It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: "I always aspire to be a Dictator"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Freudian Slip or not you just don't SAY those kinds of things when you're running for President. Especially in this climate. There is no context here. It is what it is. 'Which I always aspire to be'. Seriously? Why on earth would he say that when he knows people are going over every word and glance with a fine-tooth-comb? Another maroon. Just what we need.

They can say what they want. The mention of a dictator gets people jumping and scared at the dark extremes of bad dictators usually.
Tyrants are what I would consider a 'Bad dictator' caveat (usually because of being bad). Idi Amin being an example of this
Colonel Kaddafi is someone who is considered a fairly good dictator having turned his back on the dark ways and doings of earlier years.
These days a *good* dictators usually gets called different names like leader, ruler, president or king
Every ruler is a dictator at one level or another.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's out of context. What he's trying to say, in a bad choice of words, is what anyone who was president would want. You would want what you stand for, your ideas, to be easily accepted. This is not possible obviously, but think about if you were elected president right now. I'll bet you have all kinds of ideas of how to change and fix the country, but you'd have an insane fight in doing so. Why? Congress has to approve of it. That's what he's saying. He's implying that he wishes that the fixes could come easily instead of thrashed through politics with added sweeteners and BS added to each bill passed by congress.

What you are implying is biased. Hmm...i wonder who u are going to vote for?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
McCain said something along the lines of "If I were dictator I would have written it a bit differently" in that video; you all do realize that 'dictator' can mean: "To say or read aloud something to be written down by a person or recorded by a machine" or generally "give orders" as in "dictate"?

I didn't see it as him saying "I want to be a tyrannical ruler" and I don't even like the guy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join