It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks. Wow there is a lot of open space out there.....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I realize that this has not seen any activity in a very long time, but after looking at the document that was posted on "serve" my brain had a slight jolt.
Now as im not paraphrasing here from the document; any debris would more than likley sent to LosAlamos, has anyone maybe thought of the idea that there may be a very large refridgeration system below the ground near the transformer? You also have to keep in mind that there have been many unverified claims that the US Defence has created some well camouflaged openings over the years, blending in hangar doors on the surface of mountains in various places in the US.
Chances are I am probably off my rocker but after looking into these claims over the years, and I think that this idea may be a little more logical. Besides, how far did the NTS actually drill before they found water? You can still hide quite a bit of stuff a mere 50 feet below the surface. Not to mention that entrances could be miles away from the actual site, unless you drive and survey the ground, no one can physically prove anything at this time.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Geez...

Here ya go : ATS.

Nothing there. Old nuke site.

Lex

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
powerpole in middle of nowhere? well like you guys said its a underground military base. But i talked to this one guy and he said if it is a base with its buildings camouflaged then our radars would detect it. Yes but, the base uses a type of UAV jamming device or the same type of technology the blackbird or F-117 jet would use to evade enemy detection.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
powerpole in middle of nowhere? well like you guys said its a underground military base. But i talked to this one guy and he said if it is a base with its buildings camouflaged then our radars would detect it. Yes but, the base uses a type of UAV jamming device or the same type of technology the blackbird or F-117 jet would use to evade enemy detection.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sometimes the best way of hiding something is to not hide it at all. The runway only has to be "invisible" to satellites. The easiest method would be to simply paint the runway tarmac to resemble the surrounding terrain. Odds are that flight operations would mostly occur at night. Runway markings could be laid out using low powered LED markers angled in such a way that they are visible only to aircraft on the correct approach vector by pilots wearing night vision goggles. The "Chesire Strip" would be clearly visible to the pilots that are supposed to be there.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The pole in the doughnut... Area 19

The following is conjecture:

From the design, I suspect that it was an EMP test stand. Back in the cold war, when the military needed to test hardened electronics, they couldn't just set off another nuclear device. So they used an EMP simulator. The capacitors needed to supply the pulse would be underground. The football, or test coil would go up on the phone pole. Vehicles could be driven up to the pole to test the electronics on board. Probably wasn't all that efficient back in that time. So that might explain the power line that goes underground. Now it could be a major underground facility, but the equipment needed was probably buried for security reasons.

Now, if you want to see if it's still in use, you can follow the high power line to it's southern intersection. Being along a highway, it would be easily accessable, and on public access property. Look and see if the swithces at the transfer point are still enabled. If not, the site is probably abandoned. If they are enabled, and the line is hot, you can tell if it's operating by getting close enough to one of the towers to see if there is any radio hash in a receiver. DO NOT climb the tower!!! The voltages involved will fry you on the spot. In high power radio, it's called death on contact. But if it is powered up, you will also be able to detect a magnetic signature. If is is drawing power, the magnetic field should be very high.
Another way to see what;s going on, is to drive up tho the point where the lines go underground. Again, an electromagnetic signature will be available. Just remember one thing, you will be on US Government controlled property!! Don't be foolish. If armed personnel approach you and tell you to leave, LEAVE! To do otherwise will get you into a detention cell, at the very least... When I guarded Nuclear Weapons, if you did not comply with my directive, I would have shot you. I'm sure the people providing security in the area are of the same mindset!

If I lived close to that area, I would go myself. But that is not possible at the present time. Maybe someday....

Let me know if you find anything....

Mad Dog

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And if anyone's interested, here www.abovetopsecret.com... is one thread discussing the Pine Gap facility (Australia's Area 51, you could call it).

There is one poster in particular, who has since been banned (
) who claims to be an ex-insider at Pine Gap

He sheds some VERY interesting light on the whole subject...

It makes for some very interesting reading on these top secret facilties.. so i just thought i'd add it here.

[edit on 18/6/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by ghost

apparently the laser research center there exploded years back and who everis there now moved in

link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well....the real way to do it...would be to have the concrete runway (colored as mentioned) and sprinkler system. Then, bury a lot of concrete rubble all over the surrounding area, just under the sand...making it look like perfectly natural rock distribution, to any overhead sattelites...

Even simpler would be to make it look like a runway.
Put some of the target planes and tanks in the area.
Make it appear to be part of the target range.

Re the "power lines that stop in the middle of A19"
I've never been able to see them in years of looking
at sat photos or airplane aerial shots.

If anyone believes they see where this mythical
power pylon is, please post the coordinates
or snap a screen capture and post that somewhere.

I simply don't see those pylons. I see an old,
used nuke test site.

Lumpy

www.digitalcartography.com

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I love the whole theory of "Let's hide a runway and only make it visible when we turn on the sprinklers"...Anybody ever think about what happens when it rains? I'm sure that's when they pull the camo tarp over the runway to hide it, right? Amusing..

[edit on 17-8-2008 by EBJet]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Would like to read a book or CD, call
Welcome to Area 19. written by Marilyn Monrow
look up this name on the myspace

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by quaneeri

This is what I get.....

Not Found
The requested URL /area_19_nts.htm was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.shundahai.org Port 80

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Have y'all seen this on Google Earth?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xero

Area 19? I herd of the "invisible runway" and looked up the cordinates for area 19. i think the cord. were off in google earth so i just started lookin around close to those cords. and found this. somewhat close to area 51 and the nevada test site.

the stip?
s960.photobucket.com...
s960.photobucket.com...
s960.photobucket.com...
close to 51. cut off a lil bit but just below where pic cuts is 51
s960.photobucket.com...

[edit on 19-11-2009 by MenTFresh]

[edit on 19-11-2009 by MenTFresh]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
No. Those are just targets on the Nevada Test and Training Range. It's a mock airfield, not a real airfield.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join