It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to issue commemorative coins for maiden spacewalk success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

China to issue commemorative coins for maiden spacewalk success?

news.xinhuanet.com

China to issue commemorative coins for maiden spacewalk success.

BEIJING, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) -- The People's Bank of China, the central bank, said on Monday that it would issue a set of gold and silver coins on Oct. 8 to commemorate the success of the country's maiden spacewalk.

The issuance comprises 30,000 gold coins, with a face value of 150 yuan (22 U.S. dollars) each, and 60,000 silver coins, with a face value of 10 yuan each.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There is a shortage of gold and silver coins in the U.S. as people are losing faith in the government and federal reserve bank. The Federal Reserve bank's gold deposits are on loan from other countries and there are reports that wealthy investors are demanding gold bullion from thier banks.

With a run on U.S. gold and silver coins I think American's will start looking to China more for gold, silver and world leadership.

Our country is so screwed.

Meet your new masters.

*SNIP*

news.xinhuanet.com

[edit on 1-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No poo.

China IS the next superpower..
This has been predicted for roughly 150 years now.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LOL

China the next superpower?

Predicted 150 years ago?

Give me a break!
I'm glad to see China Finally catch up to Russia and the US it only took them like 50 years!

Hardly and example of being the next super power.

As far as the Gold coins I'll look into them I collect gold coins.

They'll be a novelty
Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
No poo.

China IS the next superpower..
This has been predicted for roughly 150 years now.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

If there is any 'next super power' it is Russia not China.

China suffers from unbelievable food, water, and all sorts of shortages you can imagine. Meanwhile Russia has the largest fertile soil fields in the world, (as of yet untapped at that) and has an actual infrastructure that doesn't need to rely solely on exporting everything.
China is growing and is a monster economically and in every way that's no doubt but what I'm saying is that it will be self defeating because they don't have the infrastructure to support all those massive amounts of people whereas Russia has the arable land, the resources and the military and a MODEST population size to actually sustain itself.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Will they also represent the strings on which the astronauts were hanging? I am still on the fence but some parts looked mighty fake. Besides,the Chinese were not averse to jiggery-pokery during the olympics.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If there is any 'next super power' it is Russia not China.

want russian already a superpower before?so i dont know wether it could become the next,but definitely the last.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
with the whoe world focusing on this huge project,it will be extremely difficult to fake anything without being caught,it is not like 1960s,now who have lots of satelites up there monitoring everything,china secretly shot down a defunct satelite and was found immediately.if it's a fake,the government sources should know it better than we average posters here.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I doubt they'll actually use real gold since everything China manufactures is FAKE, even the spacewalk was fake.
They forge ahead alright, with forgeries.
What a joke, I hope those coins are waterproof.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i garrantee there must be a lot of chinese stuff you are using now,and if you take away made in china stuff your department stores would be at least half empty.so why do you use fake stuff?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

China to issue commemorative coins for maiden spacewalk success?

China to issue commemorative coins for maiden spacewalk success.

BEIJING, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) -- The People's Bank of China, the central bank, said on Monday that it would issue a set of gold and silver coins on Oct. 8 to commemorate the success of the country's maiden spacewalk.

The issuance comprises 30,000 gold coins, with a face value of 150 yuan (22 U.S. dollars) each, and 60,000 silver coins, with a face value of 10 yuan each.

Complete with Air Bubbles!

new topics

top topics

join