It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the church is afraid of Science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by thegrayone

Science and religion are both methodologies to explain the universe around us. The difference between them is that one is impartial and self-correcting, and the other is self-indulgent and arrogant in its belief of untouchable truth. Science is the former, and religion is the latter. Scientists demand to be proven wrong, religious types can't think of anything worse. QED.

What can I tell you, I think you are right; both try to run our lives one way on another through society.

the grayone, You need to get out more...no one is trying to run your life!!!

FreeWill baby!!!!

He said..."whom do you say IAM?"

SR

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When you have the Vatican and Church of England and Islam backpeddling to flatter and apologise to Science to stay relevant to the modern world you just but have to laugh.

Maybe the dogmatic religious should of took note of the
buddhists and aimed for a more philospical approach of life and spirtuality.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by thegrayone

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by thegrayone

Science and religion are both methodologies to explain the universe around us. The difference between them is that one is impartial and self-correcting, and the other is self-indulgent and arrogant in its belief of untouchable truth. Science is the former, and religion is the latter. Scientists demand to be proven wrong, religious types can't think of anything worse. QED.

What can I tell you, I think you are right; both try to run our lives one way on another through society.

the grayone, You need to get out more...no one is trying to run your life!!!

FreeWill baby!!!!

He said..."whom do you say IAM?"

Oh yes,yes, from a religion perspective we have free will, yes. Now I see how familiar you are with religion or maybe you haven't belonged to an organization and had the experience.

And when it comes to society, well, free will is just an illusion. Just browse this website and read a bit to see what I'm talking about.

Telling me to get out more! lol... Of course you don't know what I do for a living.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
tgo,

Good, I have kinda figured out what you do....

From NY, travel...alot...ok? I get it...!!!!!

Good posts/contributions here....

When you get time please come over on my humble thread...would love to get your input, ok???

Here's the link.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

See you soon...hopefully!

OT out!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
double post....eeeekkkkk!!!...sorry!

2nd. thing to go is the....memory!

Can't remember the 1st...??????

[edit on 7-10-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im not here to argue just offer my 7 scents.

As the average intelligence level of the human race increases, it becomes harder to frighten the masses into submission.

Religion is responsible for that. See what you have are real actual, factual accounts people dillute into myths and they begin to worship and do exactly opposite what the text says. As the average intelligence level of the human race increase, we understand, our past is more complicated than we could have ever imagined. In the early 18-19th century, scientist and theorist scoffed at the idea of giant prehistoric mammalls and dinos. Only too be proven wrong by the locals, and legends. It seems like science is behind in civilization, but very advanced to what some refer to as 'natives' or 'primitives.

Im mean I can talk about all biblical accounts of any heritage or place and 'translate' a scientific answer. In the bible, I believe it was Elijah who walked with god a thousand years a came back the next day(a didnt age). Only now, have we been able to establish a foundation of what time is with space and 'hyper space'. If you dig into to that you can clearly see that someone, somehow traveled into the.....and returned. I can go on did you watch the video on ATS about 'moleeds', check that out.

You cant debunk or disprove anything if you refuse to do critical research. Some of you have never read any biblical scripture for yourself, and you make false claims because science lacks the knowledge to explain it. Its actually the other way around, scriptures are the answers and science are the never-ending questions. If you research the 'Dogon' you will see this, and you can start with the novice facts on serius (A,B,C)but dig deeper and understand how numerology and the heavens are prime factors in creation. They were handed knowledge that we still dont know today(the number of fundamental particles of matter, we say that thier are only 200+ they know that it is 266). The bible simply has some of the best (here is the keyword) "handpicked" books known to history. Imagine all of the "lights in the skies", "descriptions of the others","times before man" books that were purposely left out of the modern bible, torah, and quran, to create this vision that you coincedently possess.
All of the scare tactics and Devils (which are not mentioned once, nor is lucifer mentioned as equal opposition, but I bet most of you believe that-"that is in there") are the things you have been taught, and the things your mind created to fill in the blanks, and it simply doesnt make sense if you analyze a subject and you instruments are primitive. You are way off base with this one but I appreciate your approach. Modern science is coming to a dead end, because, noone has the ammount of money or space or space-time to create some of the experiments needed to evolve our theories.
Science sucks sometimes, sorry!
At the end of the day, Science is scared of scripture, because not only does it enlighten some, others are completely dumbfound to its secrets. Science is jealous because it proves what people risk their life to prove, theories.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Hi AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS,

I will accept your 7 cents worth!
An excellent script.....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join