It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for gold commercials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
My neighbor 'sent in her gold jewelry' and couldn't believe how much she got ripped off.
She sent the check back and got her jewelry.

She's lucky to have gotten it back. If you want your gold back, some of these scam artists will "loose" it in the mail, and say, "Oh sorry, it was worthless anyway, go ahead and file a claim."

Some of you youngsters have never heard of W.C. Fields.
One of his classic lines was, "There's a Sucker born every minute."

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this site today. Great site. It’s nice to see other people – around the globe – suspicious, if not curious, of these gold commercials. All of you hit the nail on the head as to the reason. I YouTube’d myself to death last night exploring all the various lines of thinking regarding the New World Order, US dollar collapse, and Gold conspiracies and I have to say, the potentials are all scary. One concept I found realistic is the creation of the Amero, replacing the North American currencies. My only question, whose mugs will they place on the bills? Enjoy your holidays – if that applies to you.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know someone that sent in a damaged necklace. The gold content was about $150.00 (us) they got a check for $19.00 They called to get the necklace back as soon as they got the check in the mail and was told it had already been melted down. It is important to call the phone # and find out what they pay for 10K, 14K and 18K as all have different values. Your can more than likely get twice as much at a pawn shop. You will know what they offer and can walk out if its not enough. Your best deal is selling it on ebay.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aceace

OMG - Don't give anyone the advice to sell anything on ebay! More like feebay and don't get me started on their fascist policies. Just keep your jewelry.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A couple of things here., They know that the economy is down and people can use money. They also know that the mis informed will send in their jewelry
to some unknown entity just because they've seen in on TV.

They don't know of course that they only need to go to their neighborhood coin shop who will pay them for their gold jewelry as well...but that isn't convenient enough. They want that post paid envelope so they can lose their money even quicker !

Also, the high number of ads due to gold prices being down from this years highs and they know that they're going back up soon so ... buy low , sell high.

That's why we're seeing these ads world wide.

Lets see what happens with Gold in December. Apparently the Russians are cornering the market, planning to take delivery of their futures contracts which potentially exceed Comex's deposits.
Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Fair comment!!!

I just find it really weird that this kind of advertising has never taken place before, and that on a global scale!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Every time i see one one of these commercials i just have to shake my head. how on earth could someone be roped in by these scam artists?
Every, i mean every so called "customer" is so blatantly acting its ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i live in the uk and for the last 2 weeks there has been a temporary stall in my towns shopping centre where they will buy your gold off you.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

exacty right - and i have also seen these in the UK too, Just keep at the back of your mind though, that 10/20 pound note says something important. I promise to pay the bearer of this sum upon demand the sum of..'

It is actually an official IOU, over time we have become to see and accept these IOU's for actual Worth. Initially these IOU's could be taken to a bank and exchanged for the value in gold. This was the case for centuries with periods were in times of crisis the banks were unable to pay up the gold do to short reservesbank notes were brought in as actual currency until in 1914 they withdrew the exchange system from the gold standard. Instead it was backed up on the securities of the Banks. Something sounding a little worrying to you?? My advice - Keep and buy all the gold you can, It will be the only form of currency if the **** hits the fan which does not seem to impossible looking at the current economic environment.

www.bankofengland.co.uk...

I tried to post an image of a note but i couldn't - go get one out your wallet or look on google images.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I used the search tool. Found exactly what I am looking for
and am glad to see that someone else noted this. Below are
my thoughts on this:

I keep thinking that with this financial crisis and economic
breakdown that the dollar just may tank and become useless.
It's all speculative now.

However with this being a very hot topic on ATS like:
The collapsing dollar, Gold standard, small communities using
their own monetary unit and so on, I can't help but think that
perhaps gold & silver may become of real pertinent value.

Perhaps only temporarily while a plan is devised to introduce the
elusive and mysterious Amero or a new banking system is put into
place.

With the above being said, I have noticed many commercials for
companies wanting you to send your gold & silver to them for a
great price. I will be honest and say I haven't seen these commercials
until about the last year or 2.

I obviously can't say for certain, but I can't help but think that this
is a plan to get gold & silver out of peoples hands, so that if there
is a collapse they will be left with nothing that provides real value.

They will be at the mercy of the banks. Plus if the dollar crashes,
then the money they received after selling their gold becomes useless.

Who is really backing these companies, is there a federal/government

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add some newer info to it. Today I noticed one of the commercials that referred to the Cash for Gold program having $100 million to spend on scrap gold and they were offering 20% more on all offers. Given the current state of the economy who or what group would have $100 million lying around for this? Either a company with government backing or is it one of the banks we the tax payers gave billions to.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just another update. Last week I saw the same commercial now claiming to have $200 million to spend on gold by the end of September. Any ideas what may be up with this sudden push to buy up all the gold they can get?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

WOW. They sell everything using sex appeal in america? What are your car insurance adverts like?!?!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well there is almost no way of telling if you are getting a fair amount unless you know what you are doing when it comes to that.

The tell you to place your gold in the package and send it and they will send you money.....

How do you know how much money you are getting for your gold per ounce and if you are getting a better value based on the quality of the gold you give them......

Something doesn't smell right..........Could be all the melted down gold though..

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thought best to do a search before starting a new thread, and blimey here I am posting on a thread that was started over a year ago.

Cash For Gold, there must be at least five firms in the UK running adverts now, funnily enough the people fronting the ads all have one flaw, an untrustworthy face, however I digress.

My conspiracy side got thinking maybe these firms are all government run, they know there is a hell of a lot more STHF and are more than happy to take whatever gold we have and give us soon to be worthless paper, leaves us poor civvies needing government help even more.............perhaps as far as accepting the swine flu jab in return for food tokens, gas tokens for heating etc

Would also give the government more bargining power on the world table, they thrive whilst we try to survive..........

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
St louis here I've seen about 5 different ones but I have seen that 1 to I see them at least 5 or 6 times aday and AI don't even watch a lot of TV the dollar is dieing and they know it to bad us poor people can't afford gold guess I will have to do a lot of trading.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Do not sell your gold to these scammers. They are only paying out maybe 30% of what the gold is actually worth. Hold onto it for when it will actually come in handy. If the dollar tanks your gold will still be worth something.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I live in spain...and guess what...over here aswell they wanna buy the old or damaged jewlery you dont want..they say that in this moment gold is at its best price so thay pay you more...they send someone to your house to collect it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Glorified Pawn Shops is all this is. They give you a fraction of what it's worth and sell it for more than market value. It's a scam to prey on the misfortune of others. At least that's my opinion.

EDIT: Their biggest lie of all is this "we will only pay you for your precious metal...the stones in them are worthless/costume jewelry"

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join