It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

SG, I admire your honesty.

Like you said, on to the next debate.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
OH MY GOD....get that BAYBY into her ARS ASAP for the sympathetic people effected by BABYS ON TV ...............
:
poor kids...................PAWNS in the game.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

sickening you would think bidens emotion abot his family was fake. absolutelyu sick.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Joe Biden has been in the senate for 35 YEARS. He offer`s nothing new, just the same old hot air blowing up our keesters that were sic of, (we being the average american). Many on this board are left wing bleeding liberals and would see daffy duck beating Palin in a debate.
She is the one who will offer change and send chills of fear thru the established career polititions like o`l hairplug Biden.
She won this debate and won the hearts of ordinary americans.
She is cute sexy and smokin hot and I`d rather see and hear her sexy voice over the next 4 years than the lying criminal gang of no change obama/biden group/

link   
reply to post by jwstarry

I respect your opinion and decision. Personally, I feel that both are lacking. Our nation is at a serious crossroad itself and neither seem to want to change their plan to address it. I don't feel either plans will help us in the long run.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Biden won the issues.

Palin won on connecting.

Connecting wins over issues cause people tend to vote emotionally.

I disagree to a certain degree.

Palin needed to connect with the people from her own party that were already getting down on her, with those she score points. But as to say she connected with independents or undecided I dont think so but it seems to be determined, I might be wrong.

Biden I think connected favorably with those undecided and independents because as you say he was stronger on the issues, and when people wake up tomorow they going to go back to the issues, economy been the most important and right now the democratic ticket is winning on that issue.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Once again, people's families need to be left out of the equation.

Leave Biden's family tragedy out of it. Leave Palin's baby out of it.

People that make snarky comments about the families need talk about something else. JMO....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

The focus groups on CNN and Fox, that were undecided voters, seemed to connect with her very well...at least according to the segments they did with them after the debate.

Will that matter in the long run? Probably not.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

Originally posted by GordonJQ
*Jaxon, I was making fun of him, yes it was sarcasm. He acted like Biden planned it out decades ago to bump them off so he could use them in the debate.*

[edit on 2-10-2008 by GordonJQ]

It's hard to tell when you're serious or not, because you let emotion get in the way too often.

Keep it lite, bronco, it's only politics!

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

no one here was talking about palins family. jsobecky made the disgusting comment that biden faked emotion about his family. id ad her as a foe, but it says respected for and i cant respect such disgusting thinking

link   
I like that finishing the Iraq War is considered a white flag. So when we ended WWII and pulled out of Japan we were waving a white flag of surrender?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Oh yes they were. Go back a few pages and read the comments about Palin's baby and how it was a photo op and how that baby is old enough not to need that kind of contact with its mother.

But, I was backing up your point, by the way....families need to be left out of the equation, and those comments, from both sides were disgusting.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nice attack lines but will it work? Biden stuck with facts, like McCain voted on the same thing as Obama, so Palin had to come up with another attack line.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I was extremely satisfied with Palin's performance. The ONLY reason I was tuning in was to see if she flopped, and how badly. I was very surprised by her amazing self-confidence, friendly winning attitude, and her rhetorical skills.

She is a credit to the American ideal. Good for my favorite Republican of all time, John McCain. Very impressive!

I truly feel better having watched her!

#

I'm still planning to vote for Obama.

I really breaks down to certain personal beliefs and attitudes, not worth discussing here, yet again.

But it makes me feel good that the Republicans, and John McCain, fielded such a fine candidate.

link   
reply to post by Bunch

When you look at the voters, a good many aren't really aware about the issues. I believe Jay Leno and the likes have proven this point. For the most part they vote for who they like.

But like you said it remains to be seen how this debate will play out over the next few days.

link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

exactly no light at the end of the tunnel in mccains view... I want to know his comprehensive definition of "winning" in iraq.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
So we'll have to wait till the next debates guys.. These last two have not provided any significant benefits to the parties.

Unfortunately, this is the only VP debate scheduled. Biden did just OK, given that he has been in so many debates with all his failed attempts at the presidency. Sarah won this one.

link   
There's something really wrong with all of us when a VP debate within less than an hour generates more discussion than the potus debate. www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.
Dear "thinker,"
Biden lost his family. I've seen him speak over the years and his response was not faked then and isn't now. What is pathetic is your boneheaded comment. Keep on "thinking."

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

sorry i was just fed up with jso...whoever brought palins baby up is old news. its dumb. but not nearly as painful as saying that someone is FAKING emotion about loosing a wife or loved one...

deplorable

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join