It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your close friends/family are "sheeple..."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Oh man I deal with this with my family who SWEAR by George Bush. GEORGE BUSH CAN DO NO WRONG WITH THESE GUYS!!!! No matter how much evidence I present or even point out hey even the Republican Party knows this guy is going to go down in flames they still ignore it. The bailout is a GREAT idea because George says so. Oh man it is frustrating to the max. How do I deal with it? I speak slowly

MBU,

I know.

I know!

Let's go to the pub and cry out our frustrations over a nice cold one.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
this issue frustrates me to no end!!! I am deeply religious but believe that my faith is my own and don't push it onto others in any way. But still question things and try to investigate to the best of my abilities before making up my mind over issues.

My husband is on the flip side of the coin. He considers himself an atheist which is fine with me. - what is frustrating is that he has adopted the 'atheism' banner because it was simply too difficult to get his head around certain things. Basically if its too problematic to think deeply about the abrahamic religions (and every other belief system) then why bother.

I feel that the system we live in has conditioned people to not question anything. They are spoon fed things on TV, our education system just gives you information and if you regurgitate the theories in the text books you will be fine. Healthy discussion is not encouraged. For instance, how many of us have been given the opportunity to really think about the difference between capitalism and communism. We have just been told that Communism is bad so stay away - don't even try to understand their reasoning.

The only success I seem to be having is with dropping tid bits of information during conversations which act as 'seeds' for thought. The whole UFO thing being in mainstream media now and the like... hopefully he and the masses like him will realize the truth before its too late.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Good points you bring up.

My 19-year-old brother is sort of at that stage now--he has become the athiest because that is the only thing he knows other than Christianity. WIth him, at least, I can see the beginnings of true spirituality, but I find myself frustrated by how many people break out of one dogma only to adopt another.

Also about Communism, I do not think it works personally, as it does not account for human greed and ambition, but it is intersting how capitalistic societies ultimately tend towards communism, and vice versa.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Believe it or not talking about the Rapture doesnt happen much at all .
None of them believe in it (except one friend) ...so I avoid that one unless they bring it up ..

But the NWO and One World Religion ..the possible Gog Magog battle of Ezek 38 ..the AC ...the RFD chips etc etc ..etc ..those are some things you would think at least the Christians would want to know about when I see stuff about it in the news ..since those things are in that bible as somethings that WILL FOR SURE HAPPEN ...with plenty of Scripture to back it up .. ? They are all just to comfy in their world to even allow the possibility that prophecy could be coming to pass ....like soon ...

And just so you know .. I did not like Lehays version of what he thinks will happen and how it happens ..In fact I thought alot of what he wrote was NOT BIBLICAL at all .And truly misleading .....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Did you hear Katherine ALbrecht's full C2C show? She talked a bit about how she had extreme difficulty getting most Christians to support her anti-RFID campaign, because they beleived they would be raptured long before it ever became a problem, and those who did support her did because they saw it as a privacy, not a theological, invasion.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No I sure didnt ..but I will do a dig and watch it ok ...
But I believe that people would be like that ..I know a few ..
I believe in the Rapture but I am not so foolish to just sit here and ignore life ..
I am also not stupid and think that I very well could be wrong ...(I have been wrong a few times about alot of things in my life) ..and I very well could be left (or could be one who will be here all during that trib) I may even be one who will have to die for him by not taking that mark ..I am fully prepared for EITHER EVENT to happen to me ...

I expect the worst but hope for the best ..thats always been my motto ..
and it has worked for me well in my lifetime ...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

WEll, don't spend too much time worrying about something that you can't be sure will even happen in your lifetime.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have removed all of the "sheeple" in my family from my will.

It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to know that my estate will be left in the hands of a strict Constitutionalist that I raised from birth.

Family can be hard to communicate with, especially when they believe what the TV says. They are living an illusion and will normally rationalize away what ever serious information you are giving them.

I don't bother with such people any longer. I am too old and I have decided that we are totally screwed and the people who ignore the erosion of our rights are even worse off.

I say better for us. If every zombie was aware of the situation food and ammo would be quadruple the price. Everyone would be stocking up just a little bit more than usual and that would have a drastic effect.

I used to try and warn people about what has been going on. Now I just pity them when they regurgituate something the TV has told them - you really can't get into abstract conversation with the idiots nowadays. They are too deluded.

The TV is their reality. Facts don't matter and bad news goes away if you ignore it hard enough.

maybe this is just a nightmare...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I gotta tell you, we should probably start a support group.

It is extremely disheartening, especially dealing with people you actually care about. I have, at times, taken to saying "Well, I really can't say..." when I get any of the questions. You know, the questions that come at you invariably 'out of nowhere' but are immensely relevant to our time, with the only wrinkle being the person questioning you is absolutely devoted to the fantasy world they live in. These are the wince-response questions I mean...

What do you think about the whole 9/11 thing?
What's your opinion on this bailout business?
Do you think they really "torture" people?

... and the like.
And I just KNOW they don't want the only answer I can give.

Close acquaintances of mine have, half in jest, taken to considering people, human and non-human, due to the apparent lack of a 'spark' within the particular walking meat we run into from time to time.

I am sad to report, that status can, and has, extended to people I care about. But there seems to be no way to breach their iron-clad dependence on the 'matrix' if you take my meaning.

Ooh but I ramble...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If only there was a 12-step program to dematrixize people...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'd like to add my 2 cents, if I may.

Not all "sheeple" are "sheeple" because they're ignorant, close minded, or trying to protect their world view from crumbling, or because they just can't let go of comfortability.

Some "sheeple" simply don't see things the same ways you do.

Now, if you have a family member still sticking up for George W., I can relate to that frustration....that one truly does defy common sense!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There's nothing you can do apart from plant the seeds and water them every now and then.

Life's short. I long ago eliminated those with whom I have nothing in common. Works best for all of us. Cuts down on pointless small talk and clutter.

Follow the beat of your own drum and respect their right to do likewise.

I love my pets. They love me. I don't try to discuss politics or ATS-type topics with them. They don't try to convince me that rolling in dog-doo feels great. It works.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm in a similar situation... How does one awaken a close friend or family member to vaccines and thimerosal?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
I'd like to add my 2 cents, if I may.

Not all "sheeple" are "sheeple" because they're ignorant, close minded, or trying to protect their world view from crumbling, or because they just can't let go of comfortability.

Some "sheeple" simply don't see things the same ways you do.

Now, if you have a family member still sticking up for George W., I can relate to that frustration....that one truly does defy common sense!

I have no problem with someone who beleives the "official" story--if they can give me a rational reason why. I provide the reasons why I beleive whta I do and how I got to that conclusion.

It's the people that I know who blindly accept what they are told and do not question, or beleive that it is unpatriotic to do so, that I am calling out here.

And yes, some of them are still faithful Bushies.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
I'm in a similar situation... How does one awaken a close friend or family member to vaccines and thimerosal?

I can relate, my mom was quite irate when I did not vaccinate my children. I showed her the data but she could not accept it... luckily my doctor voiced for me!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join