It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthy Investors Hoard Bullion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wealthy Investors Hoard Bullion

cryptogon.com

Investors in gold are demanding “unprecedented” amounts of bullion bars and coins and moving them into their own vaults as fears about the health of the global financial system deepen.Industry executives and bankers at the London Bullion Market Association annual meeting said the extent of the move into physical gold was unseen and driven by the very rich.

“There is an enormous pick-up in investment demand. I have never seen a market like this in my 33-year career,” said Jeremy Charles, chairman of the LBMA. “The gold refineries cannot produce enough bars.”

The move comes as fears grow among investors over the losses at investment vehicles previously considered almost risk-free, such as money funds.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Folks, this is something to keep a VERY close eye on, and if you don't already have some investment in gold or other prescious metals, you might seriously consider it...Just the other day I posted the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Central Banks are CUTTING OFF sales of gold, as the financial situation falls deeper and deeper into the abyss, and PAPER promisary notes become worth less and less.

Future BARTERING may be heavily dependent on actual MATERIALS, rather than the worthless, perpetual debt-producing monetary system which has created this nightmare.

Something to watch very closely, as those at the top are not doing these things by accident...

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't buy gold, buy bullets... Those with the bullets will end up being those with the gold... Only an idiot would sit on gold, you can't eat it, but bullets can take down game to eat and also take out the rich so you can eat their food as well..

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Don't buy gold, buy bullets... Those with the bullets will end up being those with the gold... Only an idiot would sit on gold, you can't eat it, but bullets can take down game to eat and also take out the rich so you can eat their food as well..

I like the way you think
Brutal as it may be, its undeniably true.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv

How long do you think the citizenry is going to put up with theives and murderers? Once you are done with the filthy rich how long till you are robbing me at gunpoint for my AAA cell batteries? People will have scales and clip bits of gold and silver to pay for goods if it were that bad. I can't afford any gold right now so I guess the point is moot.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
On the other hand, you could always invest your money in land and grow some food. If there isn't enough food it has to be better to grow more than to fight to the death over the scraps that are left.

You can't eat gold, but I don't think bullets are all that nutritious either..

[edit on 1-10-2008 by skjalddis]

[edit on 1-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I used to joke with some Mormon friends of mine who asked me what i would do when this happened. They said they would be taking their food and heading for the hills and I would starve. I laughed and said, no you won't, I own a gun, I will take your food and you will starve.. They didn't think it was funny... But I think I made my point....

What is more scary is that an Elder of the Church of Latter Day Saints predicted that George W. Bush, Son of George H.W. Bush will bankrupt the world in the last year of his last term.. Roger K Young predicted this back in 1984... How did he know?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
those who have the gold, know how to melt the gold and turn in into coinage....well, wont they be the next bankers? I mean, isn't that how it all started with them to begin with? the old bankers seem to be heading for bankruptcy....as their economy collaspes, our currency will be less and less effective, so won't our government. come up with a new, more effective currency than what is being offered at the right time, and well......soon, you can be leveraging your way to riches also!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry, but when ever the "outsiders" find out what the "insiders" are doing in the market, ITS TOO LATE.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
IMHO - this " news " sounds like BS propaganda from bullion dealers - it i had millions i would be buying land and buildings at the moment

the credit crunch in the uk has put many developments into ` mothball status ` - and many developers are prepared to sell unfinished prokjects

bullion has its uses - but it is NOT the ` magic bullet ` bullion dealers claim it is

new topics

top topics

join