Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Dreams - Do they take place in another Dimension / Reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I once had a dream where I moved back and forth between looking at a strange beast with a rider on its back on a beach and laying a sofa just above the beach with a highly sexual ex-girlfriend.

I'd seen the beast somewhere before, but couldn't remember where. I asked the woman I was with what is that thing and she said, "that's PYLON" or something like that. i told her, if it comes up here, I am going to kill it." and the dream ended.

I was troubled by this beast. It had scales like a fish, but was multi-colored, had a large tail like a whale, a jet black face and fangs. It's skin seem thick and durable. I could tell that it was exceptionally powerful and killing it would be a full days work. But I needed to know what it was.

in waking life I started searching for it. An internet search led me to the eventual conclusion that it was a qilon or qirin. That was the closest match. A mythological beast and very popular in East Asia. Also known as a dragon in south west Asia and prominent in artwork, especially shown being killed by saints and kings.

So, I was thinking how could I have a dream of something that at the time of the dream I was not aware even existed? And even though it's been seen before its not something that is KNOWN to exist. As far as anyone else in all of human history is concerned the Qilin is mythological, like a dragon, griffin or unicorn.

Anyone else ever seen a Qilin?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by bruxfain]

[edit on 2-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In my view, dreams are an extension of the unconscious and at times, what Jung refers to as the Collective Unconscious. Normal dreams are the ones formed by your unconscious mind, but those dreams that are extremely vivid or seem to bear some great importance to them are created in the Collective Unconscious, as it is not just your unconscious that is forming them, but everyone who is alive, who has ever lived, and possibly, if time is cyclical, everyone who will ever live. It then depends on if you want to consider the Collective Unconscious as its own dimension or reality or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think that dreams can be fascinating! I have had so many dreams of the future that have come true, so I started writing down the ones that I think are significant. Also, I think that dreams where your deceased relatives send you a message can be important. I don't understand how I see people in my dreams that I have never seen or met before. How can our minds create things like that? It is truly a mystery!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
dreams are a other dimension :-)

Hello :-)

ok, let me tell you what i know about dreams:

1. they are real, realer the realest
2. i believe (still i) that we are living in 2 dimensions. earth and ghost-world and in our dreams we are travelling through this other world.
3. we can choose our ways in dreams
4. we can see the future in our dreams
5. we can go where ever we want to be in our dreams
6. in our dreams we can speak with god (pointing to the education which was written out of a dream..)
7. in our dreams we are all together, ever in eternity
8. If you know this all, you can imagine how hard it is to awake in the normal world
9. sometimes our dreams get real
10. Everytime our dreams get real, if we want to!!!!!!!

i hope it helps you :-)

Nia

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, because "dimension" means "measurement" and the place where dreams take happen things are measured and weighed differently to say the least. Also, you cannot quantify the "dream plane" in relation to this "plane" in the sense of a physical interaction other then maybe "fields". Even still, the information that travels on say a microwave band exists in a different "dimension" of being.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

Same, I also get exactly the same thing, reccuring dreams, with differant scenarios, but the same settings, wich do not exist in earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So can it this be cleared up? Are dreams the unconscious and collective unconscious or are dreams another dimension?

Unconscious and collective unconscious are still this reality and dimension, just more subtle aspects of it hidden from the conscious mind.

Another wholly separate and simulaneous 3+1 dimension is not possible. Their is someone floating around on these threads who will help you to understand this.

I think it would be wrong not to clear up technical impossibilities and make clear statements for the OP to know what he is seeing in his dreams.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
its pefectly possible,

I myself have certain dreams a lot , reacurring dreams of a place setting with its own people, the dreams are never the same in terms of what happends, but all the content in the "city" people places/shops are the same , like a looking glass, mostly its my city and places I've been, but things are different, different shops, things like that,

and have always thought for a long time that its me "tapping" into memories/thoughts of me in a seperate universe where everything took a different path, kind of like the Butterfly effect. but our minds are connected still

and a sound theory is that there is an infinateamount of universes , that say if I decide to go left instead of right, the universe splits in two and they both happen at the same time.

if someone here could elaborate on that theory, it would be most welcome.

so yeah I beleive that to be the case, not all dreams certainly but dreams like I have.

as for pregognition I dont see that as other dimentional, but rather skipping along in "this" dimention.

You've hit an interesting note because it could be that this 'seperate' zone could be working like a sine wave as it moves higher and lower our own 'zone' moves higher and lower. Occasionally at certain periods the 'zones' *cross* each other and when we sleep and dream. We are tapping into the *other* 'zone'
It might explain why we don't have lucid / deep and memorable dreams every day...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
So can it this be cleared up? Are dreams the unconscious and collective unconscious or are dreams another dimension?

Unconscious and collective unconscious are still this reality and dimension, just more subtle aspects of it hidden from the conscious mind.

Another wholly separate and simulaneous 3+1 dimension is not possible. Their is someone floating around on these threads who will help you to understand this.

I think it would be wrong not to clear up technical impossibilities and make clear statements for the OP to know what he is seeing in his dreams.

Actually the Many Worlds theory is possible so your argument is highly debatable.

en.wikipedia.org...

So from me, the OP the clear statement for you is I am seeing something that is unexplainable in a main-stream scientific sense.
But one that can be argued nonetheless.

It's some other place that exists in parallel to this 'realm'.
The thread flows and we're all getting some interesting feedback and ideas here.
I'm very laissez-faire on this as its not something we can pigeon-hole in a scientific way.
Even the scientists are divided on dreams and research still goes on into trying to understand it.
The likelihood is it won't as its more of an emotional and separate state to that which can be studied under a microscope.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

That wasn't really my purpose. You asked whether the dream is taking place in another dimension/reality.

I would say no. You are experiencing this realities more subtle aspects, which can sometimes be thought of as a different dimension. but its not somewhere else it is here and now just hidden, subtle. Focusing on a different dimension route can open up a whole new bag, which can include insanity. Sorry to say that, but it goes there.

Nevertheless, you'd be amazed what can reduced to a science. I was hoping that you would see that and take control of the situation. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The night after my father passed away from this Earth convinced me that dreams take on an entirely different meaning when you become convinced that they are real on some level.

I am convinced 110% beyond any doubt that I had an interaction with my dad that night in a dream. He was coming to say goodbye. The dream was so vivid and so detailed, but it has been a couple of years now. As I recall I was walking through an open field alone, the day was bright and sunny and I could feel the wind swirling by me. I was walking toward a lone solitary tree that stood on its own up a hill side.

As I got closer to the tree I could see the image of a person standing with his back towards me, facing the skyline. As I got close enough to almost touch this person the figure turned around and at once I recognized it was my father. I will never forget his smile, he looked happy, happier than I had seen him in years. He said two words and no more..."It's ok"...then he reached out and gave me a big hug, then he turned and walked away.

I woke up in an instant and I was hyperventilating and crying uncontrollably...and I rarely shed tears and I never have hyperventilated before or since this day. It was such a powerful event, I couldnt explain it but I knew without doubt that I had just seen my dad for the last time. I lived several hours away and he had grown older and developed respiratory problems. He died suddenly before I could get back down to see him.

I was having a really hard time with his death, and this I believe was his way of saying goodbye but also of telling me that wherever he was he was in a better place.

This story is 100% honest truth, for anyone who knows me they know that I do not put a great deal of stock in the fascinating as I am a skeptic by nature. This was one event that I cant explain and I never talk about, but it was one of the most powerful events of my life.

Many will say that this was nothing more than a manifestation of my grief combined with my imagination that made the dream happen etc etc....no....it wasnt.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is a good question, and I do not think there is really a definitive way to prove the answer one way or the other.
In my OOBE adventures......I have noticed again and again how if I allow my attention to waver the entire experience can fade into a dream like experience......also so many dreams I have are reoccurring in the same setting and place, very much like I am returning to something familiar.
Sometimes the OOBE has so many weird things happening it seems it could be nothing BUT a dream yet it is not.....
Take BlackOps above reply.......MANY people visit loved ones passed over in the dream world.....personally I KNOW we exsist on so many different levels that just leaving this earth frequency does not mean you leave them all.....and that is NO dream at all........so it gives you a peek into other dimensions.

Sometimes I think ALL dreams are solid events taking place in other dimensions. That they may very well be our mind finding another version of our existence in another reality altogether, and gives us a small taste of that life during the dream state.

Maybe it all is just our mind blowing off steam and making up crazy scenarios and scenery.....but I am thinking there is much more to it than just that.I don't know for sure......and nobody can PROVE conclusively it is one way or the other....
I know what I know from personal experience and I know things from reading and study......so my mind is open to the myriad possibilities that in fact dreams are really taking place in other vibrational realities......

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

That wasn't really my purpose. You asked whether the dream is taking place in another dimension/reality.

I would say no. You are experiencing this realities more subtle aspects, which can sometimes be thought of as a different dimension. but its not somewhere else it is here and now just hidden, subtle. Focusing on a different dimension route can open up a whole new bag, which can include insanity. Sorry to say that, but it goes there.

Nevertheless, you'd be amazed what can reduced to a science. I was hoping that you would see that and take control of the situation. My apologies.

No need to apologuise or the parthian jibe, you have your mountain and we have ours. You just keep shouting from over there mate

Thanks to the others for your thoughts and comments so far

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

this video is excellent. I suggest anyone who hasn't watched it, does so . . .

I certainly believe you transcend this reality when dreaming . . .

2 nights ago i was dreaming lucidly . I stumbled upon a building in my dream. I entered it and it was an office building of sorts. There were people working on computers, drinking coffee, filing things, etc. Because i was lucid i approached a woman and asked her name.

"why do you want to know my name?" she asked with a timorous face.

"Because i'm just curious if you have one" i said to her.

"of course i have a name, but i'm not going to tell you, i don't even know you, i've never seen you here before. You're an absolute stranger"

"well my name is J, and i'm dreaming right now, i promise i am not here to hurt you; would you please tell me your name?"

she looked at me with a guarded expression but then replied

"my name is Mae/May."

I thought she said Mary at first, but when I repeated her name to her, she said “no, Mae/May, like the month.”

she seemed curious but still skeptical.

I asked what her last name was, and she wouldn't answer; she seemed afraid.

Apparently security guards had been called to remove me from the building so i had to demonstrate that i was in fact dreaming; so i froze her coffee cup. Suddenly they were no longer afraid, but curious.

She introduced me to some of her colleagues; and also to the security guards. Can't remember all their names but i distinctly remember a Pete.

After that she seemed almost excited to be talking to me. She then said

"my last name is Quint"

pretty sure that was the last name, it may have had an added suffix, but the beginning was definitly Quint. Because i asked her to repeat it 3 times to be sure i was hearing her correctly.

Then she showed me her desk, and i asked her what her husbands name was. She said her husbands name was John/Jon. (i remember thinking to myself "that's a very common name, i wonder if she's making that up") which is funny because for all i know, i was making this whole thing up unconsciously.

that's all i can recall with detail. I wonder if she is a real person within our reality. That would be amazing.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As some other posters have said, I have also had dreams of places that are similar to places i have been/seen, but something, is different. Quite often I dream of a huge house with big tall windows, and a large wrap around deck, in the middle of a green field, with one road going up to it.

The dream is not the same in terms of events, but the setting is the same. Sometimes there are trees and once there was a lake. I was driving down to visit my grandmother last July 1st weekend, and I drove through this little town called Greenwood (anyone know it?) Anyway, when coming into town from the North, there is a house on the right hand side, similar to the one in my dream. I've never been to the house, but I've passed it numerous times on the trip down to visit Family.

I also dream of the Hotel I used to work in, the Hotel is situated outside of town, there are private residences, and rental properties. It's a very gorgeous location and I have always loved it. I worked 4 years of part time housekeeping, and 2 years and 3 summers of front desk. I have put my time into that place, thats for sure. In my dream the houses are arranged differently, the landscape changes a bit, but some features of the property are the same. Most of the employees who work there or who have worked there, are in my dreams. The landscape in Real Life, is fairly flat, however in my dream, its quite hilly. Just some little things that change.

I am a Psychology Major, and so I have learned the different theories on dreams (from Cartwright to Freud). I believe that dreams are MORE than just wish fulfillment and problem solving. I want to believe that dreams are more than just mindless processing.

I've often wondered if we leave our Bodies during dreams, not "us" but the essence of us...like the spirit or the soul. I've wondered if when we start to drift off, while the Body is repairing itself, and the body starts to shut down, we head off to another dimension, another world... I also wonder if the people I see in my dreams, see me in theirs too... I've dreamed of people that I don't know, and I've dreamed of people that i FEEL like I know.

The truth is...I don't know what happens...Dreams are an area of Psychology which I personally don't think are studied enough - since the only person who can actually experience "their dream" is the person doing the dreaming. I think too many write off dreams as being unimportant and just 'mindless processing.'

However...being able to breathe under-water in dreams, fly, and run really fast, are all things that I wonder how I am able to do in dreams...to me, this seems more than just mindless processing...

Just my two-cents!

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't think they are multidimensional gateways to a faraway land but I wonder sometimes how dreams can be so vivid, I live in Juneau, Alaska and my life here is influenced by native culture on a regular basis. Anyway, I had this really freaky and really vivid dream that I was walking in the woods with a native elder I had met and a class of kids I was with when I was younger, the elder peeled off the trail at this lake and walked into the woods, the kids kept going. I followed the elder and she walked out to the lake where a murky stream came out. I looked up from the stream and beheld an old and extremely vivid native village that was in ruin. It was scorched and covered in moss covered rocks that I soon discovered were lava rocks even though there was no volcanoes in this temperate rain forest valley. She walked into the village and all of the sudden she was dressed in red Tlingit regalia. I looked back and saw something move between the trees. This scared me so I caught up to the elder. She was stopped and looking down at a crumbled pile of rocks. I pushed them away to see crystallized footprints of a child. She said do NOT touch them and even as I looked at them I heard horrible screams and crying echo through the valley. The elder decided we turn back only to be stopped in her tracks by something. She looked EXTREMELY freaked out. I walked up to here and then something dropped down from the trees. It was this short little "man" with a wearing a Tlingit wolf mask with messed up eyes and dressed in rags. His most prominent feature was a headdress made entirely of porcupine quill that drooped down to his knees. He pointed a wooden staff at us and muttered some words and the elder and I passed out.

We woke up to find ourselves dressed in deerskin traditional clothing with native artwork. The elder looked like a kid and when I looked at my hands I had darkened skin and my hair hung down to my shoulders. We had gone somewhere. We turned around and all the rocks were gone and the village was alive and new looking. There were canoes and boats and beautiful totem poles that I had never seen before. We were called over by different names and when the elder was called a name her mouth dropped open. I asked her what was wrong and she said that that name was her great-grandmother's name. I was shocked too. We were called to go about our chores and so we did. Later that day a bloodied up man charged into town and warned us of an enemy tribe coming to attack the village. He said they had already taken the neighboring tribe prisoner and that we would soon suffer the same fate. We panicked and so got into the canoes and began going across the lake. We then heard two children crying back on shore and turned to see a girl and a boy crying and facing us. I turned our canoe around and began paddling back to save the kids only to hear a loud rumble. I looked up in the sky and saw a flaming ball shooting out of the sky. I watched it shoot straight down and impact right behind the village. Flaming rocks flew up into the air and rained down on the village and the lake. A massive wave of fire shot out from the impact zone and caught the village and the forest on fire. I jumped into the water and avoided it but others did not make it. I swam up and saw a few others and the elder still alive. I looked back at the village and saw it engulfed in flames. I looked at the other shore and saw the enemy tribe coming out of the woods and shouting at us. The only option was to go into a patch of forest so dark that light could not penetrate. It was rumored to house the demons of the world but we went anyway. We got to shore and began charging through the woods. It was filled with ravens cawing and we saw bright eyes peering down from what looked like platforms in the trees. the shaman demon thing that sent us to this place jumped down from the trees and attacked us. the elder and I woke up on the grass on the trail and were in shock. VIVIDEST DREAM EVER

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If there really are other dimensions on the other side of dreaming, than I wouldn't want to be stuck in some of them. Many are nice, but there are always a few that we could do without.

Another thing is that in most of these dreams, even if they're horrifying, I'm basically able to do whatever I want. If another one of my selves from another dimension is dreaming about my life, he's gotta be pretty bored. If he somehow takes control of me while he's dreaming and starts to fly I think other people would notice and tell me about it afterward...but nobody has. Do I really have a better imagination than all of the other me's in all the other dimensions? Not one of them has entered me during a dream and shot fire out of his hands. What are the chances of that!

A little scepticizm never hurt anyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i do believe in what your saying it sounds weird but ive been having alott of dreams pertaining to 2012 and my personal life and its things i know nothing of like objects i have even looked up bc i didnt know what they were so yes you are right

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I believe that dreams take place in the Time/Space dimension rather than Space/Time one.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Psychology of dreams:

astrologtanja.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join