It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of Aliens in Entertainment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was just curious about something...I know that the majority of film/tv has always portrayed aliens/ufo's in a negative light. My question is: Was anything involving extraterrestrials in the public light pre-Roswell, as in radio, comic books, movies etc.? What was the origin of them in regards to public awareness? Did people just start making up wild stories after Roswell or had anyone before the crash been writing anything close to it within the public's knowledge?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
well H.G Wells' war of the worlds aired on the radio in....1930 something correct me if i am wrong. Roswell was in the 40's, so to answer your question yes aliens were in the media before Roswell. But i think i think Roswell kind of pushed into the more mainstream.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know that came out that early. I remember in 11th grade English we watched the 1950's movie version but I remember the teacher saying that the aliens were a metaphor for the Russians during the Cold War.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All I know is that Aliens and their take-over ploys were a way to deal with the threat of communism at the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Orson Wells' radio version was in 1938, but the original story is from 1898.

H. G. Wells wrote many stories about things that we still see as possibilities in the future, and he did it in the end of 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century.

So, to answer your question, yes, aliens were seen as bad before Roswell.

I suggest you read the book, it's a very interesting story, and much better than the movies or TV versions, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Orson Wells' radio version was in 1938, but the original story is from 1898.

H. G. Wells wrote many stories about things that we still see as possibilities in the future, and he did it in the end of 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century.

So, to answer your question, yes, aliens were seen as bad before Roswell.

I suggest you read the book, it's a very interesting story, and much better than the movies or TV versions, in my opinion.

And George ORWELL, '1984'. This is happening RIGHT NOW IN THE USA. 'Walk this way, talk this way' OR you AND YOUR KIDS can END UP IN FEMA CAMPS AND COFFINS. Hear me? TRUE. E-MAIL Other Countries MEDIA about IT right now. PUT PRESSURE ON FOR PRESS-CONFERENCE FOR BUSH's ANSWERS, he CAN'T ANSWER to IT. HE can ONLY be ASHAMED at IT.

Not bothered if my posts get censored.

Also try, Aldous HUXLEY, BRAVE NEW WORLD

HUXLEY was ORWELL's Teacher in French.

ORWELL FOUGHT AGAINST FRANCO IN SPAIN, ON THE GROUND, with HIS WIFE, HE got SHOT in the THROAT by the totalitarians but SURVIVED, ah.

Read them all, compare to what's going on NOW IN THE USA, People. You will get their drifts. Thanx and,

TC,

Mag

(PS. I read them in English though I learnt English at school from 11 y/o, BEST in the original text language.) (YET read THESE in ANY of translated language you understand. Read these PLEASE. It's the time.)

top topics

join