It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

well, I am a firm believer that one is innocent until proven guilty.

But I am sure some people will see otherwise.

Good point.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I said it before and I'll say it again - it was pathetic. It was an afterthougt on his part. A sad pathetic attempt at the sympathy vote. And it obviously worked on the weak-minded. Reminded me of "Hillary in the Restaurant" during the primaries.

Okay I was apparently paying attention the ATS posts and not to the debate. Biden brought up losing a wife and child in a horrid accident? Seriously?

Who with a soul would bring up something so intimate during a political debate? Something of that nature is PERSONAL and no one that felt it deeply and had an ounce of common sense would EVER choose to bring it up in such a forum.

Apparently I was busy reading posts and I missed what had to be one of the most offensive plays during this entire election.

Am I confused or did Biden mention the death of his wife and child during this debate?

link   
reply to post by bknapple32

How much more expanding of the VP's power would Sarah want? Cheney is the master of power expansion and fortune making and she will have a hard time beating him on assumption of power. She probably has no clue at this point but wants her comment as a placeholder for possible future considerations.

link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

OFF TOPIC,

I just had a thread about Palin and her lack of knowledge on the issues closed today by the mods.

Just so ya know!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

First of all, I am a moderate independant. I would agree with you about MSNBC, but not about CNN. This is the only network I can watch without throwing up a little in my mouth when it comes to politics. Apparently you have never seen Lou Dobbs tear both parties a new one.

This ticket that the Republicans have put forth is only marginally better than the Bush/Cheney ticket of the last two elections, and Palin hurts this ticket. She dodged way too many questions tonight, and I didn't notice Biden dodge any. The Republicans haven't had a decent ticket since Reagan/Bush and McCain is no Ronald Reagan!

link   
reply to post by Sonya610

biden was responding to the notion that he doesnt know what its like to be a single parent worrying about their kids health

link   
Last time...

On topic, no polls unless they are scientific (meaning if you can click on a candidate and vote on it, it isn't).

If the quality of discussion doesn't improve, the thread will be closed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

link   

SNIP

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32biden was responding to the notion that he doesnt know what its like to be a single parent worrying about their kids health

Did he say more than "I know what it is like, I have personal knowledge of that situation"? Or did he actually mention his wife and child died in an accident?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join