It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

They are all spinning. I prefer to do my own research.

He said she said, we all saw it and can make up our mind. We may not agree on what we saw but I'll be dang if we can't respect each other debating it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wel... I just got off work and watched most of the debate.

I will say Palin did quite well. I will have to watch again tommorrow and decide who won.

I will add, that I think the numbers have swayed back in Obamas favor, not because of the debate with McCain but instead the doubt many people had about Palin. I think she put that doubt to rest "for the most part".

While shes not as articulate and clearly versed as Obama, I believe shes capable of handling the main job if it came to that. I said it here on ATS a few weeks back that poll numbers would sway towards Obama again. I was right on that despite a large lead on McCains part at the time. I also said the numbers will begin to head McCains way again after Obamas last lead. So far it looks like im going to be right.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
CLAP CLAP CLAP.

Interesting debate. I see two ways to look at this.

Looking at it purely as a debate, Biden won.

Looking at it as the Biden - Palin debate that has been so widely discussed for the past week, Palin exceeded my expectations. After seeing the Katie Couric interview, I had written her off as an uninformed idiot. She was obvously much better prepared tonight. She did at times seem to be ignoring the entire debate aspect in order to discuss her talking points. This combined with a few instances where Biden nailed her and she didn't directly respond is my reason for giving the debate to Biden. In terms of how the average American would see this, Palin won. She's been torn apart in the media for the past few weeks and she certainly exceeded expectations.

Edit: Forgot to add. It was a priceless moment when she called him "OBiden". I don't think she did it on purpose either, LOL.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
On topic or not at all...

From here on out any non VP debate focused posting and/or personal attacks posted will be sanctioned administratively...

No exceptions.

Period.

The Madness Ends Today

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

If it wasn't a ploy then why are the democrats saying it was. That McCain kept her hidden to lower her expectations.

link   
i hate all this who connets batter.. who talks to the people better. who would you rather drink with in a bar more.....

i want someone to lead the country. i want the president of the united states. not some bar owner.

on facts, biden won..

on substance biden won

on connecting and talking down,,, palin won... so what means nothing of substance. it wont send your son or daughter to college

link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

As sad as it is, though, most people go for style over substance.

At least most of the voting public in America does. We here on this board might not, but most of the folks do.

link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by jam321

oh please , she didnt answer any questions at all.

the cbs poll of undecided had biden winning 48 - 21

Oh NO! The *CBS* poll! What a surprise!

Do you mean the Dan Rather CBS???

link   
I am a registered Independent who is undecided about who to vote for as of now. I'll tell everyone my thoughts on this debate coming from a more objective standpoint (as objective as I can get, at least).

I thought Biden had some slip-ups here and there, but overall he is a much more experienced politician and debater, so of course he had statistics and record to back him up when it pertained to certain issues. He held his composure very well and answered the questions as best as a VP can do without giving away that he differed with Obama in the past on certain issues.

Palin did a fantastic job of connecting with the average people. I loved how she repeatedly said she and McCain would try to eliminate some of the 'greed and corruption' going on in DC. She also mentioned during the debate that she wasn't familiar with DC talk, separating herself from the corruption (trying to anyways). That said, she did avoid answering some questions, understandably, because of her lack of experience. I didn't like how she kept referring to the energy crisis as a crutch for when she was unable to get in-depth with Biden on some issues.

Overall, I give the debate to Biden. He had the demeanor of a more knowledgable politician, answered questions more directly, and challenged Palin on many of McCain's policies, alot of which she was unable to give concise responses for.

Side Note: I would like to see if Palin was correct on calling Biden out on a couple issues that she said he had done a 180 on since his campaign for VP with Obama. If she was right, I give her props...just not enough to compensate for Biden's superior debating skills and knowledge.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The thing you fail to admit is that most people vote on who they like. Most are not knowledgeable on the issues. Jay Leno points that out time and time again.

ex: I am voting for Obama. i like what he says. What do you like about what he says. Well he is a good speaker. What issues do you like..welll...huh...I like him...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dan Rather, the man who got documents from Karl Rove that turned out to be false. The same Karl Rove who ignored a subpeana to tesitify and instead fled to South America.

Anyways, Palin still lost. This Monday Night Football game plays and one team wins and the other loses, even if the losing team beats the point spread, they still lose.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No it`s not a joke atall....
Sarah 73% to bidens 25%..
Drudgereport.com why dont yo go read the pole instead of CRYING foul.
I would post the link but not sure if thats allowed, I see the mods are here trying to sensor the palin voices...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

I think that is an unfair shot on the mods. Send them a u2u and they will let you know if you can post those results.

link   
reply to post by jam321

I think you have a point Jam but you have to remember that now that Palin stock has stabilized people are going back to the candidates and the issues.

People would not be voting on McCain and Palin becasue they like what she did on a debate, the election are 4 weeks away and by that time this debate would be in the back of everyones mind.

I think you are overestimating the long term effect that this debate is going to have in the election, a debate that by watching Fox News, CNN and others pretty much all the analyst agree that it will be irrelevant coming Nov.4.

link   

Originally posted by Dollar Bill

No it`s not a joke atall....
Sarah 73% to bidens 25%..
Drudgereport.com why dont yo go read the pole instead of CRYING foul.
I would post the link but not sure if thats allowed, I see the mods are here trying to sensor the palin voices...

no one is censoring palin voices, esp not mods.... so you can shut that topic off..

next..

drudge.. .lol

thats all i say to that. id never cry foul on a drudge poll. i laugh it off. worse than foxnews

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Posting the results of a poll on the debate is just fine

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

First, drudge is more biased then Fox which is ran by the GOP, literally. A Press Sec for the Bush Admin admitted this.

Second, they aren't silencing anyone. Just trying to keep things on topic. Props to them for doing their job.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join