It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy in the United States is dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
And it's been dead for a long time now. Many of us are just now seeing how bad things have become. They are telling us that all the emails and phone calls congressmen are receiving are 50/50. It's a damn lie!!! They know it's a lie. I don't know a single person that is for this bailout garbage. I am sick of it. The government and media trying to scare us into something that is complete Anti-Democracy.

Our leaders have failed us. The MSM has failed us. Is there anyone out there that can save us from this greed and corruption??? We need a leader to promote REAL CHANGE.

We need to make a statement. It's obvious that emails and phone calls are not going to do it. We need to do something drastic...we need to set a precedent. We need to make history...a new history......WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
We need to make a statement.

We need to do something drastic...

Bank holiday comming, post bail out bill passing. All payroll accounts to be frozen, millions of angry out of work Americans to hit the streets. Isolated incidents of anarchic violence will erupt and small pockets of armed insurrection will start to develop and spread ...

Martial law will be declared and there will be a lockdown on all traffic moving in and out of a 50 mile radius around the capital.

In December 2001, in the midst of restricted access to bank accounts due to a financial crisis, respectable, middle-class Argentinians rose up, took to the streets, smashed bank windows and ultimately forced the government out of power, despite a massive police crackdown and a failed attempt to control the media.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The road to the decline of democracy in this nation started 25 years ago with the biggest acceleration in the last 8 years.

People through this last 25 years had been warning about this, darn even our forefathers warned us about what will happen if the people allow out side entities to take over the people's government.

But as usual nobody listened to the forefathers and nobody listened to the road to democratic decline over the last 25 years.

Even here in ATS we have been warning about what is going on with the "for the people's government" and still nobody listened.

I can only imagine people been herded into concentration camps in a near future and still nobody will believe it.

It most be what they are putting in drinking water

[edit on 1-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yes this present administration has been very busy not only robbing this nation of their right but preparing in the event the people in the nation gets fed up.

And they don't care who dies or lives is all for the good of the people.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's just so maddening to me.

I can't remember a single point in my lifetime where the American public was so against something and actually trying to make their voice heard....and they blow us off. Yeah, i know there are a few out there who are not....but they are by far in the minority.

If they pass this bill in the Senate....it's almost inevitable that it will pass the House. Bush will sign this piece of garbage legislation....and they will make it all the worse.

The principles that this country was created on is dieing and they just don't give a damn.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Democracy ended when they started to limit gun control, its as simple as that.

The second amendment,

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Our Founding Fathers knew that when they infringed upon this law, a new government would be needed.

Its the big secret that they have kept under wrap.

Any way, shape, or form of gun control in illigal, its that simple. When it started to be you needed permits and such, the people allowed it to happen. Bam!

No more democracy.

The second amendment was intended to keep the government a Republic, since, it was very clear on that, and in their notes, once infringed, no longer a democracy.

If you look on the history timeline:

"This honored tradition went completely unchallenged until the 1900s. Then New York passed the Sullivan Act in 1911, one of the first gun control laws. This law required that firearms small enough to be concealed on a person be registered. This state law became a test measure for future gun control laws.

Opponents of the Second Amendment started to mobilize at the federal level in the 1930s. It came during the New Deal, when the federal government was growing rapidly. Two laws enacted during this period, the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Federal Firearms Act of 1938, established the first federal gun controls. While most of these regulations were uncontroversial by current standards (such as licensing gun dealers and regulating possession of machine guns), they introduced the concept of national regulation of firearms. "

www.worldnetdaily.com...

That is when everything went downhill,

geeeez, I need to start a topic on this doozie.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
And you just figured it out???

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well with rumors of a bank holiday running around the Web, and the actions of the Congress and Senate in ignoring the will of the people maybe we should give them what they want?

Go to your bank THIS WEEK, RIGHT NOW and withdraw a few hundred dollars, leave enough to cover bills and such but withdraw enough cash to make a statement.

GIVE THE BANK A NOTE!

Dear Banker,

I am withdrawing these funds from my acccount today to protest the current Bailout Bill and the complete disregard for the public shown by Congress, the Senate, the President of the United States, Wall Street and the Banking institutions. Next time practice a little more moral and ethical thinking in your business practices.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Well with rumors of a bank holiday running around the Web, and the actions of the Congress and Senate in ignoring the will of the people maybe we should give them what they want?

Go to your bank THIS WEEK, RIGHT NOW and withdraw a few hundred dollars, leave enough to cover bills and such but withdraw enough cash to make a statement.

GIVE THE BANK A NOTE!

Dear Banker,

I am withdrawing these funds from my acccount today to protest the current Bailout Bill and the complete disregard for the public shown by Congress, the Senate, the President of the United States, Wall Street and the Banking institutions. Next time practice a little more moral and ethical thinking in your business practices.

Thank you.

Don't pass the bailout and we WILL NEED a bank holiday and it will be time to start worrying about the money you left to pay the bills.

You folks against the bailout are like a homeowner who tells an armed burgular to "go ahead and shoot me, you ain't getting my wallet". What happens: You get shot then the burgular talkes your wallet.

Another view: This bailout will force the powers to be that our brand of capitalism does not work and will force them to make serious changes in the near future. We don't need Armegegdon in order to fix the situation.

Either way, the bailout is passing, so get used to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I absolutely RESFUSE to give my money to people that are personally worth far more per year than I have been in my entire life. If they need the money so badly in their own industry to clean up their own mistakes, let them cash out and pay it themselves.

Otherwise I will be happy to go to Wall Street and provide the ropes so that Freedom Loving Constitution Sworn and Supporting American People can begin hanging the Wall Street thieves one by one when the world economy fails because of Wall Streets actions the week of October 7th.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do we need to seek their approval any longer? They, they that have destroyed everything they touch.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

So evidently you think the government has the right to run rough shod over the will of the people?From what I gather most people are against this bailout because it has no teeth.The wallstreet fat cats have no accountability towards the taxpayer for the fraud they have purportrated.
Our great federal flunkies have not only given the wallstreeters everything they wanted,they added a few hundred million in ear marks.To help the poor rum manufactures and childern's wooden arrow makers.
The stock market needs a correction! It is bloated! The worth of everything has been over inflated,to the point the average person can't afford to buy beyond necessities

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We don't have a democracy. It's a republic. And with pisspoor leadership at that.

Politicians are nothing but whores. One group of whores calling another group of whore, whores. They'll sell out their mama's for money. They'll sell out our troops for a couple of votes. They'll screw over the people just to perpetuate their position and acquire more influence and power.

Good men have gone to Washington, and in no time were as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Term limits. A two-term limit in the same office. No empire building.

Ted Kennedy has never, ever had a job. A real job. And he isn't the only one.

If there's a good man in Washington, just sit still for a bit. He'll be as crooked as the rest after a very short period of time. There must either be a gas seeping from the ground in DC, or mind-altering drugs must be a residential requirement.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yea...Deny Ignorance, eh? How come so many of you believe this country is a democracy? The word 'Democracy' is not mentioned once in the constitution. In fact, our foundignf athers HATED the idea of a democracy.

We are a Constitutional Republic.

Deny Ignorance

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here is a video from another similar thread.Worth the watch, my response from the other thread I have duplicated here. Something to think about.

When he says, " Their are no nations " and then says, " Your nations are IBM, ITT, AT&T, Union Carbide, Exxon ". Ralph Nader would agree to disagree.
How well does that hit home today? The end where there is a world with no need, where boredom is amused, and every man is a shareholder.

A mixed message to be sure. Further watching of his other videos on youtube carry an additional perspective. The brainwashing of America through the TV, and our lack of reading books. Yet I find it interesting, that the nation that did not read , has become the birth of the information age.

A balance to be sure. The dehumanizing of mankind, or the unification of humanity. Does unification lead to the death of democracy, or does individuality and singularity keep it alive? Just what is opinion as a people versus a people of a like mind?

Is democracy the method we use to achieve altruism, or is it the single largest obstacle?

Peace

[edit on 11-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

join