It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: "I always aspire to be a Dictator"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Interesting their is NO discernible smile or shame as he says it this is NOT "dry humour" this is intent. The admission is at 0:35

After Bush admitted the same over THREE times it really does make you wonder who and what is up for election. Vote John "Dictator" McCain get Sarah "Dont ask me a tough question" Palin

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Show me ONE polititian in the entire world that deep down doesn´t want to be a dictator, politics is a very frustrating game, and that is what he is trying to say.

Your thread title is misleading and taking words out of context is very easy.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What "CONTEXT" have I taking this quote out of?

I posted a fair portion of the interview, if I had ONLY posted the 10 secods in which he said the quote then yea I could understand, but that is NOT what I have done here.

You do what you want, Vote for this idiot and get more bloodshed Your choice, it affects me none, only in the sense of my Government and their lap dog attitude to the US

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

He said it as a hypothetical situation. Similar to saying if I had complete control over government here is what I would have done.

Here's a question for you. Have you never said or thought "if I was president I would do ........"?

You would be in a very small minority if you've never said or thought that.

BTW good job of taking quotes out of context.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by setfree
What "CONTEXT" have I taking this quote out of?

I posted a fair portion of the interview, if I had ONLY posted the 10 secods in which he said the quote then yea I could understand, but that is NOT what I have done here.

And yet you made your thread title "McCain: I always aspire to be a Dictator". In the OP you seem to think that he actually wants to be a dictator based on that short sentence.

Question for you, what was the intent of this thread?

By the looks of it you took a quote out of context to justify your belief that McCain wants to become a dictator.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That was on purpose. He's playing to the base.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well I just watched the entire video, and the part about always aspiring to be a dictator just flowed right out of him. He was using it in a certain illustrative way, but the wording was still what I would call a freudian slip.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Freudian Slip or not you just don't SAY those kinds of things when you're running for President. Especially in this climate. There is no context here. It is what it is. 'Which I always aspire to be'. Seriously? Why on earth would he say that when he knows people are going over every word and glance with a fine-tooth-comb? Another maroon. Just what we need.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Major is amused. Obviously the collective have failed Hyperbole 101 and have pursued a course of study in embraced ignorance. The literary device used by John McCain in this video snippet was employed to demonstrate how he would have constructed the legislation if had been given free reign.

Much like Nancy Pelosi's declaration of "martial law," if one suspends the literal knee jerk reaction and applies themselves to do a little research one might just discover what the adults are talking about.

The Major realizes that this isn't the collective's fault, and will now find a teacher to dress down for dereliction of duty

Dismissed.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok I guess my comments are now deleted, that is a shame and one sided I believe, HOWEVER, my Video is as it stands, it is posted because it WILL NOT make the Main Stream and it should. This comment is a disgrace for a would be Politician who wants to be President to make, and in light of President Bush's repeated referrence to the same issue one would have thought McCain would have been more careful. I believe the Video shows him as he is a Would Be wannabee Dictator. If he was joking I could understand it but I dont believe he was.

That is my Final word as I now realise I have to be real careful in who I debate on these boards

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Freudian Slip or not you just don't SAY those kinds of things when you're running for President.

How about saying those things when you are ALREADY president??

Bill Clinton – “I’ll rule by executive order if I have to”
talk about dictatorship.

“You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." -- President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28, 1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

President Bill Clinton on the Constitution: "When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans ..." "And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities."
- President Bill Clinton, 3-22-94, MTV's "Enough is Enough"

"We still will have the freedom of speech, freedom of association and freedom of movement, but we may have to have more discipline in doing it..." -President Clinton referring to his Ominibus Counterterrorism Act on "60 Minutes".

IMHO - THEY ALL GET POWER CRAZY! Every last stink'n one of them.
It's like a shark smelling blood.
When they get in the Oval Office they just can't help themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Show me ONE polititian in the entire world that deep down doesn´t want to be a dictator, politics is a very frustrating game, and that is what he is trying to say.

Your thread title is misleading and taking words out of context is very easy.

Elections should be run completely differently.

The people running should be the only people in the country who don't want to run.. lol

The most qualified person who doesn't want to run for president. lol

I mean.. isn't that the way the rest of the world works? most people I know work in a position they don't want to, and they usually do all the work they're supposed to AND AND AND they usually they do the job everyone expects of them, sure it might be half-aced but still it gets done the way the PEOPLE want.. lol

I find it scary that he even used the word dictator.

That word is soooooo semantically charged .. he might as well have said predator.

So let me get this straight.. (for those who don't think this is a big deal, because of the context)...

If I were to run for dictatorship, and planned on being successful I should lead with my wide-spread agreeable ideas first? ..

Like, if I were dictator than I'd make sure everyone would have free health-care, a 3 day weekend, free booze on sundays and free food fridays where you can get as much as you yourself can carry (one entry per-store per-person)....

How does one justify being a dictator, or using that word to express the job of a president or prime minister? What situation or context makes this appropriate to brush of as something we tolerate, I for one think we need people with way more sense than that to be president, or prime minister.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke
reply to post by setfree

He said it as a hypothetical situation. Similar to saying if I had complete control over government here is what I would have done.

Here's a question for you. Have you never said or thought "if I was president I would do ........"?

You would be in a very small minority if you've never said or thought that.

BTW good job of taking quotes out of context.

"Ifs" dont hide intent.

Hmmmmm...

reminds me of OJ SImpson's book "If I Did It"....

and if the thought "If I Were The President I Would Do..." leads you personally to think about dictatorship powers and intentions in a serious way, then hopefully it is you who are the very small minority.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How about saying those things when you are ALREADY president??

Bill Clinton – “I’ll rule by executive order if I have to”
talk about dictatorship.

Ah, the best Republican President ever defense.

Yup, not voting for HIM either in November. And didn't for his wife in the primary.

Any other defense for McCain being a complete tool, other than Clinton was too?

If your only reason for voting McCain is "our turn" then (as Palin DIDN'T say to Congress) "thanks but no thanks."

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The thought of McCain as dictator is quite scary, but what bothers me even more about that video is the way he says that Congress "failed to act." No, Mr. McCain. They ACTED. They ALL voted. You just didn't like the outcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There is a difference between being Frank and being Dick.

In this case, McCain is Frank Dick.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If he had just said "If I were dictator" and left it at that, that would be one thing. BUT...he threw in "As I aspire to be" which changes it completely.
It's the second part that makes it freaky. ONe can aspire to be president, and many do. But aspiring to be dictator WHILE you are running for president should scare the crap out of the TRUE conservatives.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals
Any other defense for McCain being a complete tool, other than Clinton was too?

Where exactly did you see me 'defending' McCain?
NO WHERE. Open your eyes and read the post.
I said that EVERY LAST STINKING ONE OF THEM goes power crazy.

If your only reason for voting McCain is ....

Again - read the post.
I did NOT say I was voting for McCain.
In fact - I am not.
I'm not voting for Obama and I'm not voting for McCain.

:shk: geeeeeeeeeeze people ... read the freak'n posts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join