It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dollar Bill

she ain't gonna change nothin. She's a mascot, that's all. Chosen because she has a pair of breasts and is pro-life.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

Thats what the worst moment in the debate IMO, becasue anyone that knows about this matters knows that Obama's plan for I raq might be different from McCain but is not a surreder plan, thats the type of comment that she should leave to Fox News talking heads not a VP candidate.

link   
Biden looked like a polished politician albeit a little emotional, Palin looked like what she is, a popular small town mayor who aspired to become a governor and is surprised she is standing at that podium. If I were her I would have ran to my baby for comfort after having had to do that debate. She is likeable, real, and genuine, and I think she actually cares about our country.
I don't doubt Biden is also a caring man and dedicated to his career.
I like the both of them better than McCain and Obama. Obama gives me the creeps and McCain is vague to me.

link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Bunch

The focus groups on CNN and Fox, that were undecided voters, seemed to connect with her very well...at least according to the segments they did with them after the debate.

Will that matter in the long run? Probably not.

The focus group on Fox all raised their hands! Sarah won the debate.
Polls will change tomorrow.
President John McCain will be sworn in January 2009.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Now some of the democrats surrogates are saying it was a ploy. That McCain kept her under wrap to lower her expectations. Yesterday they were saying Biden was going to clobber her. I said it was a ploy before they did.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by jsobecky

What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

Dear "thinker,"
Biden lost his family. I've seen him speak over the years and his response was not faked then and isn't now. What is pathetic is your boneheaded comment. Keep on "thinking."

good glad more people saw what jsobecky wrote. shows how politics can cloud judgment. disgusting.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
People need to wake up and Listen to the issues a not how she winks and talks, Being cute and sassy is not going to change the economy its not going to end the war in the middle east, its not going to create new jobs. Actions Speak Louder Than Words! This is not the Miss Alaska this is the Presidential Election.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

oh please , she didnt answer any questions at all.

the cbs poll of undecided had biden winning 48 - 21

link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I certainly hope you don't throw yourself off a bridge when that doesn't happen in January. Fox News is the network of the Republican Party. I'm sure the exact opposite happened on MSNBC, the network of the Democratic Party. How about we wait for an unbiased poll before y'all start redecorating the Oval Office.

link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I disagree, Palin held her side, she didnt win the debate, and I dont think Bidens expected performance gave the Obama camp the edge.

All we're ganna see here is strong McCain voters claim that Palin won the debate and strong Obama supporters claiming that Biden won the debate with his knowledge... it aint ganna get anywhere. What this debate showed us is that, yet again, we're at a dead end, theres no clear winner here....

Theres too many partisan bickering over here, maybe the next week will be an indication, other than that, we'll have to wait for the next debates between Obama and McCain.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GordonJQ
Nice attack lines but will it work? Biden stuck with facts, like McCain voted on the same thing as Obama, so Palin had to come up with another attack line.

Thats another thing that I saw, everytime that Palin went on the offensive, she forgot many times that McCain had voted the same way than Obama.

Another issue that she avoided was deregulation, Biden went on the offensive twice on McCain record on deregulation and she didn't had an answer for it.

link   
Again, if your team is expected to lose by 50, and only lose by 20, its still a loss. You still don't go to the playoffs. You still try to figure out how to make a time machine and get Elway back in uniform.

You don't say you won because you did better then expected but still lost.

link   
I think the bar was set pretty low for this debate.

The questions over issues like nuclear weapons use (the big players US and Russia) and Dick Cheney's views on vice presidential powers didn't seem to be answered too well by Palin.

All I heard out of her was "Maverick™" and "Freedom™" - but that's what I expected, she seemed to be reading from notes and reciting rhetoric when she couldn't answer a question.

Biden quite handily shot down that maverick cliche, but he waffled about the past.

No particularly hard questions - just a lot of fawning over Israel, yet no talk of its own nuclear arsenal.

Palin noted that nuclear weapons should be a deterrent - so why can only one nation in the Middle East, Israel, have them?

No mention of support for India's nuclear doings despite it being a non-signatory of the NPT.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by skeptic1

no one here was talking about palins family. jsobecky made the disgusting comment that biden faked emotion about his family. id ad her as a foe, but it says respected for and i cant respect such disgusting thinking

Hey bk, I'm a 100% red-blooded American MAN!
And would you mind if I added you as a FRIEND??

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I certainly hope you don't throw yourself off a bridge when that doesn't happen in January. Fox News is the network of the Republican Party. I'm sure the exact opposite happened on MSNBC, the network of the Democratic Party. How about we wait for an unbiased poll before y'all start redecorating the Oval Office.

Actually MSNBC is begging her to come on ANY NBC show and asnwer questions asked. They even said she could choose to only answer 20% of the questions they asked and keep changing the topic like she did tonight during the debate.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

please what. what are you referring to.

You point out something that has been obvious for some time. Should I be surprised about something that already been predicted.

He won the issues and she won on connecting.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
like I said beutifull sexy sarah 73%,,, O`l hair plugs 25%
This from the unbiased drudge poll...
lol to all the biased libs that domininate this site..

link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by skeptic1

no one here was talking about palins family. jsobecky made the disgusting comment that biden faked emotion about his family. id ad her as a foe, but it says respected for and i cant respect such disgusting thinking

Hey bk, I'm a 100% red-blooded American MAN!
And would you mind if I added you as a FRIEND??

you may be 100% red blooded american, but that doesnt have any difference on the fact that your comment was 100% pathetic and disgusting.

link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
OH MY GOD....get that BAYBY into her ARS ASAP for the sympathetic people effected by BABYS ON TV ...............
:
poor kids...................PAWNS in the game.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

Wife and daughter dead in a car accident. You should be ashamed of yourself. Both of you. All kids and spouses should be off limits. Grow up.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dollar Bill
She won this debate and won the hearts of ordinary americans.
She is cute sexy and smokin hot and I`d rather see and hear her sexy voice over the next 4 years than the lying criminal gang of no change obama/biden group/

She is a cheerleader who dodges questions she can't answer [most of them] and her voice is more whiney than sexy. She is a shallow con-artist who should still be mayor of Mayberry, Alaska. Wait until her "sexy voice" raises your taxes and you can't afford free market food.

You probably think Dick Cheney is "smokin' hot," too.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join