, and they'll tear each other to pieces. Are they evil, or just frustrated because they don't have enough space anymore?

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join