It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tanker contract overturned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Alabama Aircraft has sued and gotten the USAF KC-135 PDM contract overturned. The original awarding of the contract to Boeing was overturned by the GAO. When it was awarded to Boeing again, the GAO upheld the award, so Alabama Aircraft went to the courts suing the government and Boeing. The courts upheld their lawsuit stating that the contract must be rebid again.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If its good for the goose then I guess the gander will make out okay.

Companies can and must act in thier own best interests. I do not actually blame them. I blame the messed up pentagon procurment process that needs to thrown out and redesigned from the bottom up.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know why we can't just fit the C-17 with gas bags and a boom and call it our next tanker?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
Does anyone know why we can't just fit the C-17 with gas bags and a boom and call it our next tanker?

Because the C-17s are needed elsewhere - thats why they are buying new planes that can also carry cargo.

Oh, and if you suggest buying *new* C-17s to cover the role, they are much more expensive per airframe than either of Airbuses or Boeings offerings.

new topics

top topics

join