It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes in Pakistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster so be easy on me.
Hidden amongst all the other current events I came across this article. They touched on it very briefly this morning on the news. My hunch is that they got Bin Laden (of course if he exists...and is still alive, etc). I wonder if they are waiting for a news release just before elections...Either way the context of going into another sovereign nation to pursue 'terrorists' scares me.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- U.S. military forces launched airstrikes on a Pakistani village early Wednesday morning, two Pakistani military sources told CNN.

The U.S. conducted airstrikes on a village in the border area of North Waziristan early Wednesday, sources said.

The strikes occurred about 1 a.m. in a village in North Waziristan, a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan near the Afghanistan border, a Pakistani military source said.
U.S. military sources could not immediately be reached for comment.
The sources said the U.S. military launched two or three missiles that struck at least one home. The sources did not have any information on casualties or injuries.
U.S. attacks in Pakistan have become a controversial issue in recent weeks.
In July, President Bush approved U.S. incursions in Pakistan to go after insurgents without consulting first with Islamabad.

www.cnn.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Can you post a link to your source please?

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nevermind, I found it.

edition.cnn.com...

I think Pakistan's new friend China won't like this...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yah, real scary. We'll see what happens. We are in interesting times... Sorry for not posting the source first. On that article there around some other links of interest as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just love US policy in bombing villages to allegedly catch a bad guy. The children that are blown apart, or their parents are inconsequential nonentities that should not be accorded world rights, though they are covered and protected by international law. Imagine Osama bin Laden taking over a stadium filled with 3000 people. Now, hmmm.... what to do. Well, bomb that sucker eh! Yeah that makes sense!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gwar11d2

I almost forgot.

And welcome to the site.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Sounds a lot like Team America: World Police

new topics

top topics

join