It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Fossett ID, other items found in Calif.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Possible Fossett ID, other items found in Calif.

www.miamiherald.com

SAN FRANCISCO -- A hiker in a rugged part of eastern California found an ID and other items possibly belonging to Steve Fossett, the adventurer who vanished on a solo flight in a borrowed plane more than a year ago, authorities said Wednesday.

The items were found Monday near the town of Mammoth Lakes, Inyo National Forest spokeswoman Nancy Upham said.

"We have some ID that has the name Steve Fossett," Mammoth Lakes police Investigator Crystal Schafer said. "They were turned in to us and are in our possession."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Man, I thought this was interesting. I was following the disappearance of Steve Fossett pretty closely, and also getting into several threads here at ATS that were more or less stating that there was some sort of conspiracy surrounding his disappearance. With these new facts after all this time, it seems to kind of reignite the whole thing. It seems this story broke monday, but this is the first I have seen about it.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

This is fascinating. Thank you for posting.

Hope to hear more soon.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by dreams n chains]

this link has a google map included:

travel.latimes.com...

[edit on 10/1/2008 by dreams n chains]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know the exact location other than 'near Minaret Lake' as this puts it about 40 or so miles from where the great Ed Dames 'remote viewed' the crash site. Just sayin'. Cheers.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by FASTER345]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

this link has a google map included:

Thanks, I didn't catch the map link. I hope more are as interested in this as I am. Steve was definitely working on some rad stuff when he disappeared, and I think it has been strange from the beginning.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This could be like when they said they had the terrorist's passport.... but I guess not because it really only deepens the mystery. They haven't found a crash site or a body.... so, would you think it's safe to say that Mr. Fosset survived the crash? Who knows where he went if he did.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

It is definitely a possibility he could have survived I guess. I am going to go back and try and find out what his original flight path was suppose to be compared to where these items were found and see if I can come up with anything. Hell, the last thread I read about this was talking about him being in another dimension, and was pretty interesting. I even remember someone interviewing his wife if I remember correctly, and she stated that he had contacted her.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

As far as I remember, he didn't submit a flight plan, which is why the search has been so hard. They basically had to take a radius of his fuel range to start looking.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, so it sounds like he must have survived the crash. It is sad that he didn't manage to find help and survive after that, his body will most likely never be found.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The girl that started the thread about him being in another dimension, started a yahoo egroup for interested people. I do not think I still have it however. Hey I think anything is possible. Interesting news, I will follow the thread. Thanks OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hi Stealthsurfer,

Apologise for making another post re this topic. I obviously did not search properly before posting.

This is really interesting stuff. Can't imagine why no plane wreckage has ever been found, and now we know why. It never crashed, me thinks. Just can't get me head round why has just the clothes been found.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is strange, that no plane wreckage was ever found, but an id badge and some belongings were?
That to me just adds to the mystery. I don't find everything to be a conspiracy, but something about this from the beginning has had me curious, as a few others from reading previous threads. I would really like to know how these items could turn up, but an entire plane goes missing, not even wreckage of any kind being found.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

The girl that started the thread about him being in another dimension, started a yahoo egroup for interested people. I do not think I still have it however. Hey I think anything is possible. Interesting news, I will follow the thread. Thanks OP.

I will definitely check out Yahoo groups and see if I can find the group you are referring to. Hopefully it is still accessible. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join