It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH About The Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The TRUTH About The Bailout

market-ticker.denninger.net

You have heard that its all "American Gambles"

You have been told repeatedly by George Bush and Henry Paulson that this bill is about a "rescue" of Main Street, not Wall Street.

You have been lied to repeatedly.

The bill The Senate intends to try to ramrod down your throat is neither about Main Street or really even about Wall Street.

You are going to get VERY angry. Sit down before you read further.

""Hundreds of billions of dollars are going to bail out FOREIGN INVESTORS. They know it, they demanded it, and the bill has been carefully written to make sure that can happen." - Brad Sherman , D-California"

That's right folks. You are going to have $700 billion - about 25% of the total federal budget - put on your personal credit card (via taxes forever) in order to bail out foreign investors.

Oh, and the best part of it is that the underlying assets involved do not even have to be in the United States!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
urbansurvival.com

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Please view the Karl Denninger video on YouTube here: It argues that the Bailout is nothing more than a buy-off of foreign countries to keep them from essentially foreclosing on America!

Oh joy! If this doesn't signal a pending economic collapse I'll be surprised. Heads should roll for this. I feel like I've been slipped a date rape pill by Uncle Sam.

market-ticker.denninger.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I am with you there sad_eye, 'cept I do not think we've been given anything but the cruel and savage kind of rape. Being lied to about it doesn't make it any less a money grab, and only fortifies my belief that they all have to leave congress, like, NOW.

As, has been indicated, it is a global economy, so not surprising we're being asked, rather, TOLD we'll bail everyone out.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Think foreign countries think that it's your markets that have poisoned global books, but there you go...... we're bailing you out to, if we did not underwrite and share your losses you'd have a 30's depression for sure.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Think foreign countries think that it's your markets that have poisoned global books, but there you go...... we're bailing you out to, if we did not underwrite and share your losses you'd have a 30's depression for sure.

Sure... how about if we look from the other side, US Banks acumulate debt with foreign investors, one day , certainly , those foreign investors would want THEIR money back... or are US banks immune to pay they their debts????

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've said this many times... and yes the whole situation ticks me off a mite, BUT... the lesson here is that time and time again, we are duped back into monetary systems, whether it be gold coins, tally sticks, paper currency backed by gold, fiat paper backed by nothing but trust and debt, pebbles, WHATEVER the mandatory medium be... we are"forced" into using these mediums of currency by the current powers that be... but out of fear, we are repeatedly getting ourselves into exactly the same situations over and over again, and being presented with the same solutions over and over again in this neverending cycle of willful forgetfulness. Out of our own fear, we force OURSELVES into being complacent with these scams because they are convenient and take responsibility off our backs... placing it in the hands of those who seek to benefit from willful ignorance.

This is a LESSON and we've failed this lesson countless times over history. Don't blame anyone except yourselves. As the old saying goes "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear". Here comes the teacher. You can choose to learn something, or you can hate the teacher for being a hardass.

It is really simple. Either evolve your thought processes, or suffer the same fate regardless of what idol you worship, be it Ron Paul, Marcy Kaptur, Jesus, Satan, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, Gaia...

"You do it to yourselves, you do, and that's what really hurts."

We can get pissed at our leaders for not giving us the right answers, or we can learn not to give people the power to lead us in the wrong direction... by leading ourselves. The financial problems, the corruption in politics, social woes, all these problems can end in a day... if we stop playing the victim.

I wanna kick some arse, too... but I realize that it will do no good. I just gotta not comply to the will of the monster we've created over the years. Death is by far not the worst thing that can happen. If they wanna put everyone in camps and make this into Nazi Germany Revisited, let it all happen. We deserve what we allow.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by dunwichwitch]

new topics

top topics

join